[ROM][12-7]TPC v3 2.3.5 | Da_G OC Kernel | IMG Flash | ATT | Rogers |

Search This thread

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
About 30 hours now on TPC ROM + 0.3 and 0.4 Da_G kernel.
No problems really.
But 4G HSPA download speeds have never gone above 6Mbps, while I can often get up to 9Mbps at certain times of the day in certain locations.
So I'm missing up to 3Mbps download speeds.

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

No problems really.
But 4G HSPA download speeds have never gone above 6Mbps, while I can often get up to 9Mbps at certain times of the day in certain locations.

Just flashed SkyROCKeteer and it's not doing any better download-wise either.

twopumpchump

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Moderator
Aug 10, 2008
Kentucky
m-s-j.net
Google Pixel 6 Pro
No problems really.

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Just flashed SkyROCKeteer and it's not doing any better download-wise either.

Data speeds vary so much it is virtually impossible to test on rom over another one unless you have two phones testing at the same time. There is no reason I can think of that would make this rom have slower data speeds...all of the apn/csv files came from the att stock rom and i haven't changed anything in build.prop. I have tested my speeds and they seem to be around the same as they were with the att stock, but like i said it is nearly impossible to be for sure.

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Data works (non-LTE user) & has 4G icon.
Phone works.
Shutdown screen has that ugly red Rogers animation.
Shutdown menu is pretty nice.
It may have a Da_G kernel but it does not have options to overclock using ROM Toolbox.
Even though I wiped everything I normally do, it still had my snowy lake background wallpaper from my previous ROM. That's weird.
Antutu score was 6482 on second try (class 10 sd card).
I had to sync twice with Google account for some reason. CM7 ROM was making me do that also.
MMS sent & received a picture quicker than it ever has. Super impressed right there.
Speedtest is getting average HSPA speeds that I'm used to for this time of day.
Weather is in Celcius.
Don't see Navigation or Maps installed.
I downloaded & installed Maps.
Told it I wanted to go to Taco Bell.
And it gave me directions from my location in Texas to a Taco Bell in freakin Canada. LOL
But at least it was in MPH and not that silly KPH stuff. ;)
Reboots are pretty quick.
Nice ROM!

Last edited:

topprospect

Nov 28, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Yes, agreed, this rom is fast. As a bonus I installed Da_G's 0.3 kernel and went from AnTuTu ~6400's to ~6900's. (that's with overclocking to 1782 though)

twopumpchump

Aug 10, 2008
Kentucky
m-s-j.net
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Data works (non-LTE user) & has 4G icon.
Phone works.
Shutdown screen has that ugly red Rogers animation.
----i will get rid of that for next version
Shutdown menu is pretty nice.
It may have a Da_G kernel but it does not have options to overclock using ROM Toolbox.
--OP says it is the stock kernel, only unsecured and with init.d support....go flash Da_G kernel if you want to oc.
Even though I wiped everything I normally do, it still had my snowy lake background wallpaper from my previous ROM. That's weird.
---my walpaper gets restored by my google act when i flash
Antutu score was 6482 on second try (class 10 sd card).
---again, go flash Da_G's kernel...for stock kernel that is a good benchmark
I had to sync twice with Google account for some reason. CM7 ROM was making me do that also.
--i only had to sync once, not sure why you had this happen
MMS sent & received a picture quicker than it ever has. Super impressed right there.
Speedtest is getting average HSPA speeds that I'm used to for this time of day.
Weather is in Celcius.
Don't see Navigation or Maps installed.
I downloaded & installed Maps.
Told it I wanted to go to Taco Bell.
And it gave me directions from my location in Texas to a Taco Bell in freakin Canada. LOL
But at least it was in MPH and not that silly KPH stuff. ;)
--you must have deleted data after you flashed my rom? maps and alot of other apps are in the /data/app/ folder. Maps show local restaurants for me and others on IRC, check in settings and see what the default country is. There is a script that runs at boot that changes it to english_US if that didnt run for you i suggest you reflash doing a factory reset before you flash my rom.
Reboots are pretty quick.
Nice ROM!

twopumpchump

Aug 10, 2008
Kentucky
m-s-j.net
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I misunderstood this to mean the ROM included DA_G's kernel. :)
Yes, I did delete cache/data after flashing the ROM.

I think if you re-flash and not wipe data afterwards you will have a much better experience :) The rom wipes data, system, cache for you...you only have to delete dalvik cache and it will be fine.

Global Swag

Nov 4, 2011
After flashing i had 4g(no lte in area) after putting the correct wap.cingular apn. Then put wifi on for a while. Turned wifi off, and it never connects back to 4g. No way to manually make it happen. Rebooted, and it did the same thing all over again. Doesnt seem to be able to connect back to 4g after having wifi for a while. Good job otherwise though...back to flashing stock :/

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda premium

twopumpchump

Aug 10, 2008
Kentucky
m-s-j.net
Google Pixel 6 Pro
After flashing i had 4g(no lte in area) after putting the correct wap.cingular apn. Then put wifi on for a while. Turned wifi off, and it never connects back to 4g. No way to manually make it happen. Rebooted, and it did the same thing all over again. Doesnt seem to be able to connect back to 4g after having wifi for a while. Good job otherwise though...back to flashing stock :/

Did you change the apn from what was default in the rom?

Reactions: tal0s

Global Swag

Nov 4, 2011
Did you change the apn from what was default in the rom?

