[APP] Snapdragon Batteryguru by Qualcomm

Search This thread
N

nygfan760

Yay for more battery drain. On top of normal usage, this app has kept my phone awake for an extra hour just from today. 3 days of learning? Looks like this thing will never kick into gear with Greenify doing all the work and more. Uninstalling lol.

Sent from my LG Optimus G

I second that. My battery is actually draining faster.

Neroga

Feb 7, 2012
Saint Cloud, Florida
If the app would actually shut down upon deep sleep and turn back on with screen on like Greenify does, then that problem would go away. Greenify puts set apps into hibernation shortly after screen off including itself.

Reactions: TangoXray

TangoXray

Dec 27, 2012
McAllen, TX
If the app would actually shut down upon deep sleep and turn back on with screen on like Greenify does, then that problem would go away. Greenify puts set apps into hibernation shortly after screen off including itself.

Lol so what your saying is, we should Really try Greenify?? :p

Sent from my Xoom using xda app-developers app

Nastybutler

Nov 18, 2012
Anchorage
I've been using Greenify since neroga first mentioned it and since then, my battery pretty much doesn't drop if I'm not using it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

T

tmease1

Yay for more battery drain. On top of normal usage, this app has kept my phone awake for an extra hour just from today. 3 days of learning? Looks like this thing will never kick into gear with Greenify doing all the work and more. Uninstalling lol.

Mine is still learning after the 3rd day as well. I'm not running greenify either. I will let it runs its course a few more days and see what happens.

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda premium

Last edited:

gregk232

Sep 2, 2009
Plano
Thanks for mentioning greenify, y'all.

Glad I started this thread now :)

Neroga

Feb 7, 2012
Saint Cloud, Florida
Lol so what your saying is, we should Really try Greenify?? :p

Sent from my Xoom using xda app-developers app

If you're willing to wait a few extra seconds for apps like Facebook to pull up. It fully shuts set apps down so they don't run in the background while the screen is off. Acts like you're starting it up for the first time lol. But the battery improvement is definitely noticeable.

--edit--

And just today the update for greenify disables itself upon deep sleep to further increase battery life. Why don't more apps similar to this do the same thing?!

Last edited:

TangoXray

Dec 27, 2012
McAllen, TX
If you're willing to wait a few extra seconds for apps like Facebook to pull up. It fully shuts set apps down so they don't run in the background while the screen is off. Acts like you're starting it up for the first time lol. But the battery improvement is definitely noticeable.

--edit--

And just today the update for greenify disables itself upon deep sleep to further increase battery life. Why don't more apps similar to this do the same thing?!

I've been using it for several days now. First full day, yesterday, I had msm_hsic_host wake locks extraordinarily bad. Hopefully, today I'll see something better.

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app

Neroga

Feb 7, 2012
Saint Cloud, Florida
I've been using it for several days now. First full day, yesterday, I had msm_hsic_host wake locks extraordinarily bad. Hopefully, today I'll see something better.

I'm not sure what msm_hsic_host is but I know it's unrelated to anything involving the Qualcomm app or Greenify. I used to have that problem on The Base but it cleared on Snow JB.

TangoXray

Dec 27, 2012
McAllen, TX
I've never had the issue with msm_hsic_host before. Today I'm getting constant sync. Phone hasn't gone into deep sleep since using Greenify. Gonna uninstall and see what happens.

stylin350

Jan 15, 2013
Yup, just like others the battery seems to be draining faster with this app. I've since uninstalled it and if people here say greenify is good, might have to give that a try instead.

tdnick

Feb 16, 2011
Knoxville
Also uninstalled. Thanks for letting us know though. Always worth a test

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

C2fifield

Mar 14, 2012
Before and after greenify... Yeah it works

equ2y7e8.jpg

EDIT: Works really well...

epezavaq.jpg

Sent from my Nexus G LTE

Last edited:

C2fifield

Mar 14, 2012
Not to rain on your parade but, that is still some pretty bad battery life.

Yeah pre - greenify it was horrific, the before and after is in the same shot, the steep slope was before I installed it, the gradual one afterwards. Its a change from about 5-10% an hour to 1-2% and I'm in a poor WiFi area (one bar disconnecting and reconnecting regularly)

Sent from my Nexus G LTE

Last edited:

Joecascio2000

Yeah pre - greenify it was horrific, the before and after is in the same shot, the steep slope was before I installed it, the gradual one afterwards. Its a change from about 5-10% an hour to 1-2% and I'm in a poor WiFi area (one bar disconnecting and reconnecting regularly)

Sent from my Nexus G LTE

Yeah poor wifi connection is a battery killer. This is my battery usage so far tonight.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361791137692.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361791137692.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 276
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361791149954.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361791149954.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 263
Reactions: WarEagleUS

C2fifield

Mar 14, 2012
Yeah poor wifi connection is a battery killer. This is my battery usage so far tonight.

Do you use Facebook either? I think that with spotty coverage are the big two, along with onscreen time. I don't think the nexus conversion is doing me too many favors on this front either...

Sent from my Nexus G LTE

drwario

Oct 19, 2010
After day 5 my savings have started! Ill check in later

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looks like Qualcomm has release an app to help with battery life for Snapdragon devices.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...uru-aims-to-extend-your-devices-battery-life/
    Is it not sad that the app is in learning mode for 2 days... aka has done nothing yet, but people are reviewing it??? If it does not turn off cpu cores when they hit idle the app is useless in my book.

Then don't use it.
    Is it not sad that the app is in learning mode for 2 days... aka has done nothing yet, but people are reviewing it??? If it does not turn off cpu cores when they hit idle the app is useless in my book.

Try Greenify. Basically the same thing but you can put any app into hibernation. I've noticed a huge increase in battery in just 24 hours as it seems apps like Maps and YouTube are constantly running in the background. Android System under battery usage is very minimal with Greenify disabling apps. Will shut off the background processes of your choice a little after you turn the screen off.

I've always felt like all the battery saving apps are just placebos. These are quad core powered, big ass screens with a lot of RAM. You can't really avoid draining battery unless it's in a deep sleep.

I actually prefer the battery life I get on this phone compared to phones I've had in the past.

____
    Sent from my LG Original Gangsta
    Before and after greenify... Yeah it works

equ2y7e8.jpg

EDIT: Works really well...

epezavaq.jpg

Sent from my Nexus G LTE