[ROM] CM7 I727 Kang R7 Update {4/26/2012} Nightly 4/21/2012

Search This thread
Big props to the Dev. on this build, just so appreciate cm7 profile in contrast to all the bloated apps of tw!
Just wanted to highlight the issue that I've found with tethering error message when attempting to turn on wifi tethering and USB tether switch is non-responsive.
If this is a known issue, please omit this posting. Otherwise this rom is outstanding!!!

My ultimate dual core i727r missile Premium App

remember tw is not bloat. Its a virus like aids.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Uncle Irish

Nov 23, 2009
PTA APN working for anyone?
I've set it and can't get data unless I use the default

Last edited:

Uncle Irish

Nov 23, 2009
Bacon, did you get LTE working with the PTA APN? Fell asleep and didn't try it yet. I was a flash whore last night... don't even know what ROM I'm right now, but going back to this after I finish my final exam this morning.

ugh... 250 questions
4 hour time limit

Sometimes online classes suck

Uncle Irish

Nov 23, 2009
What modem you guys running? I'm on the latest ICS modem and thinking abut going back to last LA3. I've noticed some funkiness with the phone going into deep sleep and losing connection to my mcell.

I'd stick with LA3. Eugene mentions that this modem is tested and functional.

Got LTE working for data and browser works, but now getting random FC.
Wiped Dalvik in CWM, rebooted.Stuck at the CM logo (not boot ani) for about 7 mins now.
Power button restart and still handing at CM logo

Darkside
LA3
ROM

Back in business
Will update again with more details

Noticing that internal SD won't mount to PC. I don't use an SD card anymore with everything on Google Music or could storage

BaconStep

Jan 31, 2012
Las Vegas
If browser is crashing then wipe cache, Dalvik cache, then fix permissions. The only thing messed up is gallery is randomly force closing.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Uncle Irish

Nov 23, 2009
Running fine now with LTE is hit and miss. I'm in an LTE area, but sometimes I get LTE speeds (very weak), sometimes H speeds (normal).

mossination

Feb 10, 2011
Cm7 is amazingly fast. My phone has never been this fast, even on Ics. The only problem I'm having is with internal SD. I read through the op and didn't see a fix for it. Is their anyway to fix it without root explorer?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I Am Not AFFILIATED with the CyanogenMOD Team.. Any Comments by me are not the views of CyanogenMOD!

Please Read ENTIRE Post

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

****THIS IS A TESTING PHASE ROM THERE WILL BE ISSUES.****
    This is an Beta 5 release & Based on Slayher CM7 Build, but you should find it stable for everyday use.

**Known Issues**
    ~ Join Contacts don't work correctly
    ~ APN Lost on Airplane Mode
    ~ Render FX Not working ( I recommend using chainfire3D app in the market, as it works the same w/ night mode )
    ~ Youtube Fast Forward is Broken
    ~ volume+ might have issue.... see this Post
    ~ Changing CPU Governor can sometimes cause CPU1 from not going Offline
    ~ NFC not working
    ~ Build.prop will read as a T989, don't edit or it will cause the audio bug to return!! However, this build has the correct kernel for the I727 & won't have orientation screwed up

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 7 to your Galaxy S2 (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip Wipe Utility
    4. Flash LA3 Modem ( This is confirmed working )
    5. Install Rom

- Second time flashing
    1. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip Wipe Utility
    2. Install Rom

~ If Coming from ICS
    1. Use / Google DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip
    2. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip
    3. Flash Rom

Download:

T-Mobile T989 SGS2:
    Nightly 4/21/2012 -> CM7_373R7.zip
    CM7_373R6.zip

AT&T SkyRocket I727 SGS2:
    Nightly 4/21/2012 -> CM7_373R7_ATT.zip
    CM7_373R6_ATT.zip
    New build is up & working now...

This should give everyone that much needed CM7 Ride......

READ OP!!!
    New T989 / I727 CM7 Rom is going to be posted tonight, Based off of nightly 4/21/2012. Took abit of work but now it's done!
    Rom is now Updated for I727 build
    fail-.- just use cyanotouchwiz or hop over to ics, many stable builds now

Prime example of what i was talking. About in mhx rom thread..
    What is happening to our once great thread. Because of the influx of ungratefull. Noobs.