Yes. With the correct wap.cingular one that i have always used since there is no lte in my area. I wish it worked for me, the mms and everything else works perfectly. Still appreciate your work man, everything was stable for me besides that.

EDIT: When i had wifi on, it also showed both the 4g and wifi signal at the same time. Whenever i browsed a site it animated the yellow lines from the 4g showing that im using it, even though my wifi was connected. Might be a little bug around there, or im just very unlucky (which is never new to me) lol

Last edited:

y2kalpha

Nov 3, 2006
Near Atlanta/Alpharetta
V2 is running fine, however, i am getting pixelated screen on black part of the video. Video issue is the only drawback to this smooth and fast Rom.
Thank you for your effort and if you can find a time to look into this, it will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again ....

Edit: nevermind ..it was problem with video files. Best Rom for Skyrocket so far

Sent from my SGH-I727 using XDA App

Last edited:

Global Swag

Nov 4, 2011
I don't think you're supposed to use the Cingular APN with the latest modem. The issues that required the Cingular APN were supposedly resolved.
I'm just going by what I *think* I remember reading though.

I have always used the wap.cingular one for 4g. My dad has an atrix 2 and his came with it. You no longer need the CINGULAR1 password anymore though if that's what your talking about

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

twopumpchump

Aug 10, 2008
Kentucky
m-s-j.net
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Yes. With the correct wap.cingular one that i have always used since there is no lte in my area. I wish it worked for me, the mms and everything else works perfectly. Still appreciate your work man, everything was stable for me besides that.

EDIT: When i had wifi on, it also showed both the 4g and wifi signal at the same time. Whenever i browsed a site it animated the yellow lines from the 4g showing that im using it, even though my wifi was connected. Might be a little bug around there, or im just very unlucky (which is never new to me) lol

If you use the default apn that comes with the rom, you won't have any problems.

Reactions: Global Swag

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is based on the official Rogers Stock ROM, and has been optimized for both AT&T and Rogers users. It will wipe your data so be sure and do a nandroid backup before you flash. This ROM uses a new method to flash, it flashes a complete system.img.ext4 to the system partition...similar to an ODIN flash but without tripping the flash counter. The IMG file is modified from the original stock with all permissions preserved which should provide you with a ROM as stable as Stock Odin Flash and with all speed/features of a custom ROM. Special thanks to Da_G for all his help with the ROM, and providing us with a great custom kernel :) You should have a stable, fast, reliable ROM suitable for everyday use with this release.

changelog for v3

--added bootanimation...if you dont like mine you can get the ics one here. or stock sgs2 here

--added blue circle battery

--used completely new flashing method, for the ultimate in speed, stability, battery life.

--changed "favourites" to "favorites" in contacts menu(att version)

--added Rogers version for all you Canadians :)

--added Da_G's kernel, you can OC with an app like systemtuner, setcpu, etc.

--patched libhardware_legacy.so from Da_G to allow 192 min frequency.

--updated busybox and bash again(thanks Da_G)

changelog for v2

1. add EN USA language

2. added extended power menu

3. move all market apps to /data/app/

4. replace more Rogers files with ATT for better compatibility with AT&T network

5. added CRT off animation

6. added some tweaks for speed

7. change 4g icons to AT&T

8. added visual voice mail from AT&T

9. add AOSP gb keyboard

10. replace host file with adfree version

11. added rom manager, titanium backup, flashlight, systune(free version) updated other market apps

12. removed rogers bloatware

13. added sysrw/sysro to /system/xbin/

14. insecure stock kernel with init.d and busybox run-parts

15. updated busybox and bash---latest versions compiled by Da_G

16. added % stock battery

17. deodexed and zipaligned--includes script to automatically zipalign any new apps you install

SC20111121-210259.png
    SC20111127-194712.png

I am in no way responsible for anything bad that may happen to your device...flash at your own risk!

Download TPC v3 for AT&T -- HERE

Download TPC v3 for Rogers -- HERE

Download TPC v2 HERE

Download TPC Rogers Stock ROM for AT&T v1Here
    Hi guys, just wanted to give you an update on where I am at right now with the rom. Last weekend I purchased a new pc and I have spent most all of my free time since getting it set up to work with linux/android. My plans for v4 include a theme, 14 toggle mod, and a few other surprises :) I really want to be able to finish it soon, but with the holidays coming up my time will be extremely limited. I appreciate all the kind words and support from everybody and just wanted you all to know where I am at....please be patient I am doing the best i can.
    Thanks twopumpchump.

Could you assist me with the script?

Ridilen

Here is the script i use, its in flashable zip format. Be warned...if for some reason this makes you have a bootloop you will have to use ADB to delete the script /system/etc/init.d/99oc to fix it. This is what works for me, it is OC to 1.72mh and min level is 192 with ondemand governor. Just because this works for me, does not mean it will work for you...flash at your own risk. DO NOT USE ANY CPU TUNER APPS WITH THIS SCRIPT.
    lol another ex Tilt/Kaiser user here. Good to see a familiar chef here on the Skyrocket forum. Got a lot of reading to do before I flash a new rom or root or whatever I gotta do...lol
    Can't wait to try out your rom TPC!

Hey rkub! Good to see you here! Is this your first android device? If so just root your device with zerg rush install rom manager/cwm then flash my rom! Since you are on att you should also flash a radio...try them all if you want :)

v2 up, link in OP.