european time jumping 1 to 3 hrs ahead.

Search This thread

conantroutman

Retired Senior Moderator - XDA Portal Team
Dec 10, 2009
after last weeks time fiasco now im having another problem.
the time (uk) seems tokeep jumping forward one hour.

anyone else or is it just me?

had been fine all week after the domestic time change.

Last edited:

conantroutman

Dec 10, 2009
after resetting the clock a few times and a soft reset the time seems to be sticking......

im guessing this is something to do with the us time change......
either way, thankyou htc/america for getting me to work an hour early.

conantroutman

Dec 10, 2009
well at least im not the only one :D

time is now 3hrs ahead lol

conantroutman

Dec 10, 2009
ok thanks guys,, changing thread title to european time.
I believe the solution (for me anyway) lies in the homedst and autodst reg entries...... haven't cracked it yet though.

romka.t

Sep 11, 2008
Chisinau
got the same damn issue, i'm on GMT +2, the clock always jumps 2 hours ahead, though the internet syncro is off :mad:

djchubbs

Jan 28, 2010
happened to me, seems to be ok now taht i have turned off the auto update for daylight saving

conantroutman

Dec 10, 2009
Well I thought I'd cracked it........... 4hrs and all was well.............
then............ +4hrs :eek: a new personal best :D

Currently trying this reg tweak -
The way to fix +1 hour is to disable NITZ service:
HKLM/Drivers/BuiltIn/RIL
NITZEnable = 0
TZEnabledAfterReboot = 0

I am not sure that the second value exists in custom or European roms - but it exists in OperatorPKG of Leo TMOUS (in my case).

Disabling NITZ you are to set up the local time manually but after reboots you will get no **** with clock settings any more.

Its the same as the gsm/umts fix posted in other threads except via the registry for people who dont have that option under phone settings.......
One hour in and all is well.......

Also found these cabs floating around.
The one from Dutty is the reg tweak above in cab form.

The DST Update is apparently an official microsoft release.
I cant confirm that I just found it on the forums.
I have opened up the cab though and it is a series of reg tweaks relating to the various settings for different timezones. Nothing malicious :D

Hope that helps someone.

diamond_cbr

Aug 13, 2009
European Time problem

Hello

Hello

I post in an other tread (3-11-10) work fine:
(thx Desmoniac)

For time problem.

I just found the solution in French on French forum :

"Dans : Paramètres / menu / plus / personnel / téléphone / fuseaux horaires ---> v Change automatiquement le fuseau horaire et l'heure."

I try to translate (tks Google)--> Settings / menu / more / personal / phone / time zone ---> v Automatically changes the time zone and time Parametre

It's strange, but all other settings I try don't work.

This setting work (for this time)

@+

Jerseyman

Aug 22, 2007
Another one with the problem in the UK

When I started looking for a solution I was one hour ahead. Now it's two hours ahead.

Didn't have any problems at the summer change

conantroutman

Dec 10, 2009
Ive been using the reg tweak I posted a little while ago all afternoon and Im pretty confident thats its worked.... try duttys cab if your not keen on getting into the reg. It seems to be the most popular solution across the board........

mkuijlaars

Oct 17, 2009
I Had contact with HTC NL about this problem. HTC gives the solution that dimond_cbr gives.

Other problems and this one about the new ROM will be reported to the technical service. So they can make an update.

So as everyone can report this problem and others with the new rom, there will be soon an update.

janroc

Aug 25, 2010
Same problem for me.

Reply from the support at HTC.

-------------------------------
This is not a fault with the device or its software, your device updates its time automatically from the internet and from your mobile provider.

Occasionally there is a difference in the time from the internet and the time from your provider which can cause the time to appear to be changing when it should be the same.

Normally this will resolve itself within a few days, however, this is very inconvenient so we recommend you disable any automatic time updates on your device.

WM 5, 6, 6.1, start settings, personal, phone, timezones and disable automatic time updates

WM6.5 old Sense: start, settings, all settings, persoanl, phone, UMTS services, automatic time updates

W>6.5 new sense, Settings -> Data services -> Time synchronization -> Untick all here

Sincerely,

Alex

HTC

Shaamaan

Apr 30, 2010
I've got the same problem (Poland here).

I've disabled that Time Sync option in the Phone settings AND the Internet Time Sync in the Services tab... HOWEVER, if I turn the Internet Time Sync back on, I still get +1 to the time. So, assuming the option in the services tab is working fine, then diamond_cb's solution doesn't work for me.

Now, it'd be really nice if I knew which server the phone is using to synch the time. Perhaps that server still hasn't figured out that we're on DST here in Poland...

I should also note I'm running the latest version of Energy ROM.

tony.wheeler

Feb 25, 2005
Swindon
Just the same problem here (UK, T-Mobile, and various 6.5 ROMs) - I thought my HD2 was in need of repair!:mad: I installed 3 other ROMS thinking the problem had been caused by a ROM update that I had just completed.

I wonder if this is an HD2 general problem or relates only to some ROMS.

Many thanks to those ahead of me here - as ever XDA forum comes up trumps. I just hope that stopping all service provider and Internet time updates solves the problems.

Miishaak

Dec 12, 2009
Today I had the same problem again, with the time change...

What about set that the telephone will update the time for example every 15 minutes?