[ROM][ICS][IML74K] teamhacksung's CM9 ALPHA for Captivate (BUILD 17)

Search This thread

nkrick

Feb 20, 2009
Guys suggest me a Best kernel for this Rom..

Right now am on Some pawitp@pawitpmbp#1 kernel..

The developers have kindly requested that people only use the THS kernel included with the ROM (the pawitp kernel). If you insist on going against the developers wishes, please do your own research for what other kernels exist and then post exclusively in the forum for that kernel as your bug reports will do nothing to help THS if you are not using their kernel.

nyciz

Nov 9, 2007
NYC - now in NE PA or ATL
Charging death is an issue for some folks. I never had that but had the issue with the phone rebooting randomly during calls.

It was recommended that I try Test Kernel #2 from the OP and it cleared it up for me. I believe they were recommending it for charging death as well. Shouldn't hurt anyway.

Test Kernel #2 was a potential solution for the "rebooting during calls" ? Can anyone else can confirm that this actually so?

Not knocking Capfearless, but I would confirmation before applying a kernel. I usually keep things stock. Also (i know I should search) Where is the test kernel #2 for BL15? TIA

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

For those with missed call problems, try flashing http://faramir.eriador.org/pawitp/riltest.zip and report back. (They are RIL libraries from XXJVU.)

Does anyone know if this is build specific? I'm still on B15....TIA

RaptorOne3

Dec 25, 2010
Guys suggest me a Best kernel for this Rom..

Right now am on Some pawitp@pawitpmbp#1 kernel..

The developers have kindly requested that people only use the THS kernel included with the ROM (the pawitp kernel). If you insist on going against the developers wishes, please do your own research for what other kernels exist and then post exclusively in the forum for that kernel as your bug reports will do nothing to help THS if you are not using their kernel.

+1 x 2 = What he said...

The best kernel for this ROM is the kernel that came with it! We live by that rule around here... You shouldn't even mention other kernels here... Bad juju brah...

Malorkus

Oct 3, 2010
Another missing feature or am I just too dumb to find it in the new menu structure: I can't find a way to disable app permissions on a per-permission basis in CM9.. Not a huge deal, but is it coming back?

nkrick

Feb 20, 2009
Another missing feature or am I just too dumb to find it in the new menu structure: I can't find a way to disable app permissions on a per-permission basis in CM9.. Not a huge deal, but is it coming back?

It is likely that we will see most CM7 apps/abilities ported to CM9 (with the exception of things that ICS does natively now). If you want any details about what is being ported, you will have to see what you can find about the core CyanogenMod development. The CM9 github is probably the best place to start (good luck if you do look).

As far as ETA's, none will be given, so don't bother asking. Watching github is about all you can do (unless you want to do your own development and contribute).

capefearless

Oct 4, 2010
Greensboro, NC
Below is a reply to nyciz...

This isn't a kernel this is a change to the RIL libraries.

I applied test kernel #2 and have not had an issue with in call reboot since then.

In so far as your concern goes about keeping it stock and etc, considering that both test kernel #2 and this fix come from the stock kernel cook, I think it will be ok.

Finally...the entire point of this thread and the alpha test it represents is to provide testing and feedback to the devs. As I am one of the folks experiencing the issue while using their experimental build I feel it is my duty to test their proposed solutions and share my findings. If I wanted to play it safe I'd stick with a stable /official build like CM7 or one of the many Samsung GB builds.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Last edited:
Reactions: nyciz and nkrick

capefearless

Oct 4, 2010
Greensboro, NC
I also have installed the testril.zip. So far it looks good (my phone will ring), but it is too early to tell if the problem still exists since incoming calls do not always fail to ring.

