Google Drive offline cache

Search This thread

zomebody

Sep 16, 2010
Hi there

Yesterday I signed up for the new Google Drive. Got it set up on my computer and on my Desire and started syncing files between the two. But when I tried to make the files available offline on my phone I wasnt able to. I think it has something to do with the offline cache on my phone beeing so small(Only 25 mb). Ive seen somewhere that on other phones the cache starts at 50 mb and you can choose up to 250mb in cache.

Why isnt that possible on my Desire? I know the app is new and all that but I cant understand why it is different on the Desire compaired to other android phones. ive got plenty of space on my SD card and i dont think it is saved in the internal memory.

Anyways, would be awesome if anyone had an answer to this issue.

Thanks in advance :)

cixpa

Feb 18, 2012
I also have a problem with Google Drive offline access, don't now if it's the same as you.

With Google Drive online, no problem, it is downloading the file, and then opening the corresponding external app.

But if I set the file on offline acces, then the behaviour is depending on the file:
- with pdf file, no problem, the file is downloaded into Google Drive data folder on the SD card, with a copy in the data partition and opened with Adobe reader.
- with xls file, the file is only downloaded into Google Drive data folder on the SD card, and then Docs to Go isn't able to open it (looking for it on the data partition).

Last edited: