Rooting the SPL 1.76.0009

Search This thread

IstBarP

Mar 11, 2010
Hjørring
Hey everyone.. :)
U need to thank Orange_24 for this..
It took me a WHILE (3 hours of seaching intense) to find out how to root the 1.76.0009 so i thought i would make a new thread to help people :).. but i found it deep in a forum in here :)

RUU:
4shared.com/file/MjOxJBX0/RUU_Sapphire_HTC_Europe_305401.html

Recovery RA-Hero
rapidshare.com/files/360227978/recovery-RA-hero-v1.6.2.img

Engineer's SPL 1.76.0007
4shared.com/file/211145376/3da88b40/update-hboot-1762007-signed.html

THIS METHOD WILL DELETE ALL DATA ON YOUR PHONE! Proceed at your own risk!

1. Download RUU linked above.
2. Install update using RUU.
3. Turn on phone and connect to computer.
4. Get RA recovery and SPL also linked above and drop them to sdcard root directory.
5. Run SDK: adb shell
6. Install recovery: flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-hero-v1.6.2.img
6. Turn off phone and turn on again holding Power+Home. RA Recovery should appear.
7. Flash zip from sdcard.
8. Use file: update-hboot-1762007-signed
9. Done. PSPL broken.
10. Build a shrine for orange_24

I did this to mine and it worked :)..
Bowing before the community

EDIT:
since many people have problems with windows 7 an windows 7 x64 i will thank the LayZeeDK for writing this so i dont have to :D..
First install HTC Sync. Then try these drivers: http://www.multiupload.com/RJRAYM75A2

Start > Devices and Printers > Right click 'Android Phone' > Properties > Click 'Hardware' tab > Press the one with 'Disk drives' type > Properties > Update Driver... > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Have Disk... > Pres 'Browse...' > Browse to the drivers in the folder 'Vista_x64' to which I linked above e.g. 'C:\Users\Lars\Desktop\Vista_x64' > OK > Choose 'My HTC' or whatever it shows

Seems that the drivers in Vista_x64 worked for USB/Sync/RUU connection and the drivers in USB_MODEM_VISTA works for ADB connection. ADB is changed through Device Manager (Right Click 'Computer' > Manage > Device Manager).

TO ROGERS
mbk.2k3 wrote this so all credit goes to him! :)..
to help the rogers folks: i had updated using the official Rogers update and thought i was stuck with the perfected SPL

I used the following method to get back my root (http://rootyourmagic32a.blogspot.com...htc-magic.html).
follow every step carefully.
then i downgraded radio and got an engineering SPL on using the following method (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=605239)

i used adb shell heavily. it was daunting at first but once i got into it, it was smooth sailing and you build your confidence quickly (good for noobs like us)

Last edited:
Reactions: the_past

IstBarP

Mar 11, 2010
Hjørring

if u cant use fastboot commands it means you have a perfected SPL

this will root and and change SPL to an Engineers SPL

with an Engineer's SPL there will be no limitations :)

Last edited:

jgcaap

Sep 22, 2009
Porto
ah because i found people wich said that had a rooted phone with a sPL like the Eng but had Sig off. I already found some issues of some people here in XDA wich had that problem. It would be nice to encounter a solution for that.

paultoan

Jan 24, 2010
Ho Chi Minh City
How about for HBOOT-1.76.0007?

dsc01458s.jpg

kimchi0400

Sep 9, 2009
This works, I did it on a friend's 32A that had the 1.76.0009 perfected SPL a few days ago. This info was taken from the first post of the huge thread of people trying out methods for rooting the 1.76.0009 SPL. Good idea making a new thread, that last one was a clusterfuck and the first post had missing links lol.

BTW, you didn't need a goldcard for this? I went through the trouble of making a goldcard because the old thread's instructions included making a goldcard. That coulda saved me a bit of time, lol. And I used Cursordroid's custom 32A recovery image, so this method works with that recovery as well.

Also, typo: "Engeeneers SPL 1.76.0007" should be "Engineer's SPL 1.76.2007" :p

IstBarP

Mar 11, 2010
Hjørring

Very long ago, thanks Orange_24
yea i just did this to maybe save some people from going thru the extra hours of searching :)..

