[Q] User unable to ask question

Search This thread

smcone

Aug 21, 2014
Please forgive me if this post is not in a format normally recognized, but I guess that I am not allowed to post my question in the actual place it belongs because I have not posted 10 times yet. I have followed this forum since 2012 ever since I bought a Samsung Note 10.1 and received a great deal of knowledge from it.

I am not exactly a newbie, I am 57 years old, have an BSEE since 1980, have used and maintained computers since the earliest days (1975),
have owned and used several tablets since 2010, have rooted and used alternate roms since 2011. Also I have owned about every high-power PDA that was made in the 1980's and 1990's -(the predecessor to tablets ).

But I guess that I am not going to know why the current version of Cyanogenmod 11.0 will not read USB Thumbdrives. So far no one else has stated this problem so there is very little need for me to search the forum because it is not there- I have read each and every post.

I guess that I will have to check back each day (like I do now), to see if anyone else has that problem and reports it. If not, I will have to wipe my tablet and use some other ROM and start over- and again, I will have a forum where I won't be allowed to post in.

What kind of posts am I expected to make if I really don't have something to contribute that is worthwhile?
I'm not even allowed to post ....."me too" or "good job" except in this "General Forum.

ROM][CM11.0][18/08/2014]Unofficial Cyanogenmod for n8010/n8013/n8000
I am using a N8000.

Steven Carlozzi

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Its the rules is why just like the rule is to use Q&A section for questions .
Its easy enough to make ten valid posts see XDA Forum rules . Start by asking your question re CM in the question and answers forum .
The main reason for ten posts is to stop repetitive questions in development .
Now you may have only one post but are of a far higher user knowledge than many with 100 posts and are going to post a valid question that has not been posted before . But how on earth is it known beforehand your validity .

chappatti

Sep 3, 2007
Please forgive me if this post is not in a format normally recognized, but I guess that I am not allowed to post my question in the actual place it belongs because I have not posted 10 times yet. I have followed this forum since 2012 ever since I bought a Samsung Note 10.1 and received a great deal of knowledge from it.

I am not exactly a newbie, I am 57 years old, have an BSEE since 1980, have used and maintained computers since the earliest days (1975),
have owned and used several tablets since 2010, have rooted and used alternate roms since 2011. Also I have owned about every high-power PDA that was made in the 1980's and 1990's -(the predecessor to tablets ).

But I guess that I am not going to know why the current version of Cyanogenmod 11.0 will not read USB Thumbdrives. So far no one else has stated this problem so there is very little need for me to search the forum because it is not there- I have read each and every post.

I guess that I will have to check back each day (like I do now), to see if anyone else has that problem and reports it. If not, I will have to wipe my tablet and use some other ROM and start over- and again, I will have a forum where I won't be allowed to post in.

What kind of posts am I expected to make if I really don't have something to contribute that is worthwhile?
I'm not even allowed to post ....."me too" or "good job" except in this "General Forum.

ROM][CM11.0][18/08/2014]Unofficial Cyanogenmod for n8010/n8013/n8000
I am using a N8000.

Steven Carlozzi

To more specifically answer the technical question, CM11 as well as Kitkat 4.4 has a problem with OTG nd USB. HOWEVER, if you flash the Gnabo v6 ROM and the as Lord Boeffla for his alpha2 kernel in the same thread, you will most likely be haapy to see USB OTG working. See for e.g.

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2601018

Good luck! And just keep posting and youll break the barrier...:laugh:

EDIT: I just saw you have N8000, which is touch-n-go withe the kernel. N8013 has proved very successful...

Last edited: