[Q] Secret video recorder?

Search This thread

hurdlejade

Sep 29, 2012
Hi, has anyone been able to install and use some of the secret video recorders? Basically what I want to achieve is to press an icon, and start a background recording - with camera preview off, and preferably screen off (or just turn on the black screen). maybe we have some talented developers here that could write such an app specially for our gear? $$ donation guaranteed! :)

Reactions: tech9iner

NZ_Nitro

Apr 4, 2011
Hi, has anyone been able to install and use some of the secret video recorders? Basically what I want to achieve is to press an icon, and start a background recording - with camera preview off, and preferably screen off (or just turn on the black screen). maybe we have some talented developers here that could write such an app specially for our gear? $$ donation guaranteed! :)

Creep shots eh, bit dodgy dude cant see any other reason for it

Reactions: cvondra

cvondra

Nov 29, 2007
Best way to accomplish this is to use your Gear as a webcam and record the stream on your device.

Here is an old thread as a reference: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2540662&highlight=tinycam

But I concur your description on usage is disturbing.

hurdlejade

Sep 29, 2012
nothing wrong with my question, similar threads exists about voice recording.
i was looking for a way to record longer video clips, as some sort of dash cam when driving a warehouse trucks.

NZ_Nitro

Apr 4, 2011
nothing wrong with my question, similar threads exists about voice recording.
i was looking for a way to record longer video clips, as some sort of dash cam when driving a warehouse trucks.
Well I don't see why you would want secret recording in a truck this post is very very dodgy and should not be encouraged

hurdlejade

Sep 29, 2012
display is what consume most of the power on our gear. turn it off and you gain extra hours of functionality.
if i want to take creepy shots, there are better devices out there.

Deadman

Jan 5, 2004
Yes it works

I have to pro edition and it works. The thing is you should set the limit to 10 minutes and the resolution is 640x480 and you are good to go even with the screen off

Reactions: hurdlejade

R0CKSTAR3N3RGY

Jan 6, 2012
Chicago, IL
Clearly the people that are in the Galaxy Gear forum don't understand what you can and can't post.

This request is perfectly logical and is indeed in position to be fulfilled.

Secret recorders exist for sale on many websites, secret recorders exist for phones, secret recorders will exist for the Galaxy Gear. Someone will eventually develop an app specifically for the Galaxy Gear.

Secret recorders are not illegal, nor are they discouraged. In fact there are many practical uses for secret recorders, both video and audio.

You might be able to push an existing app to the gear via ADB, but I'm not sure if it will work/work properly.

Please stop filling threads with unhelpful responses.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

hurdlejade

Sep 29, 2012
thanks for clearing things up rockstar.

i just want to give an update - secret video recorder pro does work on our Gear, incl screen off. framerate seems to be lower than stock though.

Patosbuddy

Nov 30, 2011
Clearing up??
If you didn't called it secret recording, but instead called it something else normal people wouldn't think of you as a person that wanted to go around filming things normal people don't do.
Yes. Call me all fashion, but I don't want people to look at my galaxy gear and think of me as a pervert because someone has been busted using a secret video app on it. Then people start looking at gear as a toy for perverts.
I know spy camera is not used for only kinky stuff, but don't tell me the world needs them.
Do you want people to look at your watch and think bad of you?
If not I think the best way is to not let the media talk about the secret filming.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

NZ_Nitro

Apr 4, 2011
Clearing up??
If you didn't called it secret recording, but instead called it something else normal people wouldn't think of you as a person that wanted to go around filming things normal people don't do.
Yes. Call me all fashion, but I don't want people to look at my galaxy gear and think of me as a pervert because someone has been busted using a secret video app on it. Then people start looking at gear as a toy for perverts.
I know spy camera is not used for only kinky stuff, but don't tell me the world needs them.
Do you want people to look at your watch and think bad of you?
If not I think the best way is to not let the media talk about the secret filming.

I agree with you 110% even now I dont use the camera that much as I prefer my phone, for someone to ask for a video recorder where "the screen is off" is really asking for a camera that lets them film people without them knowing, anyone gets busted for doing this then we all get a bad name, I am all for development of our watch but im not into seeing "creepy software" being developed for this.

Camera sound off? yeah a good idea as I dont like drawing attention to my watch, Secret recording? no thanks just too creepy

hurdlejade

Sep 29, 2012
I agree with you 110% even now I dont use the camera that much as I prefer my phone, for someone to ask for a video recorder where "the screen is off" is really asking for a camera that lets them film people without them knowing, anyone gets busted for doing this then we all get a bad name, I am all for development of our watch but im not into seeing "creepy software" being developed for this.

Camera sound off? yeah a good idea as I dont like drawing attention to my watch, Secret recording? no thanks just too creepy

i'm sure google glass must be the ultimate pervert tool according to that way of thinking :)
turning off the sound is "as bad" as turning off the screen.

