Windows Vista VS Flashing Firmware or Radio ROMs!

Search This thread

NetrunnerAT

Mar 16, 2007
Vienna
Upgrade OS pocket pc (RUU file problem how to solve ) in Windows Vista

First of all, connect your device when it`s in bootloader.
next, open Windows Mobile Device Center and in connection settings uncheck Allou USB Connections.
next, goto contol panel-administrative tools-services and start windows mobile device connectivity and windows mobile device 2003 connectivity
next, goto device manager and find your device and update the driver to the one from AS 4, i attached it, wceusbsh.inf.
then, kill wmdc.exe with any taskmanager
You are Ready. run ruu or connect MTTY. I guess that vista default driver uses another port, not WCEUSBSH001, that`s why we have to use the old driver.

http://mahmood1.com/Documents/USBAS.rar

http://mahmood1.com/Documents/64bit.rar

Best reguards to mahmood

Last edited:

LordDeath

Nov 30, 2006
First of all, connect your device when it`s in bootloader.
done.
next, open Windows Mobile Device Center and in connection settings uncheck Allou USB Connections.
done.
next, goto contol panel-administrative tools-services and start windows mobile device connectivity and windows mobile device 2003 connectivity
they were already running
next, goto device manager and find your device and update the driver to the one from AS 4, i attached it, wceusbsh.inf.
in the 64bit.rar there are drivers in the ruu-work-64bit folder and in the wce.zip. i tried both for my vista x64 system.
then, kill wmdc.exe with any taskmanager
i also killed the mobsync.exe
You are Ready. run ruu or connect MTTY.
the ruu simply crashes while trying to connect to the device. luckily the flash didn't start yet.

floepie

Feb 28, 2006
Amsterdam
Not that you need this in pictures, but someone may:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=252977&st=0&gopid=814012&#entry814012

Anyways, I've got this fix working for the NVID ROM, but it won't work for other RUU-based upgrades, such as the one from PDAMobiz WM6 1.0. Perhaps there are different versions of the RUU utility that require or use different components.

Something else that is odd is that the drivers packaged in the "64 bit" rar are the same ones packaged in the VistaRUU.zip found in the Modaco link above, and which work on my 32-bit OS. So, they may not be 64-bit drivers at all.

Last edited:

PRiME2007

Aug 20, 2007
Yeah I live in New Zealand and I think the 700wx here are different somehow. For example I don't think mine has a bootloader period.. I tried all 400 ways of getting it into bootloader and all I get is a reset back to normal screen no tricolour.

Weird but unless I can get it into bootloader first I don't think its going to get anywhere. Which my palm 700wx just doesn't have I think.

wanwarlock

Aug 13, 2006
i managed to do it with vmware on vista. tried all these methods but the programs crashes all the time, luckily not frying my 818pro as well!

rondol1

Dec 1, 2006
Hoofdorp
I have the same experience. The NVID RUU works, but al others don't. By the way, the NVID also work with only the "old" drivers installed, not dis-allowing USB connection, not starting in bootloader and not killing wmdc.exe.

I don't know for sure, I noticed the RUU Utility version is newer. But when I just switch the nb.nsk file, I get an error, or it crashes just like before. Can it has something to do with the fact that the NVID RUU updates the SPL as well?

djechelon

Oct 18, 2007
Not that you need this in pictures, but someone may:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=252977&st=0&gopid=814012&#entry814012

Anyways, I've got this fix working for the NVID ROM, but it won't work for other RUU-based upgrades, such as the one from PDAMobiz WM6 1.0. Perhaps there are different versions of the RUU utility that require or use different components.

Something else that is odd is that the drivers packaged in the "64 bit" rar are the same ones packaged in the VistaRUU.zip found in the Modaco link above, and which work on my 32-bit OS. So, they may not be 64-bit drivers at all.
Try running command prompt as Admin and type

bcdedit /set nointegritychecks on

Then try again to install the 64 bit driver. It should work

Fusion752

Nov 23, 2007
I have just found the answer for Prime2007, i have a telecom treo 700wx and the previous codes for the bootloader didnt work for me either however if you go into your dailpad and press ##8778# your phone will reboot into bootloader also there is not colored strips just the treo logo with some numbers at the top.

If you want to exit without making changes you will have to pull out your battery

blustosa

Jun 21, 2008
East Lansing
Unfortunally this doesn't work, as mentioned, with things such as Radio ROM update only...

If anyone finds out how to make it work for those I'd be greatly appreciative.

jim2sad

Nov 5, 2007
hey guys .. i follows all your step . but i still cant run the ruu sucessfull .. help please.. thanks

WillySonicteam

Jun 15, 2008
completed the tutorial exactly, and continued taking the same problem.
I get the same error. Help please.