Ditto. Will report back in a few days.
Honestly, my phone hasn't missed any calls on over a week so even a few days won't be terribly conclusive. Hopefully all the folks with the missed call issue will apply the test and we can get some real sense of whether it works.

capefearless

Oct 4, 2010
Greensboro, NC
Capefearless, thanks for the response. I'm curious were you got that Test Kernel#2 fixed the issue? I'm not knocking / or being wiseguy, just curios if anyone was able to id the issue that causes the "in call reboot" as I still got that problem.

But again Cape I appreciate your response.

I never said it fixed the issue. I only experienced the issue one time and reported it here. Pawitp suggested that I try test kernel #2 and so I did. The issue has not presented again since then.
So, while my one time issue did not repeat after application, I'd hardly call this conclusive. Just my limited experience.

Sorry if I was misleading or unclear in my earlier post.

EDIT: Actually it was Three of Nine that suggested I try the Kernel and helpfully pointed me to it much as he did in the post below...

Last edited:
Reactions: nyciz

ThreeofNine

Jan 31, 2011
Maryland
Capefearless, thanks for the response. I'm curious were you got that Test Kernel#2 fixed the issue? I'm not knocking / or being wiseguy, just curios if anyone was able to id the issue that causes the "in call reboot" as I still got that problem.

But again Cape I appreciate your response.

The test kernel#2 is in post # 5750.

Reactions: nyciz

capefearless

Oct 4, 2010
Greensboro, NC
box.net 50Gb Storage

Off Topic and unrelated to the ROM, but a Public Service announcement...

Box.net is offering free 50GB cloud storage for life if you sign up from your android. DL the app, sign up with a new email address and upon completion it gives you a message that you now have 50Gb. Normally it is only 5Gb so this is a heck of a freebie.

Not sure how long it lasts so go get it. By the way, it is just "Box" on the Market.

Sorry for the off topic post but thought some of you could benefit.

Last edited:

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
Off Topic and unrelated to the ROM, but a Public Service announcement...

Box.net is offering free 50GB cloud storage for life if you sign up from your android. DL the app, sign up with a new email address and upon completion it gives you a message that you now have 50Gb. Normally it is only 5Gb so this is a heck of a freebie.

Not sure how long it lasts so go get it. By the way, it is just "Box" on the Market.

Sorry for the off topic post but thought some of you could benefit.

downloading....thnx brah!

Sent from my A100 using xda premium

derek21

Apr 14, 2009
After having the shutdown issues(after charging and when phone was idle for long periods of time) when I flashed Build 16, I flashed back to stock, did a complete wipe and reflashed Build 16. I am happy to say I have not had a problem since. I also do not have any force closes with the gapps and I'm using Chrome without any issues.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

Teamhacksung has been porting ICS (to be CM9) for the Galaxy S and Captivate we feel that it has reached a state where it would benefit from public testing. However this is still a very early versions and there will be bugs. Bug reports are allowed in this thread only. Please check the known issues section before reporting a bug. The most minor bugs are welcomed (we'd love to know them, but we may not fix them instantly).

Download
    ROM: BUILD 17: tux-head.net / faramir.eriador.org / ics.haxer.org (md5: bcf40f901b2ae6d758b40ac8d43163c2)
    Google Apps: Download from ROM Manager. (Or http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-ics-20120213-signed.zip)
    Google Apps Fixer: MultiUpload / tux-head.net / faramir.eriador.org (md5: af8bcaf5f8158e8e1be7097fc86b6b28)
    Google Apps Fixer will fix your problem with not being able to add Google Account or Calendar Sync, but will also reset your Google Apps data. Only flash if you're having problems. If Google Apps Fixer does not work for you, do a factory reset from CWM (or Android Settings) and do not restore system data via TitaniumBackup.

Older Downloads

ROM
    ROM: BUILD 16: haxer.org / eriador.org (md5: 4bcccf2f665988ab5bd40fa88b0f7621)
    ROM: BUILD 15: Mediafire / haxer.org / eriador.org (md5: 7d1fbe508999cab6af5b831955a19a17)
    ROM BUILD 14: faramir.eriador.org / tux-head.net (md5: 4ee4fd346b9f7ba22663ecc4a8ceb336)
    ROM BUILD 13: faramir.eriador.org / tux-head.net (md5: 803f2612d272a1420362d3faddbb0327)
    ROM BUILD 12: faramir.eriador.org / tux-head.net (md5: 9eb4952a7434bf6fc961edbdc8769062)
    ROM BUILD 11: faramir.eriador.org / tux-head.net (md5: 64271bde12dc64b7c9ea316b7b4be86a)
    ROM BUILD 10: faramir.eriador.org / tux-head.net (md5: 4ada7a9349da509f8a4936fb3d9ccb9a)
    ROM BUILD 9: faramir.eriador.org / tux-head.net (md5: ad1b821950fa875e301a0fa7a177fd1f)
    ROM BUILD 8: faramir.eriador.org / tux-head.net (md5: 119cc76944b938aeca47a2d9ffd142c9)
    ROM BUILD 7.1: faramir.eriador.org / tux-head.net (md5: 491f0ae9324d20d4c4ef8cb7b6536219)
    ROM BUILD 6: faramir.eriador.org / MultiUpload / tux-head.net (md5: 2fec3022f673af490f6c9535a677eaa5)
    ROM BUILD 5: Multiupload / tux-head.net (md5: 0e8b66f9cdcbd58a5d0d6aa193af4edb)
    ROM: BUILD 4: (Skipped on Captivate out of laziness)
    ROM: BUILD 3: http://www.multiupload.com/L58EA8TWIC (md5: ecbe29d46af07b6030bb357aae87a11b)
    ROM: BUILD 2: http://www.multiupload.com/Y26U8XXEXV

Google Apps
    v7.1: MultiUpload / tux-head.net / faramir.eriador.org (md5: 8bf66137f18de45657f29c129a8f4d52)
    v7: MultiUpload / tux-head.net / faramir.eriador.org (md5: 1888fbb15f36a076cb3908acaf1bd15a)
    v6: MultiUpload / tux-head.net / faramir.eriador.org (md5: 6f51ded731d173c31b8c47395ca580b7)
    v5.3: MultiUpload / tux-head.net / faramir.eriador.org (md5: e7d69d98a633b646e4f14e6a43208e66)
    v5.1: MultiUpload / tux-head.net (thanks! Kaik541) (md5: 87415730a1db2e90d3588bc895f239e5)
    v5: MultiUpload (thanks! Kaik541) (md5: 8667c9ddca581a98867fc02db29a2326)
    v4: MultiUpload (thanks! Kaik541) (No longer include apps downloadable from Market.) (md5: 8b2dad009bc2f8724d27f78bca162495)
    v3: internal
    v2: MultiUpload (thanks! koush)
    v1: MultiUpload (thanks! koush)

- First time flashing ICS to your Captivate (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
    2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    3. Do a Nandroid backup!
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    6. Optionally install the Google Addon
    - Upgrading from CM7?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    3. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    4. Optionally install the Google Addon
    - Coming from another ICS build?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Optionally install the Google Addon
    4. Reboot into recovery and WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. If radio doesn't work, go back to Samsung ROM and flash from there.
    - Upgrading from another build of ICS by teamhacksung?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Optionally install the Google Addon
    Note: The upgrade process from CM7 to ICS is automatic, but downgrading from ICS to CM7 (or restoring Nandroid) requires flashing twice. Once from ICS and again from CM7's recovery.

Source

Kernel Source: https://github.com/teamhacksung/samsung-kernel-aries
    Userspace Source: Patches are being integrated into CM's mainline tree. Device tree are available on teamhacksung's github, but may not be buildable. No support for the source code, do not post that you are not able to build it.

