new to z2

Search This thread

brockyneo

Jan 17, 2010
In The Matrix
Hi guys I'm new to the z2 from HTC m8 just a question I've been looking around but not sure about something

I don't want to unlock my bootloader as I will loose xreallity ect am I right in saying we cannot root or flash a custom rom ect without unlocking the bootloader

If so I'll stick to stock for now lol

Oh and I've cleaned the ports as they was mucky and use a cotton bud but got the indicator a bit wet what's the best way to turn it white again

Thanks guys btw loving this phone over the m8

feis

Dec 30, 2008
Only thing you lose by unlocking bl is warranty, and not in every case, everything else works just fine. But you can also root without unlocking, just take a look, there isnt that many threads in development section...

club968

Apr 18, 2009
So unlocking bootloader doesn't loose xreallity ect

no, you won't lose it unless you flash. i've unlocked and rooted without the need to backup the ta partition. the only thing i felt the Z2 was missing was unobstructed use of the SD card....so rooting was all i needed. I feel the phone is now perfect.

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2775411

Have a breeze through this thread

There may be some useful info in the FAQ section

The xreality loss is weridly device country or brand spesific, very odd so i cant tell much there, any old Fw before 402 you should have no loss if you unlock, i recomend backing up your TA partition before unlocking or rooting via locked bootloader

Edit-battery life for Z2 is amazing, 1d 2hr 38m on battery with 26% left with 3hrs of screen on time, (moderate usage)

I cant attach screenshots for somereason on a already posted post

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited: