spavlin

Dec 26, 2006
I connected the USB JIG, 620K ohm to ATIV S, and here's what happened:
DSCF4587.JPGDSCF4586.JPG
allresistorvalues.jpg

Last edited:

jessenic

Sep 9, 2010
OMG, I tried the jig I had for Omnia 7 (edit: ah, it was 300k), but I guess I did not have the right resistance or I did not hit the right pins.

Last edited:

-W_O_L_F-

Jul 10, 2010
Moscow
Looks like...
Methods of Unlock
Samsung 3:0 Any other OEM

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

View attachment 2347771View attachment 2347772
View attachment 2347773
View attachment 2347781
Inside found an interesting thing:
Code:
        <Setting Name="ProductString" Value="RM-910|Nokia Lumia 925"/>
      </SettingsGroup>
    </Component>
    <Component ComponentName="Device Info">
      <SettingsGroup>
        <Setting Name="Phone ROM Language" Value="0804"/>
        <Setting Name="Phone Hardware Revision" Value="1.0.0.0"/>
        <Setting Name="Phone SOC Version" Value="8260A"/>
        <Setting Name="Phone Mobile Operator Name" Value="UNI-CN"/>
        <Setting Name="Phone Manufacturer Model Name" Value="RM-910_apac_prc_200"/>
        <Setting Name="Phone Model Name" Value="Nokia 925"/>
        <Setting Name="Phone OEM Support Link" Value="http://link.nokia.com/support"/>
        <Setting Name="Phone Manufacturer" Value="NOKIA"/>
Samsuck just copy'n'pasted most of the code. Its FW is full of such files.

Reactions: djadry

spavlin

Dec 26, 2006
Excuse me wrong, before unpacking the rom from the Lumia 925, that turned out pad.

compu829

Nov 5, 2006
I wonder if I picked up a cheap Lumia 521 and hooked it up to a pot, if I could figure something out? What lines need to be connected together? (one data line and ground, both data lines, etc)

Those values actually map out exactly to some of the Samsung Android Devices. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=820275 has a complete list of all the resistor values.

Last edited:

gigsaw

Jun 22, 2010
Looks like...
Methods of Unlock

Yeah but what kind of unlock could it be, in your opinion? Bootloader/full-unlock or just another way to achieve interop-unlock?

P.S. silly question: if samsung simply made copy+paste of some code of lumia phones..does it mean that in future there's the possibility to port specific lumia features (glance & co.) on ativ s?

-W_O_L_F-

Jul 10, 2010
Moscow
Yeah but what kind of unlock could it be, in your opinion? Bootloader/full-unlock or just another way to achieve interop-unlock?

P.S. silly question: if samsung simply made copy+paste of some code of lumia phones..does it mean that in future there's the possibility to port specific lumia features (glance & co.) on ativ s?
With current unlock we have access to 3 partitions only: MainOS, Data and MMOS. So, we can't do anything to Secure Boot now. UEFI and UEFI_ESP are still hidden.

Reactions: gigsaw

gigsaw

Jun 22, 2010
It was mistake. Factory Mode doesn't load phone into Mass Storage mode.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I can't believe it xD so I suppose (and it's only a supposition, don't fire me if I'm totally wrong, please) that a factory mode needs a specific program to manage with it and with specific "prolific drivers"..I was thinking at something like phoenix for nokia phones..

WojtasXda

Jan 19, 2009
PRG
QPST can connect to phone in FTM mode ;) In this mode you can for example edit radio settings and others... :)

thals1992

Sep 26, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
www.uidnation.com
QPST can connect to phone in FTM mode ;) In this mode you can for example edit radio settings and others... :)

Can we enable 4g on Ariv S??
Settings don't persist (I haven't tried FTM mode yet, but I have with QC Serial and RMNet modes), on the Odyssey. You could potentially enable another band using QPST, but I can never get it to remember settings after hitting apply. The phone just reboots and acts like nothing ever happened. :(

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
no you can't because the Hardware is missing.
there are actually 2 types.

one that has 3G without a fm Radio
one that has 4G with fm Radio

the modem is simply missing in the ativ s

Probably but I did see somewhere whilst poking about a reference to having two radios, trad GPRS/HSPA Only uses one radio which is why calls and data don't work at the same time, its probably a setting or reference that has come across the two skus but the only way to know for sure would be to pull the PCB out and look...

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

Just checked, it is a single radio, so defo not gonna happen

Sent from my arc 10HD using xda app-developers app

Reactions: ceesheim

jessenic

Sep 9, 2010
Sorry for bringing up such an old thread, but just FYI for anyone who is going to try this in the future: don't! Unless you have nothing to loose. I got into the Factory Mode with my MacGyver resistor (piece of paper, 2 paper clips and a pencil), but when I rebooted the phone to exit Factory Mode it did not boot. It was stuck in Windows Boot Manager complaining about unsigned files. Nothing a ROM flash could not fix, but I had a lot of stuff I lost (by stuff I mean interop unlock etc) that I need to do again.

Attachments

• WP_000011.jpg
    WP_000011.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 2,949
  • WP_000014.jpg
    WP_000014.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 211

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DSCF4587.JPGDSCF4586.JPG
    allresistorvalues.jpg
    Looks like...
    Methods of Unlock

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

View attachment 2347771View attachment 2347772
    View attachment 2347773
    View attachment 2347781
    Inside found an interesting thing:
    Code:
            <Setting Name="ProductString" Value="RM-910|Nokia Lumia 925"/>
          </SettingsGroup>
        </Component>
        <Component ComponentName="Device Info">
          <SettingsGroup>
            <Setting Name="Phone ROM Language" Value="0804"/>
            <Setting Name="Phone Hardware Revision" Value="1.0.0.0"/>
            <Setting Name="Phone SOC Version" Value="8260A"/>
            <Setting Name="Phone Mobile Operator Name" Value="UNI-CN"/>
            <Setting Name="Phone Manufacturer Model Name" Value="RM-910_apac_prc_200"/>
            <Setting Name="Phone Model Name" Value="Nokia 925"/>
            <Setting Name="Phone OEM Support Link" Value="http://link.nokia.com/support"/>
            <Setting Name="Phone Manufacturer" Value="NOKIA"/>
    Samsuck just copy'n'pasted most of the code. Its FW is full of such files.

With current unlock we have access to 3 partitions only: MainOS, Data and MMOS. So, we can't do anything to Secure Boot now. UEFI and UEFI_ESP are still hidden.
    no you can't because the Hardware is missing.
    there are actually 2 types.

one that has 3G without a fm Radio
    one that has 4G with fm Radio

the modem is simply missing in the ativ s

Probably but I did see somewhere whilst poking about a reference to having two radios, trad GPRS/HSPA Only uses one radio which is why calls and data don't work at the same time, its probably a setting or reference that has come across the two skus but the only way to know for sure would be to pull the PCB out and look...

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

Just checked, it is a single radio, so defo not gonna happen

Sent from my arc 10HD using xda app-developers app