Battery at 14%

Search This thread

boondiordna

Jan 23, 2014
100 %

Just by the way, if interesting for anybody:
I had my FP1 stuck to 99% when charging it with a dedicated charger (which only delivers 850 mA, btw). Connecting it to a desktop computer, it charged to 100% (while downloading OSMand~ mapdata, so not exactly idle).

SnowTiss

Feb 14, 2013
I actually had this problem with another MTK device.

Solution:

- Remove the mtk debugger PATH from kernel rmdisk.
- Disable (=Off) the aeed service on default.prop

(I don't own this device)

But if it haves an unlocked boot loader, its rather simple to to it.

Regards ;)

hey,
well, it seems like the battery issue was not solved by the last fairphoneupdate v1.3, unfortunately.
so, probably i'm not the only one who has that anoying problem - still.
although i'm absolutely not familiar with coding android stuff, i'd like to tackle the problem with your proposed solution...
however, i have no glue where to find the rmdisk kernel, and the default.prop.
you said an unlocked boot loader is preliminary. i didn't follow all posts over the last weeks. so is it unlocked (it think it wasn't ?!); and are u willing to help ?! ;)
so long,
SnowTiss

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
hey,
well, it seems like the battery issue was not solved by the last fairphoneupdate v1.3, unfortunately.
so, probably i'm not the only one who has that anoying problem - still.
although i'm absolutely not familiar with coding android stuff, i'd like to tackle the problem with your proposed solution...
however, i have no glue where to find the rmdisk kernel, and the default.prop.
you said an unlocked boot loader is preliminary. i didn't follow all posts over the last weeks. so is it unlocked (it think it wasn't ?!); and are u willing to help ?! ;)
so long,
SnowTiss

Hi

Well its easy to check if you have an unlocked boot loader:
- if you have an custom recovery ( like CWM or TWRP) your boot loader is unlocked ( its not possible to flash an custom recovery on an locked bootloader)

If so, then send me your boot.IMG ( find it on your rom.zip) and I change that for you.

Regards

SnowTiss

Feb 14, 2013
Hi

Well its easy to check if you have an unlocked boot loader:
- if you have an custom recovery ( like CWM or TWRP) your boot loader is unlocked ( its not possible to flash an custom recovery on an locked bootloader)

If so, then send me your boot.IMG ( find it on your rom.zip) and I change that for you.

Regards

hey,
sry it took me so long.
anyways, neither did i install clockworkmod from #chrmhoffmann http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2615613 nor the other recovery project.
so seems like: now way.
however:
you mentioned besides CWM the TWRP https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jmz.soft.twrpmanager&hl=de. is it as easy as it pretends to be for installing with https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.s0up.goomanager?
maybe it isn't a wise question...but can install TWRP afterwards i setup the whole system without the necessity to reinstall the rom?
moreover, if, can i install the original rom afterwards (prob not..)? any objections why this shouldn't work?
i assume you know, but in case you don't...the phone is rooted.

thank you in advanced!
cheers
SnowTiss

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some Users are reporting that the Battery stays at 14% for a long time.

I had this issue too , until i waited till the Phone was down to 1% and switched off, ( this took ~6h with GPS active and Display on!!) since this time i did not notice this behaviour.
    Try to monitor the kernel's power level sensors, and see if they change. There are 3 possible issues: the hardware isn't measuring correctly, the kernel isn't outputting the correct values, or the system itself is bugged, and doesn't handle the kernel's values correctly.

That's all I can say for now, as I neither have the device myself' nor the sources, as I am being in the hospital right now, but maybe I can give some theoretical help ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    Some Users are reporting that the Battery stays at 14% for a long time.

I had this issue too , until i waited till the Phone was down to 1% and switched off, ( this took ~6h with GPS active and Display on!!) since this time i did not notice this behaviour.

+1 This issue has been part of my Fairphone experience since the beginning - and fully draining the charge like you described doesn't seem to help: Even after 20 complete discharges, it still gets stuck at 14% for hours, making a correct estimate how much battery I actually have left impossible. These three screenshots are all one week apart (Jan 17th, Jan 22nd & Jan 30th - click to enlarge):

↑ Reboot caused this glitch.

@drcyber, thanks for making a thread for this - I didn't know whether it was enough of an issue to do so myself :)

Repeating my question from the main thread (for the last time, don't worry): I am well aware that Joe & his crew might not be able to do/tell us anything about this, but maybe someone can shed a bit of light on this issue for me: Is this purely a hardware glitch of the battery itself? Do some sensors / parts of the measuring software need to calibrate themselves first? Is everyone experiencing this or just the few that have reported it here?
    I actually had this problem with another MTK device.

Solution:

- Remove the mtk debugger PATH from kernel rmdisk.
    - Disable (=Off) the aeed service on default.prop

(I don't own this device)

But if it haves an unlocked boot loader, its rather simple to to it.

Regards ;)