htc one x wont unlock

Search This thread

goofy gorilla

Oct 26, 2010
hi - i have a htc one x locked to orange uk, its totally original phone and never has never been rooted or modded before, i purchased an unlock code and the seller is 100% sure thats its the corrrect unlock code for the phone but it doesnt work, after several times of trying the code it still says " unlock code ir wrong".i thought perhaps unlock code was wrong so i bought another from another seller, it was the same unlock code....phone still obviously wont unlock...is this a deliberate ploy by orange to stop people using other sims in their phones.. I also have reset the phone to factory settings and tried with diffrerent sim like gif gaff, vodaphone etc but still remains locked and wont accept the unlock code. I have no reason to doubt the seller. im in the uk. Ive read somewhere that it may have something to do with the radio.zip whatever that is. To be honest im totally new at this modding lark so would be greatful if someone could walk me through this problem or help me in some sort of way. i would like to use my tesco sim in the phone. Thanks

FaiselW

Jul 28, 2013
Get the unlock code from orange/ee whatever it is called now.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

FaiselW

Jul 28, 2013
No that is why i buy unlocked only

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

intel007

Nov 21, 2011
Kent/London
yeah right at £20.47 ? would you pay that much ?...doubt it...

That's the same reason I didn't get mine unlocked through T-Mobile (greedy @$$€$!) Got mine on eBay and it worked perfectly first time.

If the code isn't working for you and you got the same code from 2 sellers, it looks like your out of luck mate and you'll have to give your greedy network the money.