Samsung Galaxy S Screen Problem

Search This thread

streakpt

Aug 9, 2010
Sesimbra
Hi, does anyone else has a big C like a water mark on your phones?

The app is wifi Analyzer.

Attachments

• galaxys.jpg
    galaxys.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 884

cmotif

Aug 24, 2010
That looks suspiciously like the shape of the coloured print on the protective sheet that a brand new galaxy s was shipped with.

stilly1982

Aug 29, 2010
Yeap it's the marked burn of the C from the protective cover... Gonna bring it back...

I have a similar circle like yours in my screen in the right-center of the screen...
I see it only when there is a grey screen or brown screen...
What is this????
I have verified that isn't the protective cover....
Can anyone help me???
Thanks!!!!

jutezak

Sep 19, 2010
Could it be that the phones have been in the sun with the protective film on?

I remember AMOLED screens being sensitive to light, that light being th ereason for wear. but external sunlight MIGHT also have that effect. When it is the sun with that cover for a few weeks...

possible?

Chronos12

Sep 22, 2010
Did you used Invisible Shield? Because those who watered the phone with Invisible Shield got onwed.

I hope you didn't.

almaalma74

Mar 11, 2009
I don't why, but this is NOT screenburning.
I have seen two types screen watermark C and L. These screens are little blueish.
Maybe screen type sign, you are not alone.

compuse

Oct 21, 2008
seems that you've got yourself a showmodel, it's the excact location(just checked with one that's still in the box) of the foil with the huge C in the middle, they prolly kept him several weeks in the light/sun?

nemethb

Aug 22, 2010
Ottawa
seems that you've got yourself a showmodel, it's the excact location(just checked with one that's still in the box) of the foil with the huge C in the middle, they prolly kept him several weeks in the light/sun?
Agreed.

I see three options:
1. Leave your phone in the sun for an extended period of time so that it hopefully evens out the mark. Problem is you would purposely be wearing down the phone so the mark isn't as visible.
2. Use your phone normally and over time it should go away.
3. Return your phone and get a non-defective one. If they give you a hard time (and you aren't past the 14days/30minutes) just say you'll return it and get a new one if they don't give you what you want (reps. can be pricks sometimes).