[DICUSSION][UNOFFICIAL][CM9][WEEKLIES]Android ICS 4.0.4

Search This thread

beertown

Dec 2, 2010
Solved the battery consumption I reported two pages ago (thanks to jaibar's advice).

Now I'm on PREMATURE, and quite happy :)

I've found two little problems, and they seem to me still unreported (forgive me if they are):

- Switching on the phone, It goes in offline charge mode even if the charger isn't plugged. I can boot going through recovery.

- After using wifi tethering, wifi cannot be turned on for normal use; the ON-OFF slider in the settings activity remains off. After some attempts to switch it on, the phone reboots.

Thank you.

iamabot

Oct 7, 2011
Corvallis, OR
Just uninstall the preinstalled one, go to play store and install the gingerbread voice search from there (downloaded by default while installing)

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

I'm so unaccustomed to doing anything with my root rights other than flashing ROM's I forget how easy it is to uninstall system apps. . . :eek:

Used Titanium Backup to uninstall Voice Search, did just as you suggested and downloaded from Market and installed, working like new :D.

Thanks for the assistance.

xu3sno

Jun 12, 2012
UTC +11
Solved the battery consumption I reported two pages ago (thanks to jaibar's advice).

Now I'm on PREMATURE, and quite happy :)

I've found two little problems, and they seem to me still unreported (forgive me if they are):

- Switching on the phone, It goes in offline charge mode even if the charger isn't plugged. I can boot going through recovery.

- After using wifi tethering, wifi cannot be turned on for normal use; the ON-OFF slider in the settings activity remains off. After some attempts to switch it on, the phone reboots.

Thank you.

Pull out the battery, insert it again, boot it into recovery mode by pressing POWER+VOL UP+HOME buttons, go to Advance, Wipe Battery Stats, then Reboot system, works for me. Never experienced such offline charge mode again. :)

beertown

Dec 2, 2010
It didn't worked for me, either.
I didn't know about holding down power button to boot normally. thanks!

dollarside

Jun 13, 2012
Error during installation: (bad) installation aborted

Hi everybody, I am new here so hope I can be helpful here.

Seems like there are a couple of people seeing this problem as well.

Anyway, so I have LG P500 and I was running CM7 (old bb) before I tried to install CM9. I used CWM 5.(something) for the following process. I followed the instructions from this page

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1614420

exactly step by step. After the last step of the first part (where I end up flashing a new BB). Right after I rebooted into recovery-->wiped data-->wipe cache partition. It loads for about 3 seconds and gives me a message that looks something like this:

E: sd/(the directory for the .zip) cannot be opened
(bad)
installation aborted.

I searched on forums to find these proposed fixes and tried them which didn't work:
-enabling/disabling signature verification
-installing the room from CWM inside system
-Renaming the .zip files
-redownling the .zip file more than 3 times, did a MD5 check after moved to SD

The only thing I did not follow "exactly" was this one:
Partition sdcard: swap-size: 64MB, Ext2-size: 300MB, Continue partitioning, SD:ext2 to ext3

for Ext2-size I only had options of 280 (around there) and 512MB, so I did 512. And I don't know what I'm supposed to do with "ext2 to ext3"

Other than that, I followed the guide pretty closely.

What's happening? :confused: Please help!:)

vatsal28

Sep 12, 2011
Help

i need help... :confused: ... i installed CM9 on my lg optimus one and i cant seem to get the setting to switch to 3G from 2G , earlier it was in the wireless and networks settings ,but now it isn't ,how do i switch on only 3G data?? I'm stuck on 2G ...please ...help would be appreciated :)

lipe082

Dec 25, 2010
porto
i need help... :confused: ... i installed CM9 on my lg optimus one and i cant seem to get the setting to switch to 3G from 2G , earlier it was in the wireless and networks settings ,but now it isn't ,how do i switch on only 3G data?? I'm stuck on 2G ...please ...help would be appreciated :)

Its like that beneath bluetooth click in more and you will see network settings.

androidmeda

Dec 16, 2010
Manila
Apollo doesn't respond to the volume rocker keys when set to skip music on hold down. The back/pause/next track buttons on the lockscreen don't work as well. Same with the now playing in the notification pull-down. Dunno if this is CM9 related or just Apollo... or just me.

Last edited:

SvetlioMilev

Jul 10, 2011
Plovdiv
Apollo doesn't respond to the volume rocker keys when set to skip music on hold down. The back/pause/next track buttons on the lockscreen don't work as well. Same with the now playing in the notification pull-down. Dunno if this is CM9 related or just Apollo... or just me.
Work fine here ...

SetZ

Sep 21, 2011
Hello! I just flashed this sweet ROM and somehow when I open the calendar and clock, it says "Unfortunately, Calendar/Clock has stopped.". Was this a problem to any of you who flashed this ROM?

I'm sorry if this problem has been attended to already and I brought it up again. Or is it just me?

Thanks!

xu3sno

Jun 12, 2012
UTC +11
Hi everybody, I am new here so hope I can be helpful here.

Seems like there are a couple of people seeing this problem as well.

Anyway, so I have LG P500 and I was running CM7 (old bb) before I tried to install CM9. I used CWM 5.(something) for the following process. I followed the instructions from this page

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1614420

exactly step by step. After the last step of the first part (where I end up flashing a new BB). Right after I rebooted into recovery-->wiped data-->wipe cache partition. It loads for about 3 seconds and gives me a message that looks something like this:

E: sd/(the directory for the .zip) cannot be opened
(bad)
installation aborted.

I searched on forums to find these proposed fixes and tried them which didn't work:
-enabling/disabling signature verification
-installing the room from CWM inside system
-Renaming the .zip files
-redownling the .zip file more than 3 times, did a MD5 check after moved to SD

The only thing I did not follow "exactly" was this one:

for Ext2-size I only had options of 280 (around there) and 512MB, so I did 512. And I don't know what I'm supposed to do with "ext2 to ext3"

Other than that, I followed the guide pretty closely.

What's happening? :confused: Please help!:)

No need to wipe cache partition, just wipe data/factory reset, then go to advanced>Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Ignore ext2 to ext3, CWM5 automagically made ext4 partition (I guess). Link2SD will make no error if you chose ext4 during installing mount scripts. Hope it help.

melando

Aug 27, 2010
London
Google Pixel 6
What works:
- GPS, Sensors, Lights, Touch screen

Proximity sensor does NOT work properly, several users have noted
May be device-dependent but the bug is real
I have tried various fixes but no real success
Sensor works fine with (thunderg) CM7 builds but in CM9 builds it just locks up when an object is detected. I cannot for example use keypad during phone calls.
Until this is fixed, can we have a patch to disable the sensor? The build.prop mod widely reported elsewhere ("gsm.proximity.enable=false") does not work...
The only fully effective solution I have found is to delete sensors.goldfish.so and sensors.p500.so - there must be a better answer

ravitkhurana

Jun 11, 2012
I've got a better sol

Proximity sensor does NOT work properly, several users have noted
May be device-dependent but the bug is real
I have tried various fixes but no real success
Sensor works fine with (thunderg) CM7 builds but in CM9 builds it just locks up when an object is detected. I cannot for example use keypad during phone calls.
Until this is fixed, can we have a patch to disable the sensor? The build.prop mod widely reported elsewhere ("gsm.proximity.enable=false") does not work...
The only fully effective solution I have found is to delete sensors.goldfish.so and sensors.p500.so - there must be a better answer

Deleting them will also disable the accelerometer and magnetic sensor. You don't need to delete either of them. Just hex-edit the sensors.p500.so and replace all the occurrences of "Proximity" with "Proximiti" (or anything else).

For me this disabled the proximity sensor while the other sensors (acc. meter and magnetic) are still functional.

I guess this should help until someone builds an official patch.

Reactions: melando

melando

Aug 27, 2010
London
Google Pixel 6
Deleting them will also disable the accelerometer and magnetic sensor. You don't need to delete either of them. Just hex-edit the sensors.p500.so and replace all the occurrences of "Proximity" with "Proximiti" (or anything else).

For me this disabled the proximity sensor while the other sensors (acc. meter and magnetic) are still functional.

I guess this should help until someone builds an official patch.

Thanks... Do you have an edited version you can post, if you already did this?

t3tr1s

Mar 25, 2011
About the proximity sensor

For me, the proximity sensor bug is not always present. Sometimes, after making a call, the screen is black, but sometimes it works properly.

On the other hand, most "black screens" happened when I wasn't in a call, such as when alarm went off or even when using gps.

I don't see the proximity sensor as the only cause for this bug. Maybe it's two bugs with different causes, but with the same consequence.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will get back to you soon as possible!!!
    Usb mass storage solved!

Finally I did it after couple of hours. It's problem of MTP USB windows drivers. After checking 'Mass storage' in phone, installing new 3.7.2 drivers, updating SDK to new version then you have to go to folder Windows/inf/ and delete this files wpdmtp.inf and wpdmtp.PNF but backup it FIRST!!.

After this procedure u will have full working USB Mass Storage :D
    As u know HepHappy has started a new thread for his new build of CM9 based on CAF Kernel,this thread means for all discussions & off-topics.So please share your experience with the rom & ofcourse the OTs :D
    PLEASE DO NOT POLLUTE THE DEV THREAD​

Details About The Rom

Link to the DEV thread -->> HERE

What works:
    - Full H/W acceleration with new adreno drivers, 3D (yamato)
    - Funny SIM (128k USIMs)
    - Calls, SMS, MMS, 3G/2G, Mobile data
    - Wireless, Bluetooth, Bluetooth tethering
    - Data limit, IPv4, IPv6
    - Stereo audio, headset
    - GPS, Sensors, Lights, Touch screen
    - Usb Mass storage, Usb debugging
    - Browser, GMail, GPlay

What doesn't work:
    - Wifi tethering & USB tethering, Offline charging: needs usb driver update from 3.0 kernel
    - FM Radio: not implemented in CM yet
    - Camera: needs OpenMaX(omx) libraries for armv6 and kernel update

Releases are usefull for daily usage.
    It is almost stable, so it is called prerelease.

fvln9x.jpg

Link: update-cm-9.0.0-BLUEPILL-p500-FINAL-signed.zip
    Mirror: update-cm-9.0.0-BLUEPILL-p500-FINAL-signed.zip

ICS 4.0.4 WEEKLIES (New Baseband only)

New downloadlocations will be made public HERE

Google Apps (Play, Talk, News and Weather)
    Link:gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

Installation

Hold down VOL DOWN + HOME + POWER keys to enter recovery (AmonRA or CMW)
    Make a nandroid back up
    Make full wipe (except wipe sd) for the first time installation
    Flash from ZIP: Select ROM and reboot
    Flash GAPPS and reboot
    Have fun!

HOW TO SEND BUG REPORTS

Hold down VOL_DOWN + MENU keys for 2 seconds, release when vibrated.
    Wait 20-30 seconds, it will vibrate again.
    Send me: /sdcard/bugreports/bugreport.txt
    It's on DropBox, but it's suspended due to excessive bandwith :D
    Will upload to another place too.
    Now working on fixing volume problems, so you need to wait till that build is finished.

News from Hephappy

N E W S (Feb 23, 2013)
    9.2.ALPHA-GenetICS-PLUS has been released with 3.0.8 kernel

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?j7mxfmohwq32zrm