🔥I would like to see more ROMs using OpenDELTA 🐙🐙

Search This thread

dEris

Nov 6, 2009
Dallas Texas
google.com
I don't know about anyone else, but I've been enjoying these CM11 nightly updates only requiring me to download and flash a 10mb-15mb file to get me to the latest nightly. ?

There is a third party app called CyanDelta and it gives us custom ROM end users an OTA-like experience. Sad thing is, this will only work on official ROMs from CyanogenMod.

OmniROM is using the Delta method as well to update their users, it's built into their ROM.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to enable your ROM to be compatible with CyanDelta, but the developer states to contact him if you're interested.

This method saves time and bandwidth, especially for people using their limited data connection.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cyandelta

Last edited:

Rohit02

Sep 17, 2012
Pune
I don't know about anyone else, but I've been enjoying these CM11 nightly updates only requiring me to download and flash a 10mb-15mb file to get me to the latest nightly. ?

There is a third party app called CyanDelta and it gives us custom ROM end users an OTA-like experience. Sad thing is, this will only work on official ROMs from CyanogenMod.

OmniROM is using the Delta method as well to update their users, it's built into their ROM.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to enable your ROM to be compatible with CyanDelta, but the developer states to contact him if you're interested.

This method saves time and bandwidth, especially for people using their limited data connection.

Yes No doubt it will help a lot..

I am huge fan of Omni and Purity.. Omni being in developing stage(Feature wise) I am on Puirty.. Hope @DariosF includes this awesome feature..:)

rirozizo

I've always been with this idea ever since i started flashing ROMs, and update them... having a slow connection speed is a very irritating thing when it comes to downloading gapps and ROMs. especially ROMs with OEM skins like sense and touchwiz which come in at about 600+MB

Sent from my Nexus 4

Zehlek

I've always been with this idea ever since i started flashing ROMs, and update them... having a slow connection speed is a very irritating thing when it comes to downloading gapps and ROMs. especially ROMs with OEM skins like sense and touchwiz which come in at about 600+MB

Sent from my Nexus 4

+1

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

dEris

Nov 6, 2009
Dallas Texas
google.com
Glad to see more ROMs are using deltas! Finally!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
[DEVICE : LTE N⁴] [ROM : CRDROID] [KERNEL : STOCK-OTG]
[LAUNCHER : NOVA] [CARRIER : T-MOBILE]
[SCREENSHOT : FEB.18.2014]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.