Known Issues
    • Camera does not support scene modes
    • Phone unnecessarily gets data connection on device encryption password enter screen.
    • Cannot format external SD *
    • Android OS battery usage display higher than normal.
    • Sometime wrong SMS selected for forwarding
    • Format internal instead of external SD when requested to format ext. SD
    • Transfer speed slows down when screen off
    • Screenshot shutter sound
    • TV Out using HW-decoding (probably won't be fixed)
    • Sim Toolkit (probably won't be fixed)
    • No camera focus mode setting
    • Compass doesn't work in Google Maps v6
    • Unable to dial "0001" in some regions
    • Slow USB transfer speed for some people
    • Camera still photos problem after recording video
    • Note: there are a lot of new options in Settings, but many of them are not implemented yet. DO NOT REPORT THEM AS BUGS. Additionally, some users has reported boot failure after disabling boot animation.
    • Empty wifi icon when using juice defender / sometimes on boot
    • Unused bottom bar in landscape dialer
    Fixed Issues

BUILD 17
    • Top of widget selection selector says "Select screen lock" (Upstream fix)
    • Chrome not working
    • Various other upstream fixes
    BUILD 16
    • Regression in BUILD 15: Superuser application crashes
    • Regression in BUILD 15: Data Roaming enabled by default
    • Back camera does not record geotagging
    • Camera crashes when changing resolution
    • New: WM8994 Extensions (aka "Voodoo Sound") is now configurable from DSP Manager
    BUILD 15
    • Duplicate entries in MediaScanner (will only prevent new duplicates, need to clear data to get rid of old duplicates)
    • Regression in BUILD 14: Screen flicker while turning off
    • Regression in BUILD 14: adb turns off every reboot
    • Mute-unmute needed on some calls (hopefully)
    • Notification power widget uncustomizable (now integrated into Settings)
    • Reboot into recovery on crash (it will still reboot, just not into recovery)
    • Unreliable Wi-Fi on screen off (hopefully)
    BUILD 14
    • Laggy video recording in low light
    • "sin" does not work in calculator in Spanish
    • Laggy playback of some video in .mkv container (same video works in the .mp4 container) (Recommendation: Dice Player from market. Does its own mkv extraction and has hw decoding support)
    • New Feature: Gamma tuning (equivalent to Voodoo Color's "v1 gamma hack")
    BUILD 13
    • 720p Video Recording laggy
    • No camera zoom
    • Timelapse video recording crashes
    • TV Out broken on sleep
    • TV Out black video
    • Broken encryption (regression in BUILD 11) (WARNING: users with already encrypted phone will have their data cleared (for real this time))
    BUILD 12
    • Compass, accelerometer broken in certain apps
    • Random force closes (hopefully)
    • Missing camera touch to focus (thanks to havlenapetr)
    • GPS does not work (regression in BUILD 11)
    • Off-charging does not show progress
    • /datadata cache not cleared when space is low
    • Slow mass storage transfer speed
    • Automatic brightness not working
    GApps v7.1
    • Network location broken
    GApps v7
    • Market purchase broken
    BUILD 11
    • Encryption not working without a data wipe (WARNING: users with already encrypted phone will have their data cleared)
    • Cannot authenticate new apps for root
    • Data sometimes get disabled on boot
    GApps v6 / Face Unlock v6
    • Updated: based on IML74K
    • Face Unlock not working on BUILD 10+
    BUILD 10
    • No hardware composition (but hardware acceleration works)
    • Video recording does not work.
    • Video playback is not hardware-accelerated.
    • Photo taking does not work with the front camera.
    • Some camera options FC. (The camera is a temporary hack, when the Nexus S ICS source is released, there will be a proper fix.)
    • Movie Studio does not work.
    • WiFi automatically turns on after quitting airplane mode if WiFi was used during airplane mode.
    • Data Roaming is enabled by default
    • Can select widget on launcher without being on the widget screen *
    GApps v5.3
    • Updated: Market apk
    • Removed: unneeded GoogleLatinIME
    BUILD 9
    • WPA Wifi Tethering broken (regression in BUILD 8)
    • Audio recording by android app crashes (phone calls still work) (regression in BUILD 8)
    • Phone crashes in landscape with T9 enabled
    • Reboot to recovery by default even though recovery not selected.
    • Slow T9 speed
    • CPU rarely scaling up to 1000 MHz
    • GMail sometimes fills up /datadata with attachments
    BUILD 8
    • USB Tethering on Windows requires the user go to to driver update and manually select the RNDIS driver.
    • Sketchy wifi tether (breaks if data connection comes up while tether is active) (it will still error, but you can now re-enable it)
    • Mounting external SD via USB broke in BUILD 7
    • Cannot accept many file types via bluetooth
    • Data activity icon sometimes gets stuck even data is off.
    • New feature: T9 Dialing by devatwork (Enable in Dialer Setting)
    BUILD 7
    • Cannot encrypt phone after restoring data.
    • Wi-Fi problems for Iran users
    • Market download temporarily goes to /datadata
    • Support for TV Out (in Galaxy S Setting application)
    • Screen appearing for a split second after screen off animation
    BUILD 6
    • Persistent "Removed SD card" message on external sd card removal.
    • Missing library for Android Open Accessory
    • Support for USB Mass Storage (see FAQ)
    BUILD 5
    • VPN does not work
    • Regression in device encryption
    BUILD 4
    • Large photos cannot be edited.
    • Missing Live Wallpapers
    • Bluetooth Reverse Tether does not work
    • Wi-Fi Direct not supported (it's supported in settings now, but apps are needed to use it as ICS does not come with any use-case for Wi-Fi direct)
    • Sometimes wifi strength won't show after boot if wifi is enabled. Toggle once to fix. (fixed, hopefully)
    GApps v5.1
    • GApps: Missing TTS libs
    GApps v5
    • GApps: Missing Picasa Sync
    • GApps: Unable to purchase apps
    Build 3
    • Device encryption does not work. (Note: temporarily broken again in BUILD 4, works on BUILD 5)
    • User does not have write permission for external sd
    • A2DP bluetooth headsets do not work.
    GApps v4
    • GApps: More missing libs for GoogleTTS
    Build 2
    • Superuser.apk does not open.
    • Installer does not work on Samsung ROMs.
    • Factory reset (from settings menu) does not clear /datadata.
    GApps v2
    • GApps: Missing voice chat, maps, text-to-speech libraries
    • GApps: Android Keyboard appears twice in Settings.
    Frequently Asked Questions

