[ROM][CM10] Thinkpad Tablet (v0.9)

Search This thread

p_razzi

Aug 13, 2008
I seem to have Bluetooth issues with this build. Playing music through the service to a BT speaker is terribly choppy, playing only a few seconds before stuttering badly. The speaker works perfectly with other devices so I know it's the build. Also worked fine with the original Lenovo build.

Are we likely to see any advances on this version?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Domskibus

Feb 4, 2009
NRW
I've successfully flashed the current version of this ROM and it's great. A way faster than the original one.
Just one question: Is there any specific configuration to get the stylus working? Mine does not work, but it could also be possible that the stylus battery is simply down.
In general: Would the stylus work anywhere or just in a Note-Application?

Thanks!

explit

Jun 24, 2009
Berlin
www.explit.de
I've successfully flashed the current version of this ROM and it's great. A way faster than the original one.
Just one question: Is there any specific configuration to get the stylus working? Mine does not work, but it could also be possible that the stylus battery is simply down.
In general: Would the stylus work anywhere or just in a Note-Application?

Thanks!

Your Stylus battery is empty. Buy a new AAAAN Battery and be happy. Stulus works everywhere in TPT CM0

explit

Jun 24, 2009
Berlin
www.explit.de
Hello Guys!

Any news here ?
The CM10 0.9.2 ROM is really cool, I use it on my TPT and I`m really happy with it.
The only things which drive me crazy are:

"Black screen of death" After press the power button to switch the display off and put the TPT in the bag, it doesn`t wake up after half an hour. I must switch the TPT off an than on. WIFI is always enabled, LCD Sleep is set to 30min.

What can be the Problem ?

THe second Problem are the "Hangs" of the TPT. If I have 2 or 3 Apps running, often the TPT hangs inside the App for a while. Sometime it is back after 1-2 Minutes, some time I must restart the TPT.

In the perferences i set an option to kill an Hanging App with the long press of the Back-Button. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

In the performance Menu in the Settings I set the CPU Frequncy scaling to Interactive. Which option is better ?

I think all this Problems and little bugs are because we drive the TPT with the old ICS-Kernel (2.6.x), while JB usually use newer 3.xx Kernel.
Any possibility to compile a newer Kernel for our TPTs ?

Thank you for every advice !

rickinoz

Hi Koshu
Can you please send me a link for a mirror for the 3g patch?

@jk7gr and anyone else still using a TPT

This project has been deprecated but the ROM and recovery are functional as is.

Koshu still gets full credits - I've just re-upped the relevant files to Mega.

ROM version 0.9.2
3G modem patch
CWM recovery
format data partition

Instructions to flash recovery are on this post
Enter recovery by rebooting while holding Vol+
Flash ROM and patch together in CWM
Optional: Flash format-data in CWM if not booting properly

Last edited:

Koshu

Jul 28, 2007
Hey there,

sorry for the (really really) late reply. A lot of things changed in my life and this project somehow was covered under a huge stack of other things i needed to do. I don't think that i will resume it, cause lack of time but I'm happy to see that there are still people which are using the good old lenovo. Since my linkes went down together with ubuntu one i will link the OP to rickinoz post like he suggested himself (thanks for keeping the files uploaded).

Greets,
koshu

pasper

Jul 10, 2006
New beginning possible?

Hey there,

sorry for the (really really) late reply. A lot of things changed in my life and this project somehow was covered under a huge stack of other things i needed to do. I don't think that i will resume it, cause lack of time but I'm happy to see that there are still people which are using the good old lenovo. Since my linkes went down together with ubuntu one i will link the OP to rickinoz post like he suggested himself (thanks for keeping the files uploaded).

Greets,
koshu

Hello together
Nice to hear from you koshu,

Maybe someone else will go further and you are able to give him some advice - since lenovo has given us the driver bins there is a possibility for a new kernel as well a higher android version, possible kitkat can be cooked!

Best regards,
Pasper

priyamjani

Jul 27, 2009
irving
Thanks

Hey there,

Greets,
koshu

I am eagerly waiting for ROM with newer android version. This is a great tablet and thank you for keeping it alive.

DiJu519

Jul 17, 2012
I am eagerly waiting for ROM with newer android version. This is a great tablet and thank you for keeping it alive.

I agree.

I come back and check this every so often to see if Koshu is back.

I believe this tablet had potential. It's a versatile device, just needs updated support.

Maybe he'll reconsider one day.

Phylu

Oct 18, 2008
Munich
Device encryption

Did anybody manage to fully encrypt the device with this ROM?
For me after chosing encrypt, the Android Robot appears, but nothing happens. I can get rid of the screen by rebooting the device. But it does not encrypt anything at all.

martiniturbide

Apr 27, 2011
I also keep looking to see if Koshu get's back.

I just checked Android 5 and really liked it alot. I wish we can do something to try to get a Nexus alike Android 5 ROM for the Thinkpad Tablet 1.

