AudioX - Louder One X Speaker Output - CWM Flashable

Search This thread

htckt

Jun 18, 2012
Hi all,

Managed to put the AudioX settings into a flashable CWM.zip file.

Attached is the newest version which I have currently installed:

Disable Tru Bass effect.
Limiter set to 0.150 instead of 0.250
SRS3D Set space to 0.5 instead of 0.800

I decided to leave some of the limiter since having an uncompressed signal can harm the physical speaker.

This tweak means louder speaker output and no Trubass effect which is by default boosting the 400Hz area.

WARNING: I do not take any responsibility for broken speakers etc. When I tried the original edits the volume was so loud the speaker made some crackle noises. If you keep that volume level chances are you will destroy the speaker and then it will crackle even at lower volumes. The new version does have a softer limiter and the volume levels are good so I think the speaker is not in danger.

Attached is the AudioX.zip cwm installable and the Default_Audio_Settings.zip installable. If you don't like the result simply flash the second zip.

All the best

Attachments

• AudioX.zip
    143.6 KB · Views: 2,419
  • Default_Audio_Settings.zip
    143.6 KB · Views: 1,091

Irish Enigma

Jun 28, 2011
Chicago
Hi all,

Disable Tru Bass effect.

I decided to leave some of the limiter since having an uncompressed signal can harm the physical speaker.

This tweak means louder speaker output and no Trubass effect which is by default boosting the 400Hz area.

WARNING: I do not take any responsibility for broken speakers etc. When I tried the original edits the volume was so loud the speaker made some crackle noises. If you keep that volume level chances are you will destroy the speaker and then it will crackle even at lower volumes. The new version does have a softer limiter and the volume levels are good so I think the speaker is not in danger.

Attached is the AudioX.zip cwm installable and the Default_Audio_Settings.zip installable. If you don't like the result simply flash the second zip.

All the best

This should be in the development forums.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

rilo2009

May 8, 2012
Does this make only the loudspeaker (the one on the back of the phone) louder or will this increase the in-call volume as well? And what about headphones? Thanks in advance.

htckt

Jun 18, 2012
Does this make only the loudspeaker (the one on the back of the phone) louder or will this increase the in-call volume as well? And what about headphones? Thanks in advance.

This one makes the loudspeaker in the back louder, I don't think it affects headphones since it's a different output.

I am not a pro developer, only played around with values that seem familiar and by guessing which is the speaker output compared to the in-call volume (since they have a different compression ratio).

All the best

Luisit0

Mar 29, 2011
San Juan
This one makes the loudspeaker in the back louder, I don't think it affects headphones since it's a different output.

I am not a pro developer, only played around with values that seem familiar and by guessing which is the speaker output compared to the in-call volume (since they have a different compression ratio).

All the best

A bit late.... But will this work on 4.0.4 Roms and is it flashable through twrp 2.2.0??

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

aznrice2k4

May 27, 2010
Chi-Town
I wonder what would happen if I flash this on top of mines. :eek: Speaker might just explode hehe

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Luisit0

Mar 29, 2011
San Juan
might just be me, but i dont really notice a biiiiiiiig difference on speaker sound... i wiped both caches n flashed, then wiped caches again

frostxinfinity

Jan 28, 2012
Rochester, NY
Does this mod work on CM10? Whether yes or no, is there any particular reason to combine more than one audio modification on the same ROM?

Sent from my One X using xda premium

RiPpeR_dUdE

Aug 16, 2006
ATX
Flashed this on two phones running CleanROM 4.5, didn't change anything. Tried clearing all caches, reinstall of the ROM, etc.... nothing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Disable Tru Bass effect.

All the best
    I flashed this on a sense Rom, definitely made the external speaker louder, sounded nice and crisp. Flashed with twrp no problem

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
    its a mod, not an app. odex or deodex dont matter
    The only way I can flash this is if I do it through CWM Recovery?

Sent from my Evita.

nop, it works with twrp too
    Installed on ViperXL ROM - effect is ear-shattering!! Start off with low volume as he advises... This is a really noticeable mod. Thanks!

so it works on the speaker? how did u flash? cause i flashed wiping caches and i didnt notice a difference