My calendar sync isn't working!
    Install the latest build and gapps and gapps fixer. If it still doesn't work, wipe your data.

App X isn't working!
    Check the list at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1402210 (unaffiliated with teamhacksung) first and check if it works on other ICS phones. Most likely, it's the application's problem, not ours.

Can I mount the phone as mass storage via USB?
    Starting from BUILD12, mass storage is the default configuration (might not apply to existing installations). The below command can be used to change into USB Mass Storage mode. USB Mass Storage mode is always used in recovery.
    Code:
    setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage,adb
    If you want to switch to MTP mode use
    Code:
    setprop persist.sys.usb.config mtp,adb
    Please reboot after executing the command.

I can't adb into the phone!
    Please install Nexus S drivers from Google. (Or Galaxy Nexus's driver in MTP mode)

Can I flash other modems?
    You may flash modem packages designed for CM7.

How do I take a screenshot?
    The screenshot taking function is built into ICS. Hold volume down + power.

Can I use CM7 kernels?
    No, the kernel has modifications to make graphics, camera, data counter and data limit work.

Can I disable LED Notification?
    Yes. Untick Settings -> Display -> Pulse notification light.

Maps keeps asking me to sign in even though I'm signed in!
    Ignore the sign in dialog and pull down the notification menu. Answer the request for permission. Do this a few times and Maps will work.

