To remove status 7 error

Search This thread

Siddharth121

Mar 10, 2013
While flashing a rom, sometimes we get a "status 7 error". This Guide helps you to get out from it, and flash your favourite rom. Let's get started.

Move to META_INF > COM > GOOGLE > ANDROID by extracting the rom.
Here you will find a file "updater-script". Rename this file as updater-script.doc (microsoft word format) or use notepad++ (preferably)
(in some pc, extensions are nor visible. to make them visible, follow these steps)
Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking
Folder Options.
Click the View tab, and then, under Advanced settings, do one of the following:
To display file extensions, clear the Hide extensions for known file types check box, and then click OK.

Double click to open it( microsoft word preferred)
delete text, starting from "assert ....... till the semicolon ( of the last getprop command).

(See the image in the attached file for carefully deleting the lines. Click this link.)

Save the file now.
Again rename the file, and delete the .doc extention
Now go back and zip these files again. and you will get a zipped rom.

And the status 7 error has now been removed!

Last edited:

badagila

Apr 5, 2013
Iloilo City
www.facebook.com
hey!
while flashing roms, many times we get a "status 7 error". while searching in many threads, we do not get how to resolve it. i will tell you each and every thing step by step
so i made a NOOB FRIENDLY WAY TO RESOLVE STATUS 7 ERROR

make sure that the rom you have downloaded matches your phone model, if you flashed some other rom, you may hard brick your device.

1. First extract your rom (for example using 7-zip)
2. Go to the folder META_INF > COM > GOOGLE > ANDROID
3. Here you will find a file "updater-script"
4. Rename this file as updater-script.doc (microsoft word format)
(in some pc, extensions are nor visible. to make them visible, follow these steps)
Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking
Folder Options.
To display file extensions, clear the Hide extensions for known file types check box, and then click OK.

5. Double click to open it( microsoft word preferred)
6. delete text, starting from "assert ....... till the semicolon(;) of the last getprop command. (see image in attached file-lines to delete)
7. Now save the file
8. Again rename the file, and delete the .doc extention
9. now go back to the main rom folder where you extracted the 3 files. zip these files again. and you will get a zipped rom.

and the status 7 error has now been removed!:good:
happy flashing :victory::victory:

at last, as you read in every post, i am not responsible for any bricked device.

have you already try to cook rom using android kitchen?

Siddharth121

Mar 10, 2013
I saw android kitchen. But it didn't supported my p3100. Ive rooted my htc day before yesterday. I'll try that surely :thumbup:
But why?..
Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda premium

Reactions: Zeghra

OpenMinded

Oct 26, 2006
so the advice is to remove the device check?
How about a tip on how to use the proper device id or name?
So where do I look in the device to use the name that works?
That would be better imho.
I did try to use the values in the build.prop file from the running device, but that did not work eiter.

Last edited:

ykaratm

Jun 17, 2012
Now i'm getting status 4 error

i was getting status 7 error. Searched the forum and found this thread. I followed the directions to take off the lines from updated script files, but now i'm getting status 4 update. Can anyone recommend me how i can take care of status 4 error?
I can't flash any custom rom from recovery. Please help.

Last edited:

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
Hi,

I still get status 7 after using this guide.
any advice?

My Android Solutions

[27] Problem:- ClockworkMod Recovery giving Status 7 error "Installation aborted".

Solution:- One or some of the prerequisite requirement for the needed upgrade is missing or corrupted . So you may need to identify and replace that requirement for the installation to continue. Most likely could be due to wrong bootloader, wrong CWM, Wrong IMEI, Wrong Radio etc

Check this out!You , YES! you are an " Android ". Not your phone but U.

You Must watch this documentary concerning your privacy Terms & Conditions we had agreed to, by using a PC or Smartphone

How to say Thank you? If you find any post helpful on XDA, please click on the Thanks button
thanks.jpg

If you are using XDA App or Tapatalk, long press on the post and select :good: Thanks
Its easier to give "Feedback" in this manner than make an additional post.​

A

apsanchezs

Error 7

My Android Solutions

[27] Problem:- ClockworkMod Recovery giving Status 7 error "Installation aborted".

Solution:- One or some of the prerequisite requirement for the needed upgrade is missing or corrupted . So you may need to identify and replace that requirement for the installation to continue. Most likely could be due to wrong bootloader, wrong CWM, Wrong IMEI, Wrong Radio etc

I have had Error 7 due to delete many apps and unnecessary files in the rom. I resolved my problem flashing again the rom (previous rom) that I was removing apps and files. Then, I flash the new rom and problem resolved. Regards.

P.D. I have FXP238 CM10 installed and running ok.

Al Darist

Jun 26, 2012
Folder Options.

6. delete text, starting from "assert ....... till the semicolon(;) of the last getprop command. (see image in attached file-lines to delete)
7. Now save the file
9. now go back to the main rom folder where you extracted the 3 files. zip these files again. and you will get a zipped rom.

hi, i follow all the instruction, but im still getting error, this time its "status 6"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While flashing a rom, sometimes we get a "status 7 error". This Guide helps you to get out from it, and flash your favourite rom. Let's get started.

Move to META_INF > COM > GOOGLE > ANDROID by extracting the rom.
    Here you will find a file "updater-script". Rename this file as updater-script.doc (microsoft word format) or use notepad++ (preferably)
    Folder Options.

Double click to open it( microsoft word preferred)
    delete text, starting from "assert ....... till the semicolon ( of the last getprop command).

(See the image in the attached file for carefully deleting the lines. Click this link.)

Save the file now.
    Again rename the file, and delete the .doc extention
    Now go back and zip these files again. and you will get a zipped rom.

And the status 7 error has now been removed!
    hey!
    while flashing roms, many times we get a "status 7 error". while searching in many threads, we do not get how to resolve it. i will tell you each and every thing step by step
    so i made a NOOB FRIENDLY WAY TO RESOLVE STATUS 7 ERROR

make sure that the rom you have downloaded matches your phone model, if you flashed some other rom, you may hard brick your device.

Folder Options.

7. Now save the file

and the status 7 error has now been removed!:good:
    happy flashing :victory::victory:

at last, as you read in every post, i am not responsible for any bricked device.

have you already try to cook rom using android kitchen?
    Easiest way to solve the status 7 error problem.
    Made a video on how to solve it, here it is...
    It Works!

Thanks! It works!
    though i followed also some setup in cwm before flashing
    here what i did before flashing the modified zip:

WIPE
    data
    cache
    dalvik cache

FORMAT
    system
    data
    cache