Also, typo: "Engeeneers SPL 1.76.0007" should be "Engineer's SPL 1.76.2007" :p
yea thanks for correcting the typo btw :D

BTW, you didn't need a goldcard for this?
i didn't make goldcard :p.. thats why i did the long search for finding a method that didn't require me to do it :D

Very long ago, thanks Orange_24
as i said.. just to make new thread with it and lower the search time.. that's why there was put in the Build a shrine for Orange_24 in there :D

madshabz

Oct 3, 2008
Brisbane
I guys Im from Australia and I accidentally update my magic to the 3.05.861.2 rom which had the perfected 1.76.0008 SPL im am happy to say that this method actually root the spl which in favour lets you go back to either 1.33.2010 or 1.76.2007 whichever you prefer

IstBarP

Mar 11, 2010
Hjørring
:)

glad that you found my thread then ^^..

yea.. but i dont know why u should go back to the 1.33?

1.76 are for the new rom's :)

mbk.2k3

Jul 1, 2008
Rogers

The Rogers update uses this perfected SPL correct? If so glad that a workaround has been found finally.

Question though: can I go back and forth freely? ie. if i follow the steps, root my phone, try a new ROM, and later want to go back to the Rogers update.

Thanks in advance!

IstBarP

Mar 11, 2010
Hjørring
hey

The Rogers update uses this perfected SPL correct? If so glad that a workaround has been found finally.

Question though: can I go back and forth freely? ie. if i follow the steps, root my phone, try a new ROM, and later want to go back to the Rogers update.

Thanks in advance!

yea u can go back and foward between the roms. don't know if rogers are perfected spl but if it is u have to do this every time you want to switch away from rogers :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone.. :)
    U need to thank Orange_24 for this..
    It took me a WHILE (3 hours of seaching intense) to find out how to root the 1.76.0009 so i thought i would make a new thread to help people :).. but i found it deep in a forum in here :)

RUU:
    4shared.com/file/MjOxJBX0/RUU_Sapphire_HTC_Europe_305401.html

Recovery RA-Hero
    rapidshare.com/files/360227978/recovery-RA-hero-v1.6.2.img

Engineer's SPL 1.76.0007
    4shared.com/file/211145376/3da88b40/update-hboot-1762007-signed.html

THIS METHOD WILL DELETE ALL DATA ON YOUR PHONE! Proceed at your own risk!

1. Download RUU linked above.
    2. Install update using RUU.
    3. Turn on phone and connect to computer.
    4. Get RA recovery and SPL also linked above and drop them to sdcard root directory.
    5. Run SDK: adb shell
    6. Install recovery: flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-hero-v1.6.2.img
    6. Turn off phone and turn on again holding Power+Home. RA Recovery should appear.
    7. Flash zip from sdcard.
    8. Use file: update-hboot-1762007-signed
    9. Done. PSPL broken.
    10. Build a shrine for orange_24

I did this to mine and it worked :)..
    Bowing before the community

EDIT:
    since many people have problems with windows 7 an windows 7 x64 i will thank the LayZeeDK for writing this so i dont have to :D..
    First install HTC Sync. Then try these drivers: http://www.multiupload.com/RJRAYM75A2

Start > Devices and Printers > Right click 'Android Phone' > Properties > Click 'Hardware' tab > Press the one with 'Disk drives' type > Properties > Update Driver... > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Have Disk... > Pres 'Browse...' > Browse to the drivers in the folder 'Vista_x64' to which I linked above e.g. 'C:\Users\Lars\Desktop\Vista_x64' > OK > Choose 'My HTC' or whatever it shows

Seems that the drivers in Vista_x64 worked for USB/Sync/RUU connection and the drivers in USB_MODEM_VISTA works for ADB connection. ADB is changed through Device Manager (Right Click 'Computer' > Manage > Device Manager).

TO ROGERS
    mbk.2k3 wrote this so all credit goes to him! :)..
    to help the rogers folks: i had updated using the official Rogers update and thought i was stuck with the perfected SPL

I used the following method to get back my root (http://rootyourmagic32a.blogspot.com...htc-magic.html).
    follow every step carefully.
    then i downgraded radio and got an engineering SPL on using the following method (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=605239)

i used adb shell heavily. it was daunting at first but once i got into it, it was smooth sailing and you build your confidence quickly (good for noobs like us)
    Works perfect

guys .. i having that 0009 spl and i used this method and it works perfect

http://rootyourmagic32a.blogspot.com/2010/04/root-htc-magic.html

i got my s-off and hboot as1.76.2007 from 009

first u need to do a exact and clear gold card ... all will do problems in creating gold card becasue the memory card number wont show up in dos command .. becasue the will use -/cid instead */cid at the end .. but both will work to read the card number , then the second mistake the will do is when copy paste the goldcard number to memory card they will search the 00000170 and all .. so avoid using this becasue it wont show up in all memory card . so just go to 000000 offset line and drag it and then copy n paste write from gold card section . then ur gold card works awsome ... to create the best gold with video tutorial go to the link above i showed .. good luck . anyway i changed the splllllll lol