How do I enter Captivate Settings (Device Settings)?
    Type "am start com.cyanogenmod.AriesParts/.AriesParts" from adb. Or starting from BUILD 7, it is available as an icon in your launcher.

How do I enter service mode?
    Type "*#*#197328640#*#*" into the dialer.

Is there a Vibrant version?
    We currently lack a developer/maintainer for Vibrant.

What's working? Why is there only a list of issues?
    Everything else not listed are supposed to be working (aside from the usual CM7 bugs). If they're not listed, please post so that they can be added to the list of issues. A list of issues is far more useful from a development standpoint.

Why am I getting notified that my data partition is getting full when I have 1+ GB free?
    Your /datadata partition, a smaller partition, is getting full.

IRC?
    #cmsgs on freenode

Q&A Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1367586

Also, there is an additional FAQ by XDA forum user everest.deth that might be useful if your question isn't answered above.

Thanks

syndtr: Updated touch and graphics driver
    onecosmic: Being the first to successfully build the AOSP tree
    Kaik541: Making GApps from v3 onward
    ancdix: For hosting on tux-head.net
    nikademus (_renaud_): For hosting on faramir.eriador.org
    CyanogenMod team: Setting up the infrastructure and being a great help in the porting process.
    and everyone else involved in this port or CM7 for SGS.[/QUOTE]
    to everyone who has been participating in this back-and-forth, late-night *****fest. Cut it out.

it's not entertaining, it's not enlightening, and no one is gaining anything from it. we at teamhacksung look at our battery life and notice we're still not having trouble making it through a day even when Andriod OS is showing up as high as 40-50% sometimes, so we ran under the assumption that it was just lumping "everything else" into this category since that would sorta make sense. the alternative to this is that something actually is draining the battery to this and if the fix is actually there in 4.0.4 source once it's released, hey, maybe we can all expect to double our battery lives.

of the two options above, which seems more logical for us to pass on to the user? to tell them "maybe the phone is just being silly" or "maybe google screwed up and it'll all be better in a few days"? by placing blame on anyone or anything, we're implying there's the possibility that it even is broken and since we're not sure what's causing it, we go with the slightly safer option because the other seems remarkable implausable (if I start getting 48 hours out of my captivate with my usage without problems, I will be beyond impressed with google).

Not to burst your bubble but your screen on time is terrible...

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

as for you... who the hell are you? why do you go on like you're king of this thread and forum? I know every member of teamhacksung, yet your name remains an enigma to me. I've seen you before on the forums, yet I don't feel like you have any access to our internal discussions, so I'm not sure why you're going around white-knighting your way through this thread. we don't need you to rescue us, especially not with your current attitude. you're a test for glitch kernel? congratulations, it shows you listen to exactly ZERO PERCENT of what we tell people using this ROM. if anything, I'm going to mentally place you below the average complainers of this ROM because you just decided to up and ignore our opinions. yet you somehow think that when you spout yours, everyone should take your word as gold and take it for granted that your voice is the most informed amongst the pack.

TL;DR - everyone stop complaining, hopefully the Android OS bug will be something fixable (and we can dream it'll make our battery lives better too), and everyone stop pretending to be the all-knowing-everything I've seen run through this thread more than once. there's a reason most of us don't frequent the forums much anymore.
    Read This

I see that a few questions keep being reposted at least every 2 pages or so. So here are a few answers:

1. Will face unlock work on our captivates?
    A = No, it will not work. We do not have a FFC, and hacking it to work with the rear facing camera is less than practical.

1.1 But The OP has a separate .zip we can flash to make it work.
    A= Yes, the .zip is there, but remember that this is a project from Team Hacksung, and they are working on different Galaxy S models. Most likely the OP is being copied and pasted to make things a bit easier. Nevertheless, the .zip will not work unless you have a front facing camera.

2. Can I use this as my daily driver?
    A = It depends on the type of use you give to the phone. The one thing I can definitely encourage you to do is to take it for a spin, most things work, and what works, works very well.

3. What do I need to do if coming from Froyo, or GB, or Eclair, or Donut? I'm already rooted and all else!
    A = My only recommendation - to avoid any issues: Do a clean install of CM7, and then upgrade to this - ICS.

4. Can I use this on a Rogers Captivate?
    A = Yes, yes you can.

5. While flashing through CWM, I get an error: "assert failed:.... Installation aborted". What do I do?
    A = You are most likely coming from a ROM not based on the Captivate (read: an I9000 ROM for example). As per the OP, one click your behind to Stock, then install CM7, and then flash this. Believe me, it worked for many! (Including myself)

6. After flashing through CWM, I get a message "offset x*xx". What is this?
    A = This is a security feature in Ice Cream Sandwich. Read about it here :

7. I'm thinking about flashing different modems, anyone knows of working modems out there for this?
    A = Yes, most CM7 modems will work for you, and I've read some pretty awesome-sauce stories about JK4.

8. I see heavy usage from the Android OS on my battery stats, is this is a bug?
    A = "It seems to be holding a wakelock when the phone is on anyway. So only the battery stat for it is higher, not the battery consumption." Patwip

9. My External SD card media is not being read, what do i do?
    A = Give it a while, if it is your first boot with it then it will take it's time. You can reboot to speed the process up.

10. My phone says it's running low on space, what do I do? (Fixed)
    A = There are a couple of reasons this may be reason. Most common one is that your /datadata is getting packed, use a diskutility to find out what is taking so much space in there. Some others have reported that wiping cache from recovery clears the message - this users are receiving the error particularly after batch restoring with Titanium.

Note: Somehow a lot of applications were being installed in the /datadata partition by default, this was fixed on build 8 *i think*. And also, Gmail was saving the attachments to that partition, making it fill up even faster, this was fixed in build 9.

11. Is anybody else having issues with audio recording? (using stock sound recording app, shazam, or any other app like that)
    A = This is supposed to be working normally as of build 9; However, if you are still having issues, or are on a previous build use This audio Fix

12. Why is Facebook sync not working?
    A =
    Facebook used an API, which Google had to explicitly allow, which allowed them to sync contacts without sharing them with other applications. Google now has decided to block that API, so Facebook now has to use the standard API. Whether they will do that or not is up to them.

Note: There are other alternatives to syncing facebook contacts: a) This "Facebook Sync stuff" b) Try Friendcaster , I recommend the paid version, I use it :)

12. My RAM gets low too often, What I am doing wrong? Is this a bug? My phone is lagging because of it :mad:
    A = Yes, it goes low more often than on CM7 per say. No, you are not doing anything wrong, nor is this a bug. Think about it like this, "In Android, processes and Applications are two different things. An app can stay "running" in the background without any processes eating up your phone's resources." " On Android, having your RAM nearly full is a good thing. It means that when you relaunch an app you've previously opened, the app launches quickly and returns to its previous state."

Note: Sometimes, killing apps will help, but if that happens...most of times it means that the app you killed was poorly coded, and therefore it was contiously using your CPU (note how i say CPU, and not RAM?). Read more about this discussion on Lifehacker

13. Why do I have to manually enable data after every reboot? (Build 10)
    A = You don't have to, flash this instead.

14. I think I just lost root access after flashing build 10, what can I do?
    A = Try updating to the latest binaries.

There will be other small bugs like wi-fi not connecting, or your things not syncing. For this minor things, reboot. Reboots are a magical cure, besides, Wi-Fi is working for all of us, so if it isn't working for you..that makes you an isolated sad panda.

Good read guys!.
    I wonder if you could just flash the i9000 version then flash one of our kernels.

if pawitp doesn't hit captivate today, I'll make a build for us tonight. I finally have my captivate back so I can test to make sure it works before sending it out.