[Q] auto-install gapps on reboot?

Search This thread

lorenx

Nov 26, 2010
hi all.

i use to run old versions of my gmail and maps apps (i just like some legacy features) but recently i noticed they got updated in the background (not due to the play store, i disabled its auto update feature) and, if uninstalled, they even get restored to thier latest version after a reboot! :eek:
how can it be? could it be the latest google play services update? :rolleyes:

thanks a lot for any thought you wanna share ;)

djnoicatse

Jun 4, 2010
Toronto
Only way I see this happening is if the auto update feature in google play was enabled. But since you said you disabled it I'm clueless. I have my settings to not update and have never experienced an app updating on its own unless its updated on their end.

lorenx

Nov 26, 2010
Only way I see this happening is if the auto update feature in google play was enabled. But since you said you disabled it I'm clueless. I have my settings to not update and have never experienced an app updating on its own unless its updated on their end.

hi and thanks for your reply.

yeah, it seems this is just limited to google apps.
i can confirm it's not related to the play store setting. i also have other few play store apps i don't use to update and there isn't any issue with them.

i still have a feeling that it could be a new play services feature... :rolleyes: