[Q] Here's the deal, r800a bootloader

Search This thread
Okay here's the deal, I just bought myself an Xperia Play r800a locked to Telstra (Australia) and after using an unlocked Galaxy ACE for over a year switching to the locked bootloader on the play is extremely restricting. Now I've read about the whole testpoint unlock and everything, I've also looked at the official unlock although at the same time I learnt that this does not work for the r800a so what I'm wondering is will a carrier unlock allow for a bootloader unlock on the phone or...?

I did purchase a sim unlock code although I won't have this for another week or so and I still have time to cancel the order so I really need to know if I need a testpoint unlock or will carrier unlock fix this? Please answer and If a TP unlock is required is there a free method? Or can anyone recommend a good unlocker for me please?

Thanks!

swebosdev

Aug 30, 2011
I have a r800a and the only way the bootloader can be unlocked is via testpoint method, which unlocks sim also.

Its a paid service, cost about as much as a simunlock

I used omnius to unlock mine. Took about 5 minutes

Last edited:
Reactions: xkeita

swebosdev

Aug 30, 2011
No with the above mentioned company you do it yourself using thier tools and instructions

Sent from my R800i using XDA

FRKD

Mar 23, 2012
yea... u can unlock it using an unlock code provided from your company

Okay I contacted Jinx13 and I was wondering, assuming I use a sim unlock it is still possible to use the TP unlock for the bootloader in the future isn't it (I know it is a waste of money for both as the TP unlock does unlock the sim although I'm not confident with the testpoint...)

imprezif

Aug 29, 2012
No with the above mentioned company you do it yourself using thier tools and instructions

Sent from my R800i using XDA

I just want to make sure of this before I purchase credits with them,
Mine is a R800A bootloader unlock allowed :no
with rogers in canada, When I look at the Omnius site it only describes them as R800.
supporting msm7x30
When I look at sony specs it describes R800A as msm8 platform .
I'm rooted and running CWM on 2.3.4
I want my bootloader unlocked don't care if the sim happens at the same time , and would prefer to retain all data and drm keys

Can this be unlocked by Omnius or do I need alejandrissimo to do this for me?

WorkingFerus

Jul 4, 2012
with rogers in canada, When I look at the Omnius site it only describes them as R800.
supporting msm7x30
I want my bootloader unlocked don't care if the sim happens at the same time , and would prefer to retain all data and drm keys

It is possible to use Omnius to unlock your phone. I have the same model and used their service to unlock my bootloader via TestPoint.

Reactions: imprezif

imprezif

Aug 29, 2012
It is possible to use Omnius to unlock your phone. I have the same model and used their service to unlock my bootloader via TestPoint.

While I have the attention of someone with experience in the test point method, maybe you can clarify somethings , I have done quite a bit of research into this and there are no good pictures or descriptions for the testpoint procedure with omnius method, I have found pics of the home made set of points used with the S1tools method (the safety pin and wire) where they mention wraping the wire around the outer shield of the USB cable as ground, then joining testpoint to the negative pole for the battery.
Omnius as far as I've been able to gather just says to use the metal sim card shield as ground. Not very descriptive on there part.
Just hoping you could give me a heads up to the actual process, so I'm properly prepared . Thanks

Sent from my R800a using xda app-developers app

imprezif

Aug 29, 2012
Guess I lost your attention, it's ok though, I found a really good description (on another site) sacrilege I know.

WorkingFerus

Jul 4, 2012
Guess I lost your attention, it's ok though, I found a really good description (on another site) sacrilege I know.

Haha, I had not checked the forum in a while. Did you get to unlock your bootloader?

I used a paperclip for testpoint. If you still need help, maybe I can take some pictures later today... or maybe I find the tutorial that I followed when I unlocked mine :silly:

Reactions: imprezif

imprezif

Aug 29, 2012
Yeah just finished a minute ago. Just need to start flashing.

mista_weezy

Jul 7, 2014
Need To bootloader unlock sony xperia play r800a

Hello guys ive been trying to find a method on the internet to unlock my sony xperia play r800a locked to telcel mexico, tried to contact jinx13 and alejandrissimo but got no answer from either, can someone help me out here? Help would really be appreciated

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a r800a and the only way the bootloader can be unlocked is via testpoint method, which unlocks sim also.

Its a paid service, cost about as much as a simunlock

I used omnius to unlock mine. Took about 5 minutes
    supporting msm7x30

Haha, I had not checked the forum in a while. Did you get to unlock your bootloader?

I used a paperclip for testpoint. If you still need help, maybe I can take some pictures later today... or maybe I find the tutorial that I followed when I unlocked mine :silly: