Stock messaging doesn't have quick reply option?

Search This thread

tu3218

Apr 14, 2009
I thought the stock Kit Kat messaging had the quick reply option in the pull down. As well as the "read" and "call" options. Has that been taken out? Talking about same thing with Gmail and how you can quick reply just from the pull down.

DanRyb

Jun 6, 2010
Los Angeles
As far as I know, that was never available on any version of Android unfortunately. I had those options in the notification pull down when I used CM Messages app.

I thought the stock Kit Kat messaging had the quick reply option in the pull down. As well as the "read" and "call" options. Has that been taken out? Talking about same thing with Gmail and how you can quick reply just from the pull down.

mpetruzz

Nov 25, 2010
I just installed evolvesms and its pretty sweet.

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

tu3218

Apr 14, 2009
Yeah that's interesting. Well I'll just continue to use 8sms. Has the quick reply feature if anyone was looking for it.

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

spencer88

Apr 19, 2010
Columbia, SC

That's the modified CM messaging app you're talking about. I wish stock android had that as that's probably the feature I miss most of CM.