Meenova problems...

Search This thread

dave2metz

Oct 10, 2010
Clearwater, Florida
Hi. I got my Meenova in the mail about a week ago. Since I have a Nexus 5, I thought this would be perfect. I bought a brand new 16gb, class 10 Lexar sdhc to go with the Meenova. I formatted the card in my computer to Fat32. I have read through the different threads, and the process seems simple enough. Anyways, every time I connect the Meenova to my N5, I get "Preparing USB Storage" in the notification bar. Underneath that it reads "checking for errors". But it never goes away. I've tried Stickmount and also formatting the sd card to exfat and NFTS. I am currently rooted, running Commotio Nightly 2-20-2014. Are there any settings on the phone itself that I need to adjust? Same thing happens with an older sd card too... What do I need to do? Any help would be much appreciated! It bugs me that I can't get this to work properly. Thank you!

NEXUS 5

dave2metz

Oct 10, 2010
Clearwater, Florida
With Windows, I go to my computer, right click on the SD card, go to format. It gives the option for fat32, exfat, nfts I think. Plus the option to quick format or format the longer way. I've tried all of them. The link you gave me brings me to a page with a bunch of programs to download. Sorry, I'm not real computer savvy. I tried another program, but it just kept giving me tons of pop up ads. Thanks for the help though.. I appreciate it.

NEXUS 5

charesa39

Aug 19, 2013
Orange County, CA
With Windows, I go to my computer, right click on the SD card, go to format. It gives the option for fat32, exfat, nfts I think. Plus the option to quick format or format the longer way. I've tried all of them. The link you gave me brings me to a page with a bunch of programs to download. Sorry, I'm not real computer savvy. I tried another program, but it just kept giving me tons of pop up ads. Thanks for the help though.. I appreciate it.

NEXUS 5

I use EaseUS Partition Master (http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm) for all my formatting needs on my Windows 7 PC. It's super simple to use. I've used it to format my 2 64GB SanDisk Ultra Micro SDXC cards to FAT32 and I've never hit any issues. Just plug in your SD card to your computer, open up the program, right click on the sd card you want to reformat, select format (or reformat (I can't remember what it says)), select FAT32, and voila. It's super quick to (done in a matter of seconds).

Reactions: dave2metz

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
I don't know what program you're using but it should be there somewhere. When I ran winblows I used this free formatting program:

Mini Tool

Awful tool. Seen so many bad formats with it.
I wouldn't touch it ever again, even for the simple tasks it should be able to do.

I use EaseUS Partition Master (http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm) for all my formatting needs on my Windows 7 PC. It's super simple to use. I've used it to format my 2 64GB SanDisk Ultra Micro SDXC cards to FAT32 and I've never hit any issues. Just plug in your SD card to your computer, open up the program, right click on the sd card you want to reformat, select format (or reformat (I can't remember what it says)), select FAT32, and voila. It's super quick to (done in a matter of seconds).

+1

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dave2metz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Make sure the card is formatted to primary not logical.

NEXUS 5

I don't know what program you're using but it should be there somewhere. When I ran winblows I used this free formatting program:

Mini Tool

Awful tool. Seen so many bad formats with it.
    I wouldn't touch it ever again, even for the simple tasks it should be able to do.

+1

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk