Tablet Mode Mod --Q & A-- !!!!!!

Search This thread

BlkSquad

Aug 13, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Or if you'd like to try your hand at theming it you can pull the SystemUI.apk from /system/app and use 7zip to extract it. Make the edits you want and then put them into the .apk file with 7zip. *easy*

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
I'll do it as soon as today's update gets posted.

Thanks

Table mode is just very natural for the Note. The on screen buttons are great to use with the SPen. The new widgets are fun.

The real question is what do you lose by trying it? Nothing as you can always just bring back your nan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

E_engineer

Mar 31, 2012
Houston
Table mode is just very natural for the Note. The on screen buttons are great to use with the SPen. The new widgets are fun.

The real question is what do you lose by trying it? Nothing as you can always just bring back your nan.

itsjusttim are there any widgets in particular that you recommend?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

GTTG_Atomik

May 9, 2006

DesignGrits

Apr 10, 2011
Seattle
So I have been playing around with the mod on seraphin rom and Nova and I am having one problem...I changed the DPI to 170 and everything on my phone has gotten smaller like I like it accept the app icons.....Does any no hope to make the icons smaller. Also I have seen some pics people are posting with small icons and then even smaller icons grouped up.

twack

Mar 8, 2012
Granite Bay
Prolly been asked b4, but I could not find explicit Q or A, so sorry if a repeat.

I have:

Odin 1 button ICS
Nova
CWM

So when DAGr8 drops the update, what are the steps in CWM I should follow to get it installed? (<Noob) And what other tweaks to get maximum enjoyment for tab' mode?

E_engineer

Mar 31, 2012
Houston
I would think you just go into CWM and flash it like any of his other updates, don't hold me to that. He will say what to do when he releases it.

KodeRiter722

Mar 6, 2011
Boston, MA
Prolly been asked b4, but I could not find explicit Q or A, so sorry if a repeat.

I have:

Odin 1 button ICS
Nova
CWM

So when DAGr8 drops the update, what are the steps in CWM I should follow to get it installed? (<Noob) And what other tweaks to get maximum enjoyment for tab' mode?

First, make sure you have a nandroid backup, in case the mod is not compatible with your rom.

Then, all you have to do is download and flash the zip in cwm. no wipe necessary (if that doesn't change with the update).

As far as tweaks, you probably want to use Nova launcher, since apex doesn't seem to get along with this mod yet. Anything else is just personal preference. Be sure to check out all your apps to see them in all their tablet UI glory.

Finally, once you see how awesome it is, go and thank the dev for allowing you to enjoy the fruits of their labor...

Reactions: twack

CBaSS736

Feb 28, 2011
On the link below on the second picture from the top you can see how they clustered 4 small icons together. Is that a third party application or is it something that can be enabled on tablet mode somewhere?

Nexus: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1543892

This can be enabled in the launcher settings. For Apex go to folder settings -> Folder Preview, change to Grid -> then remove the folder background.

Here is my current setup.

Attachments

• export_04.jpg
    export_04.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

twack

Mar 8, 2012
Granite Bay
First, make sure you have a nandroid backup, in case the mod is not compatible with your rom.

Then, all you have to do is download and flash the zip in cwm. no wipe necessary (if that doesn't change with the update).

As far as tweaks, you probably want to use Nova launcher, since apex doesn't seem to get along with this mod yet. Anything else is just personal preference. Be sure to check out all your apps to see them in all their tablet UI glory.

Finally, once you see how awesome it is, go and thank the dev for allowing you to enjoy the fruits of their labor...

1. Did the nandroid this morning. Copy on ext card and pc

2. "Flash the zip" is the same as "install from zip", correct?

3. Nova is already on.

4. Tweak as I go, Okay...

5. Thanks and/or donate readied :)

Thanks for u 2!

DesignGrits

Apr 10, 2011
Seattle
Factory reset, wipe cache...flash....fix permissions, reboot.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Anyone else having issues uninstalling applications?

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

I can't even find dropbox in the market.... is there a fix for the market application? I have deadspace installed but I can't open it and can't uninstall it or install it. Anyone else having this issue?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    More fix Comin tomorrow

I know he made the Mod for his Alpha ICS Rom, BUT it seems to work on most ICS builds so i am making its own Q&A thread so we can stay out of Noteworthy/Seraphim/Dags thread with questions strictly about this Mod.

so this will be for GENERAL QUESTIONS on this Mod from member to member.....what dpi are you running, are you having issues on a certain Rom, things you would like to tell others about your experiance with this Mod running on your phone.

Have at it Yall!!!!!

on my part i love the Mod, im on seraphim and have had NO ISSUES :D
    Fixing Contacts Force Close

A lot of posts about problems with People or Phone force closing every time they try opening them. I had the same issue and this cleared it up for me.
    Goto:
    Settings>Applications>All> scroll down to logsprovider and select it. Select Clear Data from the next screen, then reboot your phone.

Worked for me, but I can't post this in the big boy forum due to post count. Credit DAGr8 for the solution in the dev thread post #3133. Anyways, hope this helps someone.
    On the link below on the second picture from the top you can see how they clustered 4 small icons together. Is that a third party application or is it something that can be enabled on tablet mode somewhere?

Nexus: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1543892

This can be enabled in the launcher settings. For Apex go to folder settings -> Folder Preview, change to Grid -> then remove the folder background.

Here is my current setup.
    can you switch back to phone mode after flashing the tablet MOD?