[MOD] Camera Mod: Take pictures with the power button

Search This thread

Frooty

May 29, 2011
This is a mod to the stock camera app that comes with the Infuse.

Features:
  • Take pictures with the power button
  • Take pictures even when low on battery (less than 15%)
  • Record videos even when low on battery (less than 15%)

Know bug:
The only known bug so far is the home key ceases to function on odd presses of the power button. So if you take a picture with the power button, the home key won't close the app, but if you take another picture with the power button, the home key will work correctly again. It keeps flip flopping between working and not every time you press the power button.

However, even when the home key doesn't work, you can still close the app with the back key. I tried forever to fix this but so far couldn't. If people complain about it then I'll look into it more.
Thanks MikeyMike01 for giving me the fix!

Update:
  • Version 1.1 has the fix to the home key not working.

Note: This is my first ever mod for any phone. I've tested it and had some other people test it and everything seems to be working perfectly, however keep in mind that since this is my first mod that something I may not have thought of may go wrong. If something does happen, let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Installation:
Download link
img.php

It is a CWM flashable zip. Download the zip, boot into CWM, and install it. Then reboot and you're good to go. Be sure to back up your current Camera.apk (/system/app/Camera.apk) in case something happens to it. Nothing should happen, but better be safe than sorry.

Do not install this on a stock ROM. This requires you to be on a deodexed ROM in order to use; installing it on a stock ROM with just cause it to FC whenever you open it. If you still want to use it on a stock ROM, try installing it and then deleting Camera.odex from /system/app.

If something gets screwed up and you want to go back to the stock camera, put this in your /system/app : http://www.mediafire.com/?agjxja90ord61xc
Again, that camera is deodexed and won't work on a stock ROM.

If you need help with anything feel free to ask. Questions, comments, and concerns are always welcome.

Thanks
Whoops, forgot to thank people! Thanks to arcangels03 (he doesn't know it, but that post is what I used to get started in modding), h8rift, hoofadoo, RockingKK, gtg(for helping me realize the home button is a lost cause), aleadam for the Home Key fix and MikeyMike01 for linking me to it, as well as a few other people from the IRC whose names I am forgetting.

Last edited:

DevilDogAK

Oct 4, 2009
Juneau, AK
Causes camera app to fc. Good idea,execution needs work though. Thanks for the effort.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App

Frooty

May 29, 2011

You are the man! I scoured the internet as far as I could and could not find a fix to this at all. I did have the idea this morning of doing something similar to what the person in the link said but I was being lazy and didn't really feel like trying anything new at the moment.

Also is this causing anyone else's camera to FC? If it does could you post what ROM you're using and any other information that you think may or may not be helpful?

Reactions: crazynfo

RockingKK

May 21, 2011
Outside Tuscola Texas
Good to see ya got it working. Gonna give it a try now.

K got it installed and no issues on my end. Worked like a charm.
Running Refuse 1.6 with its included kernel

Last edited:

Frooty

May 29, 2011
Causes camera app to fc. Good idea,execution needs work though. Thanks for the effort.

Do you by chance happen to be using a stock/non-deodexed ROM? If you have a Camera.odex file in /system/app then you may need to remove or rename it. That's the only thing I can think of right now that might be causing it to FC for you.

Reactions: sn707 and crazynfo

clown_luv

Aug 3, 2010
Thank you been waiting on this no thanks button on xda app but +10

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a mod to the stock camera app that comes with the Infuse.

Features:
    • Take pictures with the power button
    • Take pictures even when low on battery (less than 15%)
    • Record videos even when low on battery (less than 15%)

Know bug:
    The only known bug so far is the home key ceases to function on odd presses of the power button. So if you take a picture with the power button, the home key won't close the app, but if you take another picture with the power button, the home key will work correctly again. It keeps flip flopping between working and not every time you press the power button.

However, even when the home key doesn't work, you can still close the app with the back key. I tried forever to fix this but so far couldn't. If people complain about it then I'll look into it more.
    Thanks MikeyMike01 for giving me the fix!

Update:
    • Version 1.1 has the fix to the home key not working.

Note: This is my first ever mod for any phone. I've tested it and had some other people test it and everything seems to be working perfectly, however keep in mind that since this is my first mod that something I may not have thought of may go wrong. If something does happen, let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Installation:
    Download link
    img.php

It is a CWM flashable zip. Download the zip, boot into CWM, and install it. Then reboot and you're good to go. Be sure to back up your current Camera.apk (/system/app/Camera.apk) in case something happens to it. Nothing should happen, but better be safe than sorry.

Do not install this on a stock ROM. This requires you to be on a deodexed ROM in order to use; installing it on a stock ROM with just cause it to FC whenever you open it. If you still want to use it on a stock ROM, try installing it and then deleting Camera.odex from /system/app.

If something gets screwed up and you want to go back to the stock camera, put this in your /system/app : http://www.mediafire.com/?agjxja90ord61xc
    Again, that camera is deodexed and won't work on a stock ROM.

If you need help with anything feel free to ask. Questions, comments, and concerns are always welcome.

Thanks
    Whoops, forgot to thank people! Thanks to arcangels03 (he doesn't know it, but that post is what I used to get started in modding), h8rift, hoofadoo, RockingKK, gtg(for helping me realize the home button is a lost cause), aleadam for the Home Key fix and MikeyMike01 for linking me to it, as well as a few other people from the IRC whose names I am forgetting.
    im richard nixon and i approve this message.

Do you by chance happen to be using a stock/non-deodexed ROM? If you have a Camera.odex file in /system/app then you may need to remove or rename it. That's the only thing I can think of right now that might be causing it to FC for you.

You are the man! I scoured the internet as far as I could and could not find a fix to this at all. I did have the idea this morning of doing something similar to what the person in the link said but I was being lazy and didn't really feel like trying anything new at the moment.

Also is this causing anyone else's camera to FC? If it does could you post what ROM you're using and any other information that you think may or may not be helpful?