[Q] HTC Desire 816 - SOLVED.

Search This thread

emompong

Jan 25, 2012
LUCENA CITY
Hello,

Please advise us as several HTC Desire 816 users wanted to use Xposed framework.
We can get root (not sure if full access) but we cannot install busybox that prevents us from using this awesome mod.

Can anyone clarify why? or any resolution? Thanks in advance. :highfive:

Last edited:

emompong

Jan 25, 2012
LUCENA CITY
Have you checked the FAQ?

Thank you, I have checked this, though im not sure if this will solve the problem. Gonna try it as well, install as normal APK?
My device is currently S-ON, cannot find how of though, or not sure if that's need in order to use the mod.

thank you buddy, if this will work, im sure many of my fellow users will use this :good:

emompong

Jan 25, 2012
LUCENA CITY
Read this. (@rovo89: S-On should be in the FAQ IMO.)

Thanks, Im new to this xposed module though, glad you spent time helping me. Hopefully it will work. backing up now.

UPDATE: @GermainZ
Installed the busy box binaries from your link, and tried to update/install the framework, rebooted. no luck.

Im confused about this line on "Use installation via recovery" from the original thread of xpose.

If app_process jumped back to an older version (or none at all), you probably have a ROM with S-On or similar, which reverts any changes to /system after a reboot. Use installation via recovery in such cases.

thanks in advance.

Last edited:

rovo89

Senior Recognized Developer
Jan 4, 2012
Read this. (@rovo89: S-On should be in the FAQ IMO.)

Well, Tungstwenty has implemented something in 2.6 that checks whether the app_process file has been reset to an older or unpatched version. If that's the case, there will be a warning in the installer tab, recommending to try installation via recovery... We thought that this kind of "information push" would reduce the number of questions about S-On...

emompong

Jan 25, 2012
LUCENA CITY
Well, Tungstwenty has implemented something in 2.6 that checks whether the app_process file has been reset to an older or unpatched version. If that's the case, there will be a warning in the installer tab, recommending to try installation via recovery... We thought that this kind of "information push" would reduce the number of questions about S-On...

Thank you. The solution I found was by installing "Busy Box on Rails" on playstore and yeah, by using the second option on the Xposed Installer, which is to flash zip via recovery. It did worked! :good::good:

Top Liked Posts