Dell Axim X51v ROM by Football&mun_rus

Search This thread

LlabTooFeR

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2007
llabtoofer.com
I am glad to you will present a ROM. After many attempts and researches, I together with mun_rus, misar and other people have created this ROM on the basis of AKU 3.5.2.
Many thanks for utilities mamaich and bepe.

What I delete from ROM:
1.It was removed Transcriber.
2.MSN Messendger.

Bugs:
1.Notification windows not at center(use fix ti resolve this problem)

How to install my ROM:
1. To unpack an insertion in root SD of a card it there should be in FAT32 differently an insertion will not begin.
2. To press simultaneously WI-FI+POWER+RESET
3. Not releasing buttons Wi-Fi+POWER to wait window occurrences bootloader.
4. Continue installation.

Fix notification windows(Thanks paveld)
Fix VGAKEY bug(Thanks Metazoa)

Original thread of my ROM(On Russian)

A17 ROM

Last edited:

jackleung

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 10, 2005
USA
Hi Football,

Glad to see you post yr rom here since I can't read Russian in yr original thread (I saw yr post on Aximsite before and too bad that post get removed).

Any idea why the CF is not working? This rom is not useful for me if CF is not working.

LlabTooFeR

May 26, 2007
llabtoofer.com
Hi Football,

Glad to see you post yr rom here since I can't read Russian in yr original thread (I saw yr post on Aximsite before and too bad that post get removed).

Any idea why the CF is not working? This rom is not useful for me if CF is not working.

Now I have exams and can't working with ROM after 13 of June I will continue working.

Gtech

Aug 2, 2005
Very good luck on your up and coming exams, fingers crossed for you.

Excellent work on the ROM, just installed it on my X51V and its sooo much smoother and faster.

Can't wait for you to bring the next one out, hopefully more features of WM6 and the CF working :)

All the best

Graeme

Lemark

Dec 19, 2005
Lawrence
@football
Can you plz upload the dll files so that we can change the system icons? It is possible to change them by replacing the original files in windows folder, right?

LlabTooFeR

May 26, 2007
llabtoofer.com
Yes it's possible, copy shellres192.dll from windows folder and use reshacker to replace icons,after use Resco Explorer and replace original shellres.Then reboot device and you have new icons in your device.But if you have problems install cab from attach.

Last edited:

Lemark

Dec 19, 2005
Lawrence
Yes it's possible, copy shellres192.dll from windows folder and use reshacker to replace icons,after use Resco Explorer and replace original shellres.Then reboot device and you have new icons in your device.But if you have problems install cab from attach.
So will u plz upload the shellres 192.dll files? I only want to change the system icons without reflashing it. I'll wait untill the SD problem fixed. Thank you

dy2592

Oct 11, 2006
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 8T
Will this work on a axil x30 or does anyone know of any wm6 cooked rom for this. I still have this old model and thought I could maybe upgrade it to make it usable again

rumble291

Feb 20, 2007
Nice work football! is there any chance you could make a QVGA version because i have an X51 it would be great if you can. Thanks,

Kurt

P.S goodluck with your exams

Mystik

Nov 9, 2006
Hamilton
i just wanted to say, thanks football, i havn't tried your rom yet, but when CF is fixed, i likely will. i was referenced to this thread from aximsite, and i'm signed in here for a different reason.

anyways, keep up the awesome stuff. i'll keep tuned in for the updated (CF Working) version, and the WM6 build (if there ever is one :p )

deceiver

Jun 1, 2007
I installed the ROM and a german axim and everything (besides CF) works. The axim is now way faster, more stable and I got more free memory.

Thank you football!!