[Q] Constant Recover Boot Loop After ANY Rom Flash

Search This thread

jdbbcd

May 20, 2014
Hello all,
This is my first time posting, but I rely on these forums for many questions, and it has always served me well. My issue is this... I am new to flashing custom roms, although not new to rooting. I follow every step of each instruction, even using the preferred (by developer) recover app. But after installation, when it does the first reboot, the phone reboots to the screen before the recovery menu, the reboots again and again. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I have tried different suggestions (delete cache/dalvik/user date more than once) among trying multiple rom's. Is this a normal issue? Is this fixable or just user (me) error? I can always get to download screen and re-flash the stock, and things work fine, but any custom rom seems to get stuck in recovery bootloop. Thanks in advance for the help.

T-Mobile US Note 3 ****900T
Most current KitKat.

The roms I am trying to use state they are for Kitkat build, for T-mobile Note 3 ***900T.

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
Hello all,
This is my first time posting, but I rely on these forums for many questions, and it has always served me well. My issue is this... I am new to flashing custom roms, although not new to rooting. I follow every step of each instruction, even using the preferred (by developer) recover app. But after installation, when it does the first reboot, the phone reboots to the screen before the recovery menu, the reboots again and again. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I have tried different suggestions (delete cache/dalvik/user date more than once) among trying multiple rom's. Is this a normal issue? Is this fixable or just user (me) error? I can always get to download screen and re-flash the stock, and things work fine, but any custom rom seems to get stuck in recovery bootloop. Thanks in advance for the help.

Most current KitKat.

The roms I am trying to use state they are for Kitkat build, for T-mobile Note 3 ***900T.

Have you followed this guide to prepare your phone for custom roms flashing?

Reactions: jdbbcd

jdbbcd

May 20, 2014

OK, yes I followed that guide. Even tried the extra guide on that thread on page 3, but still does the same thing. Constant bootloop showing the seandroid is not enforcing in red and something else below it. It doesn't read recovery in blue at the top, but that's the screen. I can go back into recovery using vol up and home, but will never boot the os or rom i flashed, until I reflash the stock rom. There has to be something I am missing. :?

Last edited:
Reactions: hey_joe

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
OK, yes I followed that guide. Even tried the extra guide on that thread on page 3, but still does the same thing. Constant bootloop showing the seandroid is not enforcing in red and something else below it. It doesn't read recovery in blue at the top, but that's the screen. I can go back into recovery using vol up and home, but will never boot the os or rom i flashed, until I reflash the stock rom. There has to be something I am missing. :?

Which version is your stock 4.4.2?

jdbbcd

May 20, 2014

Hey, thanks for the reply.
Phone shows;

Model Number
SM-N900T

Android Version

Baseband Version
N900TUVUCNB4

Kernel Version
3.4.0-660648
dpi@SWDD5008 #1
Wed Feb 12 21:31:27 KST 2014 (<-----What?)

Build Number
KOT49H.N900TUVUCNB4

SE for Android Status
Enforcing
SEPF_SM_N900T_4.4.2_0005

Security Software Version
MDF v1.0 Release 2

Not sure how much of all that you need, but for time delay, i give you all

Reactions: hey_joe

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
Phone shows;

Model Number
SM-N900T

Android Version

Baseband Version
N900TUVUCNB4

Kernel Version
3.4.0-660648
dpi@SWDD5008 #1

Build Number
KOT49H.N900TUVUCNB4

SE for Android Status
Enforcing
SEPF_SM_N900T_4.4.2_0005

MDF v1.0 Release 2

If you're successful in rooting and flashing Phil's CWM, maybe try flashing a custom rom again followed by a kernel like this one. Out of curiosity, which rom have you tried to flash?

jdbbcd

May 20, 2014
Smasher x was the last one I tried for 4.2.2

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
Smasher x was the last one I tried for 4.2.2

I might be wrong but that one although is Kitkat needs a 4.3 bootloader where you have 4.4.2 which is why it's bootlooping. Try a newer aosp or the like that are recent that supports both 4.3 and 4.4.2 bootloader.

jdbbcd

May 20, 2014
That makes sense. Do you have a link to a list of some sort where I can find such a thing?

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
That makes sense. Do you have a link to a list of some sort where I can find such a thing?

WO3 Slim, Heisenberg are just a couple of roms which can be found in the android dev section of tmobile. Just have to make sure you read in the feature section if it supports 4.4.2 bootloader which most recent cyanogen, aosp, etc... supports.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: radicalisto

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,

Most current KitKat.

Phone shows;

Model Number
    SM-N900T

Android Version

Baseband Version
    N900TUVUCNB4

Kernel Version
    3.4.0-660648
    dpi@SWDD5008 #1

Build Number
    KOT49H.N900TUVUCNB4

SE for Android Status
    Enforcing
    SEPF_SM_N900T_4.4.2_0005

MDF v1.0 Release 2

Phone shows;

Model Number
    SM-N900T

Android Version

Baseband Version
    N900TUVUCNB4

Kernel Version
    3.4.0-660648
    dpi@SWDD5008 #1

Build Number
    KOT49H.N900TUVUCNB4

SE for Android Status
    Enforcing
    SEPF_SM_N900T_4.4.2_0005

MDF v1.0 Release 2

If you're successful in rooting and flashing Phil's CWM, maybe try flashing a custom rom again followed by a kernel like this one. Out of curiosity, which rom have you tried to flash?