[MOD] Remove Clock, Battery, or Both from Taskbar. HTC Froyo 2.2 Final

Search This thread

JsChiSurf

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 5, 2010
Hacksville
While I'm still currently focused on my lowly Hero, you EVO owners (many former Hero owners) have been pretty relentless in contacting me for requesting ports of various mods I've done for the Hero over to the EVO :D.

Since I don't have an EVO (yet), to date, I've resisted, as the stuff I'm doing for my own phone pretty much takes up most of my free time. Feeling sorry for you poor EVO owners, I've finally given in and decided to port over some of the taskbar mods I've done for the Hero, since this has been highly requested :).

This mod "should" work on any deodexed ROM based on the Sprint/HTC Froyo 2.2 final build for the EVO. It modifies your services.jar file, so be patient on initial reboot, as your Dalvik cache will get rebuilt, and as always, nandroid before flashing.

You have SteelH to thank for the "encouragement", testing, and screen caps. With that, I will now return to my regularly subscribed forum...

EDIT: See this post for reverting to stock services.jar file.

Reference (No Clock):

30nch6w.png

Remove Clock from Taskbar <--- Flash via recovery

Reference (No Battery):
10ojjpz.png

Remove Battery from Taskbar <--- Flash via recovery

Reference (No Clock & No Battery):
2rr5uhd.png

Remove Clock & Battery from Taskbar <--- Flash via recovery

Last edited:
Reactions: roscoenr

brock1909

Nov 22, 2007
could you possibly combine yours with this one? ( its for a clear notification drop down. Sorry not sure how to edit the file)
Thanks for the mod!

troyboytn

Sep 21, 2009
Knoxville
Glad to see you working on the Evo JS. You had some awesome mods for the Hero.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

iknowsquat

Nov 10, 2008
Tampa
Awesome!
Installed no batt and clock zip to OMJ 2.2 deodexed and worked great.

Tried just the clock removal and got an error "bad file" ??
Just an FYI, could be a bad download, will test again later.

Thanks!!

SleepyS40

May 8, 2010
Phoenix
While I'm still currently focused on my lowly Hero, you EVO owners (many former Hero owners) have been pretty relentless in contacting me for requesting ports of various mods I've done for the Hero over to the EVO :D.

Ooooo hell, I used most all your mods on my hero, I'm so flippin stoked to see this. Thanks a million.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

brennod10

Jun 26, 2010
Boston
this is random... but does anyone have the regular black taskbar, because i flashed the white taskbar but it's hard to see the time, the battery doesnt show up, and there's a weird ear icon that i don't know what it is

dc5guy

Jan 3, 2009
works great on fresh's 2.2 rom.

can you post a flashable .zip to revert back to stock if we need to?

thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Since I don't have an EVO (yet), to date, I've resisted, as the stuff I'm doing for my own phone pretty much takes up most of my free time. Feeling sorry for you poor EVO owners, I've finally given in and decided to port over some of the taskbar mods I've done for the Hero, since this has been highly requested :).

This mod "should" work on any deodexed ROM based on the Sprint/HTC Froyo 2.2 final build for the EVO. It modifies your services.jar file, so be patient on initial reboot, as your Dalvik cache will get rebuilt, and as always, nandroid before flashing.

You have SteelH to thank for the "encouragement", testing, and screen caps. With that, I will now return to my regularly subscribed forum...

EDIT: See this post for reverting to stock services.jar file.

Reference (No Clock):

30nch6w.png

Remove Clock from Taskbar <--- Flash via recovery

Reference (No Battery):
    10ojjpz.png

Remove Battery from Taskbar <--- Flash via recovery

Reference (No Clock & No Battery):
    2rr5uhd.png

Remove Clock & Battery from Taskbar <--- Flash via recovery