[Q] Cannot find the resources to undo this soft brick.

Search This thread

outcold32

Sep 29, 2012
I have an AT&T HTC One x. Its ***Tampered*** ***Unlocked*** HBOOT 1 .09. 0000 S-ON

I had been running an older version of TWRP, and decided I was going to clear my phone and do a fresh start. I know, I know, I should have made a backup, but I felt pretty confident in what I was doing, and was in too much of a hurry to rationalize this.

I wiped both the OS and previous version of TWRP in order to update to the new ones. While in fastboot I flashed CLEANrom and the new version of TWRP, and my administrative command prompt confirmed that they were installed successfully. Even cleared the cache afterwards. Now is the difficult part. I've researched, and researched, and cannot find a solution for this problem. I keep having a Boot Loop.... I'm stumped guys... I need some sort of help, be it technical, or something to drink lol :D

Previous ROM was CM 10, with TWRP and PA GAPPS :good:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Have you tried flashing another ROM? I asked for the exact recovery version for a reason, please provide that information.

Sent from my Evita

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Also it isn't completely clear to me that you're flashing the boot.img from the ROM zip via fastboot after flashing the ROM in TWRP. Are you extracting the boot.img from the ROM zip and doing that or not?

Sent from my Evita

outcold32

Sep 29, 2012

Have you tried flashing another ROM? I asked for the exact recovery version for a reason, please provide that information.

Sent from my Evita

TWRP 2.7. And yes, I have flashed about 4 Roms all succeeded according to fastboot and still getting the boot sequence.:good:

Yes I have extracted the boot.img

Last edited:

outcold32

Sep 29, 2012

Sent from my Evita

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Also it isn't completely clear to me that you're flashing the boot.img from the ROM zip via fastboot after flashing the ROM in TWRP. Are you extracting the boot.img from the ROM zip and doing that or not?

Sent from my Evita

yes the boot.img file was extracted. I get a confirmation that it was successful when I flash it on fastboot

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
CM 10.2, CM 11, CLEANrom 7.0. all via fastboot with confirmations.

Why are you flashing roms via fastboot? -_- You're making your life difficult. Wipe everything in TWRP then flash in TWRP. ALso, you should really s-off and update your firmware/hboot. via RUU. You will likely encounter issues running a newer software on an such an old firmware.

Last edited:

outcold32

Sep 29, 2012
Why are you flashing roms via fastboot? -_- You're making your life difficult. Wipe everything in TWRP then flash in TWRP. ALso, you should really s-off and update your firmware/hboot. via RUU. You will likely encounter issues running a newer software on an such an old firmware.

If you would have read the thread, you would have noticed, that I am in bootloop, therefor I cannot access the recovery. And I have to have access to the ROM on my phone in order to flash anything via TWRP so this is moot. My question isn't how to flash roms, it's why am I getting a loop when I am successful on a clean partition and clean flash of both the recovery and ROM? And to me, fastboot is way easier than TWRP. I guess I could get a UART and try to debug the sequence myself, but I have more important things to do than that. I was posting to see if anyone had any similar problems. And this phone is an original model and I haven't really bothered with the security off, since I only wanted to get rid of sense in the first place. It was unlocked well before any commercial unlocker was available for the evita(Literally no stable CM10 at all at the time), so it's a little finicky in the first place. I ran the RUU after I re-locked the bootloader, and I'm at least out of the loop. I'm just going get to a more stable version so that this process will be more streamline when I re do my unlock and stuff.

So I guess the only solution at this point I have for any problem like this is to use the proper RUU. I tried a couple of times with no success, and it seemed the charm was to re lock the bootloader ( Fastboot oem lock) in order to properly and successfully get the RUU to work.:good:

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
Wth are you even on about? Of course you can access recovery in a bootloop. How are you getting to fastboot without accessing the bootloader? from the bootloader you can access recovery. If recovery isn't loading SCREW flashing a rom, reflash your recovery, 2.7 TWRP preferably. and then boot to recovery, mount your USB, copy the rom and flash it. Recovery is more important than having a ROM.

I know what I am talking about, do you know what you're talking about?

FFS I am trying to help you, there's no reason for you to be an ass. You're having issues BECAUSE you're flashing your rom via fastboot. You cannot flash a rom via fastboot.

outcold32

Sep 29, 2012
Wth are you even on about? Of course you can access recovery in a bootloop. How are you getting to fastboot without accessing the bootloader? from the bootloader you can access recovery. If recovery isn't loading SCREW flashing a rom, reflash your recovery, 2.7 TWRP preferably. and then boot to recovery, mount your USB, copy the rom and flash it. Recovery is more important than having a ROM.

FFS I am trying to help you, there's no reason for you to be an ass. You're having issues BECAUSE you're flashing your rom via fastboot. You cannot flash a rom via fastboot.

You didn't read the thread. I'm not being an ass. The information is already there.I can not access the recovery at all. That's why I am in in this situation. And again, if you had read the whole thread, or the even the original post, you would know that I cannot access the recovery. The only reason I'm being as detailed as I am is so I don't have to repeat myself, as well as for other people who may encounter this problem. And Yes I know what I am talking about. If I didn't I probably wouldn't have gotten to this point, right?

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
Okie dokie. No point in arguing. You're right. I'm wrong. Glad it's all working now.

Sent from my One XL using xda app-developers app

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
You didn't read the thread. I'm not being an ass. The information is already there.I can not access the recovery at all. That's why I am in in this situation. And again, if you had read the whole thread, or the even the original post, you would know that I cannot access the recovery. The only reason I'm being as detailed as I am is so I don't have to repeat myself, as well as for other people who may encounter this problem. And Yes I know what I am talking about. If I didn't I probably wouldn't have gotten to this point, right?

Exad is right in saying that the reason you're having problems is because you're attempting to flash ROMs with fastboot. That isn't how it's done. The correct way is to flash your ROM with recovery. You're barking up the wrong tree, not only that but you're arguing with experienced people who are only attempting to help get you out of the mess that you've gotten yourself into. You came here for advice, but there's no point in asking for advice if you're just going to argue and dismiss what you're being told to do.

You said you can't access your ROM so you can't flash anything, that makes absolutely no sense, which leads me to believe you don't really know what you're doing. Get out of the mindset that you need to use fastboot, it's wrong. You're dealing with people who have extensive and intimate knowledge of this device, trust us, we know what we're talking about.

Exactly why can't you access recovery? If you can issue fastboot commands that means you can access your bootloader, if you can access your bootloader that means you can use your volume keys to scroll through the options and the power button to select recovery. What happens when you do that? Exactly which recovery have you flashed to your device? I need to the full filename of the recovery that you've flashed.

Sent from my Evita

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
And this phone is an original model and I haven't really bothered with the security off, since I only wanted to get rid of sense in the first place. It was unlocked well before any commercial unlocker was available for the evita(Literally no stable CM10 at all at the time), so it's a little finicky in the first place.

S-on is a downright dangerous place to be, if the phone is also SuperCID (which is very likely, since its the AT&T variant). exad is right in recommending s-ff, as he is about a good many things.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.