[Q] Flickering screen problem

Search This thread

LMGray

Aug 15, 2009
Hi All.

I hope that anyone will be able to assist me. I have the Note 10.1 (2014) P-605. After a month with the tablet the screen started to flicker intermittently. Is would do it for a few seconds then go away.

At first I thought it was a problem with my smart cover as it seem to be better if I take it out of the cover. I have since replaced the cover and worked without it and while it has been better it is still there.

I have rooted the tab and thus I can send it back to Samsung.

I have tried apps to disable the magnet cover and still nothing.

I have also tried other roms (Stocky and Revolution) but still have the problem.

Has anyone else have/had the problem and is there a solution to this very irritating issue

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Reactions: ziotom2

tls.

Feb 25, 2013
Best thing to do is reseed the display ribbon. Power off the device, remove back panel, the ribbon on the left overlapping the battery is the display ribbon.

LMGray

Aug 15, 2009
Best thing to do is reseed the display ribbon. Power off the device, remove back panel, the ribbon on the left overlapping the battery is the display ribbon.

is there a good manual on how to open the note? Don’t want to do any damage ?

what I am not sure of , is that it never does it in the bootloading or in recovery.

tls.

Feb 25, 2013
You can seperate the piece of plastic (backside) from the "silver" frame, or just seperate the silver frame from the main body/display - they are just clips, just be easy. Use a credit card or a tool seperation.

Eliminate the most obvious problem (ribbon cable), if persists maybe an underlying hardware issue. More then likely its just the ribbon cable as the mainboard is not really flush with battery which can lead to the ribbon coming loose.

TheVirus1

May 29, 2014
Cape Town
I have the exact same problem with my tab it's something that comes and goes I hope it's the ribbon and not GPU. Coz I also rooted my device and wount b able to take it back. If you guys find a solution please let me know.

Will try to reseat the ribbon tonight. Will give feedback tomorrow

Last edited:

foo

Feb 2, 2005
Bavaria
I had the same problem. The display started flickering, then after I switched it off and on again, the display stayed black, although I could still hear incoming notifications. I sent it in for repair. In the repair log, they told me that a cable was replaced. Since I received it back, it has been working without any problems.
The repair was very quick here in Germany. I sent it in on a Monday and received it back the same week on Friday - that's really quick! I could also check the status online.

Reactions: erkkipj

dt33

Apr 11, 2010
Its the LCD ribbon cable that is loose and its at bottom of the ribbon cable that need to "tighten up". Can put electric cable over so it wont become loose again.Might need few tries to do it correct.
110616d1396472130-screen-blinking-internals.jpg

Link200

Jul 25, 2012
I have been getting horizontal artifacts when using hardware acceleration for videos since the 4.4 update myself. I'm thinking the update may have changed clock speeds or something.

Last edited:

LMGray

Aug 15, 2009
Its the LCD ribbon cable that is loose and its at bottom of the ribbon cable that need to "tighten up". Can put electric cable over so it wont become loose again.Might need few tries to do it correct.
110616d1396472130-screen-blinking-internals.jpg

Thank you for the advice.

It does seem strange that it never happens in the boot animations. Only in android itself.

what is the best way to open the tablet without damage? The back or the front.

Thank you in advance

dt33

Apr 11, 2010

It does seem strange that it never happens in the boot animations. Only in android itself.

Thank you in advance
It happens again yesterday, after the tab got lights hits/shaking etc.... past months and the screen starts to show symptons of flickering. But this time I didnt wait until it goes total black, since I know what causing the problem. :eek:

Just open the backcover with fingernails (or whatever tools needed, like creditcard but fingernails works best and fastest to open with :D) and this time I just needed to remove ribbon cable from zif connector and reinsert it again. Then jsut be sure push a little at bottom of the LCD ribbon cable too. The problem went right away. :victory:

Last edited:
Reactions: LMGray

LMGray

Aug 15, 2009
It happens again yesterday, after the tab got lights hits/shaking etc.... past months and the screen starts to show symptons of flickering. But this time I didnt wait until it goes total black, since I know what causing the problem. :eek:

Just open the backcover with fingernails (or whatever tools needed, like creditcard but fingernails works best and fastest to open with :D) and this time I just needed to remove ribbon cable from zif connector and reinsert it again. Then jsut be sure push a little at bottom of the LCD ribbon cable too. The problem went right away. :victory:

Thank you

I have opened the Tablet and for two days everything is going great. Thank you all for all the help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All.

I hope that anyone will be able to assist me. I have the Note 10.1 (2014) P-605. After a month with the tablet the screen started to flicker intermittently. Is would do it for a few seconds then go away.

At first I thought it was a problem with my smart cover as it seem to be better if I take it out of the cover. I have since replaced the cover and worked without it and while it has been better it is still there.

I have rooted the tab and thus I can send it back to Samsung.

I have tried apps to disable the magnet cover and still nothing.

I have also tried other roms (Stocky and Revolution) but still have the problem.

Has anyone else have/had the problem and is there a solution to this very irritating issue

Thank you in advance
    I had the same problem. The display started flickering, then after I switched it off and on again, the display stayed black, although I could still hear incoming notifications. I sent it in for repair. In the repair log, they told me that a cable was replaced. Since I received it back, it has been working without any problems.
    The repair was very quick here in Germany. I sent it in on a Monday and received it back the same week on Friday - that's really quick! I could also check the status online.

Thank you in advance