Extracted img from 'L' now what?

Search This thread

zbt1985

Dec 28, 2008
Vibrant
Hey all,

I extracted the img file from the dev preview of 'L' from the Hamerhead version.

I'm new at this and it's really cool to explore and see how these things are built. Can I just pull the framework from 4.4.4 and throw it into the img and flash that?

What would it take to be able to flash this? I'm sure I can't, but maybe someone could enlighten me on what goes into this as I'm really interested in learning.

Thanks in advance!

brick5492

Jun 26, 2014
Hey all,

I extracted the img file from the dev preview of 'L' from the Hamerhead version.

I'm new at this and it's really cool to explore and see how these things are built. Can I just pull the framework from 4.4.4 and throw it into the img and flash that?

What would it take to be able to flash this? I'm sure I can't, but maybe someone could enlighten me on what goes into this as I'm really interested in learning.

Thanks in advance!

Well, there are some guides for porting on XDA. However, since the Android L Source code isn't released yet, you cannot build it from source. So you would need to base it on a Kitkat rom. But since the radio, bootloader and apps from Android L require android L, you cannot just do that.
So a port would need to change drivers, frameworks and some other stuff I don't understand :p. However, some guys already started porting Android L to the Nexus 4, and , no offence, I think they are done much quicker as you (or me). So take a look: http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/general/android-5-0-discussions-rumors-t2780976/post53701458

zbt1985

Dec 28, 2008
Vibrant
Well, there are some guides for porting on XDA. However, since the Android L Source code isn't released yet, you cannot build it from source. So you would need to base it on a Kitkat rom. But since the radio, bootloader and apps from Android L require android L, you cannot just do that.
So a port would need to change drivers, frameworks and some other stuff I don't understand :p. However, some guys already started porting Android L to the Nexus 4, and , no offence, I think they are done much quicker as you (or me). So take a look: http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/general/android-5-0-discussions-rumors-t2780976/post53701458

Awesome! Thanks man I'll take a look!

I was just exploring, I know I probably couldn't do it, but it's fun to learn!

Thanks for not flaming!

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
There's a reason I don't really post/go on xda anymore. It's all a bunch of crying flamers who constantly ask for updates and complain when **** doesn't work.

That and the fact that I have a nexus so i'm not flashing roms every week lol

I'm on here a lot more than usual. I'm between jobs now and at home. Will be changing next week though. One of my biggest pet peeves is those who won't take the time to research stuff before asking/demanding help. Answer is in the OP, but they don't bother to read it. Burns my hide as they say. ?

Reactions: jayRokk

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
I'm on here a lot more than usual. I'm between jobs now and at home. Will be changing next week though. One of my biggest pet peeves is those who won't take the time to research stuff before asking/demanding help. Answer is in the OP, but they don't bother to read it. Burns my hide as they say. ?

+100000000!!!!
Then you get called a douche for telling the person to read...

Sigh..
XDA isn't what it used to be. Just a bunch of spoiled kids.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: dude6595

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So you thought you would get flamed huh? lol ?! Actually that speaks volumes.

There's a reason I don't really post/go on xda anymore. It's all a bunch of crying flamers who constantly ask for updates and complain when **** doesn't work.

+100000000!!!!
    Then you get called a douche for telling the person to read...

Sigh..
    XDA isn't what it used to be. Just a bunch of spoiled kids.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app