[Q] Can you use WugsFresh toolkit to root any version of ICS on the nexus ?

Search This thread

runwithspoon

Mar 20, 2012
I was planning on unlocking the boot loader and waiting a while until I rooted it. I was just wondering, if I unlock and then do some system updates that push it past 4.0.1, can I use still Wugs or marks 5.5 toolkit to root my phone later on ?

Cheers !

spoon

Last edited:

RMarkwald

Aug 4, 2010
Middleton
I don't see why not.

I would learn the "manual" way of doing this with fastboot/adb commands as well. That way if/when an issue comes up, you'll have a plan B if this tool doesn't work for you.

jpinsl

May 1, 2008
I was planning on unlocking the boot loader and waiting a while until I rooted it. I was just wondering, if I unlock and then do some system updates that push it past 4.0.1, can I use still Wugs or marks 5.5 toolkit to root my phone later on ?

The latest version supports 4.0.4 ROM, so yes. [edit] But I had better luck using mcskip's toolkit as Wug's left it a partial root.

Last edited:

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk

Cheers !

spoon
You can use the GNex ToolKit to root any build on your phone and its always a good idea to unlock the bootloader early so yo udont have to wipe the phone after you have it all set up how you want.

Mark.

The_other_ray

Sep 7, 2010
I read that 4.0.5. might be coming out in April. I'm unlocked and rooted on 4.0.2. CDMA version. Will I be able to update without losing root?

And if I do lose root, can I use Wugs tool kit to root again?

I don't want to have to wipe my phone if I don't have to. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
I read that 4.0.5. might be coming out in April. I'm unlocked and rooted on 4.0.2. CDMA version. Will I be able to update without losing root?

And if I do lose root, can I use Wugs tool kit to root again?

I don't want to have to wipe my phone if I don't have to. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
When you update OTA then you will always lose root but as soon as any updates are released I will update the GNex ToolKit so Stock Roms can gain root access.

I can't comment on wugs root toolkit :)

Mark.