Regards

Koshu

Jul 28, 2007
Well I'm not really that far away, checking now and again what is happening here. Android 5 ... well i can understand that most people want the new version for the thinkpad, however with every version the effort needed for the porting increases. This is mainly because of the linux kernel of the thinkpad which is quite out of date. Therefore one needs either to port a new kernel for the device or backport all the needed functions. I'm not enough of a kernel hacker to pull the first option off i fear and the second one tends to become a patched mess. And in both cases i just don't have the time anymore. We would need more devs to keep the support for this device.

Greets,
koshu

mingwa

Jun 3, 2012
Would anyone please kindly provide a mirror for the format zip file? The original link that Koshu provided was dead. My TPT is bricked, stuck at the lenovo logo, can go to CWM yet stuck at formatting /data... Flashing the zip file is my faint hope to revive that old good friend.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's jelly time. Made by a TPT user for TPT users.

Notice
    • Developed on a WE/16Gb 3G TPT. US, UK and ROW Tablets (any size) are confirmed to work, too
    • Density set to 160 dpi to keep market compatibility. Don't like to do this but the market problems are just annoying. Change it with a appropriate app if you don't like it (btw. our native density is approximate 150 dpi).
    • Flash on your own risk! Might turn your TPT into a expensive chopping board.

Requirements
    • This build uses the Lenovo ICS kernel, you need to upgrade to stock ICS first (Make sure you keep root!)
    • A ICS ClockworkMod version like this one. :D

Screenshots
    • here (Thanks obscure.detour)

Installation
    • Download ROM zipfile (and 3G patch if you want to) and put it on a sd-card
    • Boot into CWM (Reboot and press Vol+)
    • Make a nandroid backup in CWM!
    • Make sure the backup worked!
    • Full Wipe (May not be needed if you come from an earlier CM10 version)
    • Flash zip in CWM
    • Optional: Flash 3G patch in CWM
    • reboot

Restore Stock ICS
    • Boot into CWM (Reboot and press Vol+)
    • Restore old nandroid backup

Additional Steps
    • If you have problems with random reboots or sleep of death try to change wifi to "always on". You can find it in: settings->wifi->"click the 3 dots in the upper right"->advanced->keep wifi on during sleep
    • If you want to use NotesMobile you want to look here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34649207#post34649207
    • If you have problems with wiping (just doesn't work) and want to reformat the data partition, use this zip in CWM: http://ubuntuone.com/4zKT1jqeqhR8qdGh2y4TaM (WARNING: THIS WILL REFORMAT DATA, THAT INCLUDES YOUR INTERNAL SDCARD!)

Working:
    • Wifi
    • Touchscreen + Stylus
    • Bluetooth
    • HW Graphic Acceleration
    • Sound (Including Mic)
    • Cameras Front/Back
    • Compass (but needs calibration)
    • HW Video encoding/decoding (i.e. for Youtube HQ)
    • Mount as USB/MTP for filetransfer (in windows)
    • GPS (Well "working" like always nearly unusable but its working theoretically)
    • Lightsensor and other sensors
    • 3G (Ericsson card)
    • 3G (Gobi card)
    • HDMI
    • Stylus
    • Buttons

Not Working
    • Nothing here anymore. Everything is working somehow but some parts still contain bugs (see buglist)

Known Bugs
    • Google maps crashes sometimes
    • 3G issues:
      - On some devices the carrier is not shown and 3G needs more time to connect
    • Wifi tethering not working
    • Stylus only mod not changeable in lockscreen
    • Some other bugs that occur only on few devices

Things maybe added in future releases
    • A density of 150dpi (a soon as i find a good hacked market or something else)
    • Getting everything to work and stable

Thanks
    • The Cyanogenmod team
    • Everyone releasing their source codes for other builds
    • Everyone trying to find and report bugs
    • pwstein for lending me his gobi card

If you like this ROM press the donate button and smash your hand on the NumPad :fingers-crossed:

Download
    see this post -> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53241085&postcount=788

Sourcecodes

Changelog
    Code:
    [B]Version 0.9.2 [/B]
    - Same as 0.9.1 but with older wifi drivers

[B]Version 0.9.1 [/B]
    - Fixed stylus only mode again
    - Fixed touchinput for some games/apps

[B]Version 0.9[/B]
    - Switched to CM10 Stable Branch
    - Newer WIFI driver
    - Other things I might have forgoten

[B]Version 0.8.1 (3G Patch)[/B]
    - Combined ericssion and gobi patch
    - Bluetooth tethering

[B]Version 0.8.1[/B]
    - Android 4.1.2
    - Stock kernel again for the time beeing
    - New Stylus only mode (again use the browser button)
    - Confirmed working bluetooth pan (tested with internet connection of galaxy nexus)

[B]Version 0.8 (Experimental)[/B]
    - Fixed Camera + Picasa 
    - Added Stylus only mode (oops: Right now its a no input mode, needs to be fixed)
    - Added recovery to reboot options (Upgrade to CWM 6 first, if you want to use this!)
    - Changed Kernel:
         Additional Filesystem support (NTFS, CIFS)
         Overclocking up to 1.7GHz (disabled by default)

[B]Version 0.7.1 (3G Patches)[/B]
    - Added missing apn.conf

[B]Version 0.7[/B]
    - Reverted some changes to dalvik cache that seem to make trouble
    - Added experimental support for Gobi 3G card
    - Checked hdmi (seems to work fine here)

[B]Version 0.6[/B]
    - Fixed front cam
    - Autorotation button official working (and all other buttons)
    - Switched Gallery app for picasa sync
    - Some minor bugfixes

[B]Version 0.5 (3G Ericsson)[/B]
    - Added 3G patch for wifi-only rom
    - Read new installation instructions!

