[Q] sd card second partition

Search This thread

mirul_up

Aug 23, 2013
which one is better? ext2, ext3, ext4 or FAT32? and using what tools I should partition the sdcard?
I am using cm9.2.2

before that, I partition sdcard with Amonra Recovery with ext2 and use link2sd and have a problem, some times sdcard removed unexpected, when I reboot sdcard is not read, I pull out the sdcard and insert, and sdcard read normally. I reboot and sdcard not read again, I do this many time and finally can read sdcard. but it happens over and over again. I try to format the phone and install app, move app like unrooted phone, the sdcard work fine..when I try use ext2 with link2sd some times its happend again.,
help me..sorry for my bad english, I am Indonesian.
thank you before..

chalo99

Oct 5, 2013
If you want to know what other people use to do this here I come:

How I make the ext partition:
Minitool partition wizard (windows)
Gparted (Linux)
Clockwork 6.0 (only for CM10+)
I didn't have any trouble with that programs, but be careful with the Clockwork because formats ALL the SD card, the ext and the fat partition, so make sure you do a backup of the SD.

Format of the second partition:
Always ext4

Link App
Link2sd is the best, other caused troubles over the time (reboots, not reading the sd, not reading the ext partition, etc)

mirul_up

Aug 23, 2013
If you want to know what other people use to do this here I come:

How I make the ext partition:
Minitool partition wizard (windows)
Gparted (Linux)
Clockwork 6.0 (only for CM10+)
I didn't have any trouble with that programs, but be careful with the Clockwork because formats ALL the SD card, the ext and the fat partition, so make sure you do a backup of the SD.

Format of the second partition:
Always ext4

Link App
Link2sd is the best, other caused troubles over the time (reboots, not reading the sd, not reading the ext partition, etc)

before that, I've use ext4, but cm9 not support, I change the kernel and still not support ext4, when I use ext3 its work fine..,

chalo99

Oct 5, 2013
before that, I've use ext4, but cm9 not support, I change the kernel and still not support ext4, when I use ext3 its work fine..,

I used ext4 in all CM from 7 to 11 and no trouble, but always formatting after every wipe with gparted or minitool, because Clockwork 5.0 seem to not format well the ext partition, so after every wipe you should reformat with those programs.

Left4DeadMW

Oct 31, 2011
Skopje
Ext4 works great.
(Partition it with AmonRa recovery for a 100% guarantee of success, buggs with clockwork)

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

Reactions: mirul_up

Top Liked Posts