TravisAntonio

Jul 14, 2011
Santo Domingo
XBMC Atrix *HDMI* (Any Blur based ROM)

The user "djeman" brought us, an HDMI version of XBMC for the Atrix.​

Here is the link: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Test and let me know how it works. :)

Special thanks to djeman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XBMC
Description:

Is the one of the most complete multimedia center, where you can play your favorite audios, videos, movies, also it supports many plugins like (TV, Web, Apps, etc.).​

Considering this is an Atrix, this could be used as the new WebTop for CM7/CM9/CM10 but more for multimedia than office and other things, but you can always go the plugins way.​

I'm bringing the XBMC from the dev kemonine96, since it works almost fully and I have been testing it to the bottom, so any question you can ask me. TEST AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Here is the original post so you can download it and test it: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1813089

Thanks for all.

** Known Bugs:

*CPU1 when not playing anything, it freezes at 67%.

*Cannot load 720p+ Videos, it lags a lot due to HW lack.
*Won't change resolution.​

Special thanks to kemonine96.​

Attachments

• screenshot-1344143644235.jpg
    screenshot-1344143644235.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 2,380
  • screenshot-1344143750237.jpg
    screenshot-1344143750237.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 2,282
  • screenshot-1344143989092.jpg
    screenshot-1344143989092.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 2,133
Last edited:

Franklee99

Jul 5, 2012
Just want to say the tegra version in the link is working on my th3bill miui rom.

I can connect to my network and stream etc, just like xbmc on anything else. Navigation is a bit fiddly, being touch only.

Can't wait to replace my atv2 with an Android box :)

Awesome, cheers!

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

djluis48

Nov 16, 2009
Santo Domingo
You can always modify resolutions in the Settings of XBMC, that being said, yes.

Actually, you can't. I tried with my lapdock, and it wouldn't let me change it. It looks ok on my lapdock, but in a tv it would look big.

I still don't know how to play music/video using it, it seems like it doesn't come with a music/video player built in.

Im going to go around their forum later to figure out those things.

Looks pretty nice so far.

kemonine96

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
Actually, you can't. I tried with my lapdock, and it wouldn't let me change it. It looks ok on my lapdock, but in a tv it would look big.

I still don't know how to play music/video using it, it seems like it doesn't come with a music/video player built in.

You will also want to check their wiki. It outlines usage very well. Keep in mind the Atrix is an unofficially supported device. If you have android specific issues or playback problems please post back to XDA. The official channels will not be able to help with Atrix specific issues.

TravisAntonio

Jul 14, 2011
Santo Domingo

What do you mean sir Luis? Everything works fine, is true that I haven't tried the resolution change since my dock is on the mail but it should scale up fine. If somebody else report back or you can surely confirm it doesn't then I will post it as a bug in the OP.

You will also want to check their wiki. It outlines usage very well. Keep in mind the Atrix is an unofficially supported device. If you have android specific issues or playback problems please post back to XDA. The official channels will not be able to help with Atrix specific issues.

Don't worry, we will not blame XBMC as you said in your original post and now here.

Last edited:

djluis48

Nov 16, 2009
Santo Domingo
What do you mean sir Luis? Everything works fine, is true that I haven't tried the resolution change since my dock is on the mail but it should scale up fine. If somebody else report back or you can surely confirm it doesn't then I will post it as a bug in the OP.

Seems like it won't change the resolution. I tried with my lapdock, and it won't let me to change it to other values.

badnokia

Mar 5, 2011
So this runs on straight Android? Or do we run it from Ubuntu on our phones? And add-ons work just on the phone, e.g., like radio streams (sky.fm, digitally imported), anime freak, scrubbers, etc? If so, very interesting!

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
So this runs on straight Android? Or do we run it from Ubuntu on our phones? And add-ons work just on the phone, e.g., like radio streams (sky.fm, digitally imported), anime freak, scrubbers, etc? If so, very interesting!

This runs on straight Android.

If you are running ubuntu on your phone you will want the version from the ubuntu ppa or similar.

Add-ons should generally work. A few may not, but I haven't heard of / know any being outright broken offhand. This should include the last.fm / sky.fm / scrobblers / you tube and the like. If you run into any broken add-ons let me know and I will update the main thread with the known-broken add-ons.

TravisAntonio

Jul 14, 2011
Santo Domingo
This runs on straight Android.

If you are running ubuntu on your phone you will want the version from the ubuntu ppa or similar.

Add-ons should generally work. A few may not, but I haven't heard of / know any being outright broken offhand. This should include the last.fm / sky.fm / scrobblers / you tube and the like. If you run into any broken add-ons let me know and I will update the main thread with the known-broken add-ons.

Thanks and sorry I wasn't with much time so I gave a yes after he said "if so..." :p

Sorry for all troubles caused.

Reactions: MrBadAss

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
hi. may you include external player selection in your build?

If aimed at me (the guy behind the main nightlies thread): I won't be including the external player patch in my builds just yet. Right now there are no official nightlies being built and I plan to keep mine as close to vanilla xbmc as possible until they post official nightlies.

When official nightlies are posted I'll be taking a closer look at different patch sets and re-evaluating including them in my builds.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XBMC Atrix *HDMI* (Any Blur based ROM)

The user "djeman" brought us, an HDMI version of XBMC for the Atrix.​

Here is the link: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Test and let me know how it works. :)

Special thanks to djeman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XBMC
    Description:

Is the one of the most complete multimedia center, where you can play your favorite audios, videos, movies, also it supports many plugins like (TV, Web, Apps, etc.).​

Considering this is an Atrix, this could be used as the new WebTop for CM7/CM9/CM10 but more for multimedia than office and other things, but you can always go the plugins way.​

I'm bringing the XBMC from the dev kemonine96, since it works almost fully and I have been testing it to the bottom, so any question you can ask me. TEST AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Here is the original post so you can download it and test it: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1813089

Thanks for all.

** Known Bugs:

*CPU1 when not playing anything, it freezes at 67%.

*Cannot load 720p+ Videos, it lags a lot due to HW lack.
    *Won't change resolution.​

Special thanks to kemonine96.​
    I'm working on a hdmi version with the motorola api dual screen :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11889182/xbmc/xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug_hdmi_050912.apk

It's a version only hdmi and it don't works on cyanogenmod, you can change resolution.
    Compiled with openmax il but this part is experimental (no sounds on gui :x).
    Cant install on MROM 2012-10 -08.

Getting "application not installed" at end of installation.

Using ADB shows:

C:\ADB>adb install xbmcapp.apk
    1501 KB/s (0 bytes in 37598594.024s)
    pkg: /data/local/tmp/xbmcapp.apk
    Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY]

Please to all people use newer version from http://www.xbmcandroid.com/

Thank you very much.

So there were 3 questions there. Which one were you answering yes to?
    hi. may you include external player selection in your build?

If aimed at me (the guy behind the main nightlies thread): I won't be including the external player patch in my builds just yet. Right now there are no official nightlies being built and I plan to keep mine as close to vanilla xbmc as possible until they post official nightlies.

When official nightlies are posted I'll be taking a closer look at different patch sets and re-evaluating including them in my builds.