[B]Version 0.5 (wifi-only)[/B]
    - A wifi-only version (without sms app or cell indicator)

[B]Version 0.4[/B]
    - Fixed 2G/3G Problem -> Ericsson card is working now

[B]Version 0.3[/B]
    - Fixed GPS
    - Fixed Lightsensor
    - Some minor bugfixes
    - Added experimental(!!!) support for Ericsson 3G (i.e. WE devices)

[B]Version 0.2[/B]
    - HW Video decoding fixed -> i.e. youtube HQ
    - HW Video encoding fixed -> taking videos with the cam

[B]Version 0.1[/B]
    - First release
    Koshu, are there any plans on going further? I've noticed another bug connected with camera app (I guess, cause camera is still missing).
    I can't set my own wallpaper, gallery just can't resize it. I think thhis bug is in gallery app, and it is connected with camera app, so... waiting for update.

I haven't abandonment this project, but i'm doing this in my free time and i don't have much at the moment. I'm working on integrating a self compiled kernel right now and setting up the sources on github. A new version will most likely released this or next weekend.
    I wonder if this hotword detection issue is something to be reported to the app devs or if its something we could find a workaround for.

Edit: Interestingly, it works with hotword detection on while playing music.....as soon as i pause the music, it crashes. With or without headphones.

Eh ... what? While playing music... oh boy, i'm already totaly excited to search for this hotword bug :/ (well it never happend here, anyone from germany with google now-hotword crashes?)

any word on usb ethernet perhaps? and wifi tether? my router broke and i was going to use the tablet as a temporary router. My other tablet died so I was going to use this one, but doesnt work :/

At the moment only bluetooth is working (or was the last time i tried ;). Well these things are more complicated then it sound, so not sure when i have enough time for that.

Besides the problem of no touch input in games that obscure.detour already mentioned, this works brilliantly. Many thanks for your hard work on it!

Fear not little gamer! Version 0.9.1 comes to the rescue! ... well i hope. I spend the day reading the source codes of xbmc/android i found something little interesting. First it uses some kind of native cpp api instead of the java api (well that's not really surprising). Second: To determine the type of an input (is it a button, is it the touchscreen?) it looks at the class/source mask and compares it to an constant value. This value is i.e. 0x1002 for touchscreens and 0x4002 for stylus devices or to be more exact its 0x5002 for stylus devices because its also a touch device (0x1002 and 0x4002 combined bitwise). Now there are to problems: First for some reason the android system recognizes both our input devices (Mutlitouchscreen and sytlus) as input devices with a stylus and gives them the number 0x5002. Second: xbmc doesn't check if a device is able to send touch events, so if the class/source code contains(!) 0x1002 but if its only a touchdevice, so the class code needs to be exactly 0x1002. That's not really the correct way of doing things, i think it happened because there are only a few tablets with stylus on the market.
    I fixed this in version 0.9.1 by setting our touchscreen to 0x1002. Now the touchscreen works in xbmc and in DeadZone (free version) and if we are all lucky that's the case for the other games, too. However this also mean that the stylus won't work in these games unless the developer change their way of determining the source of an input event.

Let me know how it works. If you find a (free if possible) game/app that still won't do anything let me know that, too.

P.S: Oh and i fixed the stylus only mode.

P.S.S: The 3G patch is the same as in version 0.9. I only renamed it to prevent confusion. It should still work properly, because i didn't update the sources but tell me if i'm wrong and i will fix it.
    Well i'm using the CM10 Sources fetched direktly from the cyanogenmod git with all its pros and cons. With that said you can expect 4.1.2 for the next release, but without the OC kernel (have to rebuild it first), so hopefully it's a "stable" release again. Not much other changes yet beside the new stylus only mode and 4.1.2. If there are no big complications with the new sources i might manage to release it even this weekend.
    Ok here it is. I used this for quite some time (just had no time to upload it) and it worked without any big problems in my use-cases, that doesn't mean that there are no major bugs as i didn't try all the thing i normally don't use my tpt for. For that reason I left the download links for 0.8.1 untouched, so you can revert back to the older release in case that something isn't working like you expected, because it might take some time before i can kill the bugs again.

There are two major changes:
    1. Switched to the CM10 Stable branch
    2. Added a selfcompiled kernel with newer wifi drivers (intentionally to fix the wifi SOD problem, that didn't work, but hadn't any problem with the new drivers either)