Galaxy S5 Stock Boot Animation Without AT&T Logo

Search This thread

freebee269

Feb 27, 2013
hello all. i got a friend to send me their international qmg files for the boot animation. these files do not have the at&t Logo in it. here is a link to the zip file that has the qmg files inside it. just extract the zip. you need to be rooted for this. then go to system/media with a root explorer and rename bootsamsung and bootsamsungloop qmg files to .bak. then copy the files inside the zip to that location. make sure to change the file permissions to rw-r--r--. then reboot.

you can also get rid of that circle animation during the shutdown animation if you rename shutdownloop.qmg to .bak. this will make only the samsung logo show during shutdown.

http://d-h.st/Uyv

556AR

Sep 3, 2013
Worked great. Thanks!

Is there a PowerOn.ogg on the international version?

Last edited:

jasp3r

Jun 23, 2012
DC
Worked great. Thanks!

here is the link to the original poweron.ogg file

poweron.ogg

apply same way as above giving the permissions rw-r--r--

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

poweron.ogg

this file is located in
system/media/audio/ui

mcnaught82

Feb 17, 2013
Valley Springs
hello all. i got a friend to send me their international qmg files for the boot animation. these files do not have the at&t Logo in it. here is a link to the zip file that has the qmg files inside it. just extract the zip. you need to be rooted for this. then go to system/media with a root explorer and rename bootsamsung and bootsamsungloop qmg files to .bak. then copy the files inside the zip to that location. make sure to change the file permissions to rw-r--r--. then reboot.

you can also get rid of that circle animation during the shutdown animation if you rename shutdownloop.qmg to .bak. this will make only the samsung logo show during shutdown.

Thanks bro, works great. Much better then the att boot and sound.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

GreenRaccoon

Apr 20, 2011
Austin, TX
When downloading the file under Windows, make sure you uncheck "Download with Dev-Host Download Manager" and also make sure you choose "Download Now" instead of "Download." If you try to download any other way, you'll find malware.

Reactions: talkingmonkeys

xCAVEMANx

Mar 1, 2009
Remember to wipe cache after applying. At first I didn't and it caused long boot and system process failed to start dialog. Then black screen with only top notification bar pull down. I rebooted into recovery and wiped cache... Everything all good.

EDIT: I don't know why, but when I did this on my G900A is caused massive hang, and random bootlooping on Lollipop. It makes no sense as it is just a gif and an audio file being switched out. But sure as $h!t I deleted the new files and restore the backup and everything works flawless again.

Last edited:

ChingghisKhan

Worked like a charm

Thank you very much, it worked like a charm on my S5 Actice with Android 5.0
Finally, this was the last step to get rid of that ATT crap!

Reactions: tom-liang

sullytrny

Dec 24, 2006
Saranac Lake
does anyone have the boot animation from the op, I was able to get the obb file but the rar file on dev host just goes to spam crxp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Worked great. Thanks!

poweron.ogg

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

poweron.ogg

this file is located in
    system/media/audio/ui
    thank you very much....i frigging hated that at&t logo :good:
    Worked great. Thanks!

Yes there is but I didn't get that. I made my own ogg file.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
    When downloading the file under Windows, make sure you uncheck "Download with Dev-Host Download Manager" and also make sure you choose "Download Now" instead of "Download." If you try to download any other way, you'll find malware.