Patosbuddy

Nov 30, 2011
LOL. :D
Yes. The next ting is a pervert busted filming with secret cam by another with secret cam.
In my country it's not allowed to use "baby cam" filming your own child sleeping.
I guess that will change soon.
For people that have seen the series "person of interest" that may one day be possible :D.
Where ever you go you are being watched.
I don't even like the "dash cam's" in the cars but that's maybe because of the way I drive. :p.
Overall it's not good that in the future we are so controlled that every step we take are being watched by gps and camera.
But I understand it's to late to stop it.
As you know in new cars your face are being filmed while you drive and the car are filming where you drive and how fast.
The cars can be stopped remotely and so on.
In my country they want to use that to monitor people's driving an give them automatically tickets.
The speed wil automatically be limited for not much over the speed limit.
And of course stop the cars that are used in a crime.
From 2014 every little company has to monitor every step the the employee are doing all of the working day so that the government can establish if the workers are not working for black money and not paying tax.
It's starting to get crazy.
We called it big brother and science fiction a few years ago.
But in the end crime will probably be harder to do with out getting stopped before it happens.
But again. In my opinion normal people don't go around filming in secret, I understand people that say you are being filmed anyway by other devices.
Maybe in the future the popular thing is go to a non cam allowed restaurant or beach :)
Before it was not allowed with cameras in public toilets, but now its ok as long as you have a sign.
I guess I'm to old to like it.
Younger generation are more used to it.

daryldc1991

Oct 26, 2010
goldsboro
Personally I am loving the idea of the secret recorder and it should be called secret recorder. I think it would come in handy when being stopped or questioned by the police. I have heard and read about many situations were officers actually violate the rights of people they have sworn to protect. Another good use would be during a crime. The perpetrator could be recorded without even knowing he is being recorded. This would go a long way to catch a criminal. The possibilities are endless. I don't think that just because someone says they want secret recording we should automatically jump to the conclusion its for perverted reasons.

fbueller

Mar 28, 2006
I use the camera to shoot quick videos I'd otherwise miss of my 2 year old daughter. The problem is she knows what the camera is, so if she sees it on the screen she stops what she's doing and keeps saying 'I want to see it' because she likes watching herself. So I'd love a secret recorder so I could shoot a video of her candidly without her standing there asking to see the video the whole time.

Not everything is for Japanese perverted salarymen, dudes.

hurdlejade

Sep 29, 2012
I use the camera to shoot quick videos I'd otherwise miss of my 2 year old daughter. The problem is she knows what the camera is, so if she sees it on the screen she stops what she's doing and keeps saying 'I want to see it' because she likes watching herself. So I'd love a secret recorder so I could shoot a video of her candidly without her standing there asking to see the video the whole time.

watch your back, i'm sure one of the boston saints already called the police and marked you as a possible predator!
;)

in theory, problem is solved. i found the secret video recording app that is working with the gear.
you can get it at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zeronoiseapps.secretvideorecorderpro

when the camera is recording, watch face stays lit - you have to manually switch it off (it continues to record both video and audio).

klau1

Jan 1, 2008

Any tool can be used for good and bad. It's much better to risk the bad when you can do so much good with this.

Imagine recording the PIGS in the act of brutalizing innocent people on the streets. Recording a robberies, recording rape, etc.

But since this usage hasn't crossed your mind already, you're clearly one of the sheeps of society ready to turn a blind eye and bow your head to the powerful at every corner.

Loser

Last edited:

NZ_Nitro

Apr 4, 2011
Any tool can be used for good and bad. It's much better to risk the bad when you can do so much good with this.

Imagine recording the PIGS in the act of brutalizing innocent people on the streets. Recording a robberies, recording rape, etc.

But since this usage hasn't crossed your mind already, you're clearly one of the sheeps of society ready to turn a blind eye and bow your head to the powerful at every corner.

Loser

I take great offense in you calling the police "pigs" looser

klau1

Jan 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn22toRQ7_U

I have a friend who wants to be a cop. (he only told me because I was his best friend) He's got anger management issues. He told me he enjoys every legal chance he can get to beat on people violently. The team who he works with in the force, also takes the same enjoyment whenever legal. He's let me in on so many stories of him and his team beating on people once it's deemed legal. That's the excuse people like him need to be legally protected while unleashing their personal anger issues.

Eventually because of his anger issues, we stopped associating.

Every type of job attracts certain types of people. Think about it.

Last edited:

JimSmith94

Jul 21, 2007
Midlothian, TX
Smart Watches
Android Wear

I have a friend who wants to be a cop. (he only told me because I was his best friend) He's got anger management issues. He told me he enjoys every legal chance he can get to beat on people violently. The team who he works with in the force, also takes the same enjoyment whenever legal. He's let me in on so many stories of him and his team beating on people once it's deemed legal. That's the excuse people like him need to be legally protected while unleashing their personal anger issues.

I worked with several ex, off duty, and retired cops for about 20 years. There were a few nice guys but the majority fit your description exactly.

Reactions: tech9iner and klau1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Clearly the people that are in the Galaxy Gear forum don't understand what you can and can't post.

This request is perfectly logical and is indeed in position to be fulfilled.

Secret recorders exist for sale on many websites, secret recorders exist for phones, secret recorders will exist for the Galaxy Gear. Someone will eventually develop an app specifically for the Galaxy Gear.

Secret recorders are not illegal, nor are they discouraged. In fact there are many practical uses for secret recorders, both video and audio.

You might be able to push an existing app to the gear via ADB, but I'm not sure if it will work/work properly.

Please stop filling threads with unhelpful responses.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

Loser

I worked with several ex, off duty, and retired cops for about 20 years. There were a few nice guys but the majority fit your description exactly.