How to remove superuser app

Search This thread

droidx2.3.3

Jul 11, 2011
I upgraded to ics and lost root(which is fine for now) but how do i remove my super user app. I cant just uninstall from settings, apps. So is there something im missing? Thanks

Edit: mods, please fee free to move to the q&a section. Meant to post there.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: FHSPSU67

ilostmypistons

Jan 25, 2011
McHenry Il
Root explorer will get rid of SU
You have to delete from 3 places in the system section I just can't remember which 3. I did it on the TF101 and it works
Your dont need root to do it but you may need the paid version of Root Explorer

xxbeanxx

Sep 19, 2010
Conception Bay South
Depending on how you rooted, the superuser app is probably installed to /system. If this is the case then you can only remove it by doing a full root followed by an unroot.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

droidx2.3.3

Jul 11, 2011
Thanks for the help, but I've since re-rooted via viper mods tool. And actually just unlocked the bl.

Sent from my Droid X using xda premium

jmikeb92

Feb 23, 2012
Syracuse
I tried using the viperMod and I still couldnt get su permission, what is wrong. It is in the system files and I tried deleting them with the ROOT Explorer app stated above and nothing worked. What am I doing Wrong?

xxbeanxx

Sep 19, 2010
Conception Bay South
EDIT: sorry I didn't notice that jmikeb92 was not the OP. So this post probably makes no sense.
--
If I were you I'd root using mempodroid, install the su binary, then use a terminal shell to remove all traces of root (ie: superuser apk, busybox, su).

Another thing you can do is check the permissions on your su binary. Not sure where vipermod puts it, probably in /system/xbin. Check that it is setuid at least. If it is not, that's your problem. In this case gain root using mempodroid and setuid the sucker.

Last edited:

jmikeb92

Feb 23, 2012
Syracuse
EDIT: sorry I didn't notice that jmikeb92 was not the OP. So this post probably makes no sense.
--
If I were you I'd root using mempodroid, install the su binary, then use a terminal shell to remove all traces of root (ie: superuser apk, busybox, su).

Another thing you can do is check the permissions on your su binary. Not sure where vipermod puts it, probably in /system/xbin. Check that it is setuid at least. If it is not, that's your problem. In this case gain root using mempodroid and setuid the sucker.

I literally have no idea how to do the binary code stuff. Ind of a noob when it comes to that. Is it terribly difficult?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

xxbeanxx

Sep 19, 2010
Conception Bay South
I literally have no idea how to do the binary code stuff. Ind of a noob when it comes to that. Is it terribly difficult?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

No it is not difficult but you would need some knowledge of linux security. For example what setuid/setgid is, how to change file ownership, how to change file permissions.

There are lots of resources out there if you are interested in that sort of thing.

realessence

Apr 5, 2012
Hi,

I had this problem and spent hours before I could figure out how to remove Superuser.

Maybe you can try this method:
First, download Root Browser Lite from the market. It's like Root Explorer, but it's free and can work with both rooted and unrooted device. Then, open it and go to system>app. Inside the folder, delete the file 'Superuser.apk'. When it's done, power off to restart the phone.

If that doesn't work, you can do what I did. Search for Superuser in the market and try to uninstall from there. It may take a while. After that if the dead shortcut still appears in the app drawer, you can just reboot the phone and it'll be gone.

For those whose phones are rooted and have Titanium Backup, you can use that to delete the file, too.

Hope it helps.

jamesbondrdc

Aug 5, 2011
Apple iPhone 12
defy plus

hey.... i tried using all the methods given above but all of them failed on my defy plus ... i had root access but unknowingly updated to latest dfp231 .. now im stuck with it ... also cant unroot it or remove the superuser app.. n to start a new thread regarding rooting guidance the site doesnt allow me as im new user .. so is there any method to remove the superuser app from defy plus ????

jmikeb92

Feb 23, 2012
Syracuse
Hi,

I had this problem and spent hours before I could figure out how to remove Superuser.

Maybe you can try this method:
First, download Root Browser Lite from the market. It's like Root Explorer, but it's free and can work with both rooted and unrooted device. Then, open it and go to system>app. Inside the folder, delete the file 'Superuser.apk'. When it's done, power off to restart the phone.

If that doesn't work, you can do what I did. Search for Superuser in the market and try to uninstall from there. It may take a while. After that if the dead shortcut still appears in the app drawer, you can just reboot the phone and it'll be gone.

For those whose phones are rooted and have Titanium Backup, you can use that to delete the file, too.

Hope it helps.

I tried that method but it says failed to delete superuser.apk, same thing on root explorer

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

ivanov13

Mar 19, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9
open drawer, put your finger on the superuser app and hold for a few sec. After drawer goes away, keep on holding it. You will see "App Info" at the top of your screen. Move the superuser there and menu will pop up. Clear cash and disable the app. Now it should be gone.

I hope i helped you:)

Sorry if i made a mistake. English is my second language.

Reactions: Helron and Bibicp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    open drawer, put your finger on the superuser app and hold for a few sec. After drawer goes away, keep on holding it. You will see "App Info" at the top of your screen. Move the superuser there and menu will pop up. Clear cash and disable the app. Now it should be gone.

I hope i helped you:)

Sorry if i made a mistake. English is my second language.
    I upgraded to ics and lost root(which is fine for now) but how do i remove my super user app. I cant just uninstall from settings, apps. So is there something im missing? Thanks

Edit: mods, please fee free to move to the q&a section. Meant to post there.

i have application can ROOT & UNROOT all Android Tablets & smartphone.

i have test it in asus prime and its amazing.

download it from this link
    http://rom.anshouji.com/root/unlockroot23-eng.exe

if you need more information please visit this link.

http://www.unlockroot.com/unlockroot.php
    good luck.