WebOS 2.1 on Palm Pixi

Search This thread

brandonpry

Aug 4, 2010
Found this over on the precentral.net forums. apparently a dude in vietnam that order one off ebay got shipped a testing unit and it has 2.1 on it, pictures avaible on the site. Their trying to docter it to go onto others right as we speek:D

Reactions: slimpyman

NuttyBunny

Feb 12, 2011
Mexico
Yep, the PreCentral thread is here:
forums.precentral.net/palm-pixi/280992-webos-2-1-pixi-effort-official-thread.html

My blog post is here:
nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011/05/22/this-is-it-webos-2-1-on-your-pixi-plus-gsm/

chalx

Jan 16, 2007
Its not "upgrade", its more proof of concept. 2.1 is not for everyday use, but some elements are faster than 1.4.5.

davidwar

Aug 20, 2010
Leon
I have a Pre forgotten in some drawer with 2.1. I had to change the kernel (F104@1.2GHz) and some another tweak. A little laggy and not fast than expected, but anyway was pretty usable

bamx2

Apr 17, 2010
It seems like more trouble than its worth to me too .

I have a spare Verizon Palm Pixi Plus and could try this . However I would spend a lot of time getting it to WEB OS 2.1. Even if successful , I would still wind up having phone with limited capabilities (and far few choices of applications compared Android) .

Keldog7

Feb 22, 2012
Atlanta OTP
I have an old Pre Plus sitting in a drawer as well.. great, easy to use OS, but the support has withered away to nothing.

I can't imagine 2.1 working well on the Pixi Plus, given the limited hardware.

jimmyco2008

Dec 12, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
I did this a little less than a year ago, it's easy, you just copy and paste commands into Terminal in Linux.

I liked the newer look, but 2.1 doesn't support all of the Preware, kernels and tweaks and such as 1.5.1 does. Also I couldn't access the Palm Store or whatever it was called....

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda app-developers app

fatclue

Jul 15, 2010
Miami, FloriDuh
I agree with the others. I had a Verizon Pre+ MetaDoctored to 2.1 just to see if it would work. It works, but it certainly isn't worth the hassle. GPS bugs were the worst.

vbetts

Jun 21, 2010
Toledo Ohio
I had a palm pre for sprint, and compared to the current android offerings at the time the pre was amazing and above and beyond! Way better than what my Samsung moment ever was!

Sent from my MB870 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found this over on the precentral.net forums. apparently a dude in vietnam that order one off ebay got shipped a testing unit and it has 2.1 on it, pictures avaible on the site. Their trying to docter it to go onto others right as we speek:D