(Q) Update CWM for Flashing 4.4.2 ROM

Search This thread

kalitza

Jan 31, 2012
Hey guys.

I'm on 4.3, rooted with CWM 6.0.2.3. (just got this phone).

I want to flash a 4.4.2 Rom but every1 says to update CWM to 6.0.4.5 or above, i've tried via adb commands but not succedded, tried via KIt and flashed successfully but when entering the CWM, it still the 0.2.3. :S

Is there any flashable zip or something?

How to update the bootloader to support the 44.2 roms?

I've searched around but no direct answer.... feelling so dumb at this point ... (done all of this with Htc, samsung, lg and with a Nexus cant get it done ... damn).

Thanks a lot in advance!!

mrgnex

Jan 10, 2013
Vlaardingen
osm0sis has flashable zips. And otherwise download the image and flash via fastboot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

sananth

Apr 10, 2010
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
How about TWRP?

Hey guys.

I'm on 4.3, rooted with CWM 6.0.2.3. (just got this phone).

I want to flash a 4.4.2 Rom but every1 says to update CWM to 6.0.4.5 or above, i've tried via adb commands but not succedded, tried via KIt and flashed successfully but when entering the CWM, it still the 0.2.3. :S

Is there any flashable zip or something?

How to update the bootloader to support the 44.2 roms?

I've searched around but no direct answer.... feelling so dumb at this point ... (done all of this with Htc, samsung, lg and with a Nexus cant get it done ... damn).

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Have you considered using TWRP instead? I have found it to be much better and have been using it for years on my Nexus. Just download the "Goo Manager" app from the play store, and make sure you are rooted.

Once installed, click on the menu button and then press "Install OpenRecovery Script". This should install the latest TWRP for your nexus, and after that, you should have a nice touch based recovery with buttons and other cool functionality as opposed to struggling with CWM.

I am currently running Omnimetal 4.4.2 and it is blazing fast and smooth. My battery lasts at least 2 days now, and standby (using groove ip on wifi) is also close to a week :laugh:

Best of Luck!