How To: Revert to Windows Mobile 2003

Search This thread

Leiden

Jul 21, 2006
Whats needed:

TyphoonNBFTools: http://w1.whatcounter.com/dlcount.p...yphoonNBFTools_0.3_SPL1010064_SPVServices.zip
Any Official Rom (I used I-Mate SP3 WWE).
A Typhoon running Windows Mobile 5.0.

Reverting Back:

Run TyphoonNBFTools and Open the SPL1010064.nbf. Right click on SPL in the bottom part of the screen and choose Emergency Flash. If this is the first time you have used the program you will get a prompt on your phone to run the runtimes. Choose yes. Click OK to flash the new bootloader to your phone. Next disable Activesync by turning off USB connections. Turn off your phone. While holding down the Camera button insert the USB cable, the phone should run the bootloader and you will be presented with the tri-color screen. It should say USB in the bottom corner. Now run Mtty and choose USB connection. Hit enter in the blank white space. You should now see Cmd>. Type "info 2" without the quotes. You should see some information about your phone. Next type "format BINFS" agains without the quotes. This one is case sensitive. You should see format complete or something along those lines. Now close Mtty and re-enable USB connections. Run the exe from the update you downloaded and follow the instructions. Your phone should now boot back up to WM2003.

For those stuck in bootloader mode you will need to run mtty and reflash the wm5.bin to the phone then follow the steps above.

ucifmak

Jun 13, 2006
Abu Dhabi
Whats needed:

TyphoonNBFTools: http://w1.whatcounter.com/dlcount.p...yphoonNBFTools_0.3_SPL1010064_SPVServices.zip
Any Official Rom (I used I-Mate SP3 WWE).
A Typhoon running Windows Mobile 5.0.

Reverting Back:

Run TyphoonNBFTools and Open the SPL1010064.nbf. Right click on SPL in the bottom part of the screen and choose Emergency Flash. If this is the first time you have used the program you will get a prompt on your phone to run the runtimes. Choose yes. Click OK to flash the new bootloader to your phone. Next disable Activesync by turning off USB connections. Turn off your phone. While holding down the Camera button insert the USB cable, the phone should run the bootloader and you will be presented with the tri-color screen. It should say USB in the bottom corner. Now run Mtty and choose USB connection. Hit enter in the blank white space. You should now see Cmd>. Type "info 2" without the quotes. You should see some information about your phone. Next type "format BINFS" agains without the quotes. This one is case sensitive. You should see format complete or something along those lines. Now close Mtty and re-enable USB connections. Run the exe from the update you downloaded and follow the instructions. Your phone should now boot back up to WM2003.

For those stuck in bootloader mode you will need to run mtty and reflash the wm5.bin to the phone then follow the steps above.

Man! Can't thank you enough for this. I took my phone to the service centre, willing to pay for the repair, and they could not do it. Every thing works fine now. Very good manual, clear instructions and correct info!
THANKS!

azizraza

Sep 8, 2004
Hi
I Am Trying To Follow The Procedure Mentioned. But When I Right Click On Spl I Am Not Getting 'emergency Flash' Active.
Can U Please Assist Me Regarding This

Leiden

Jul 21, 2006
You need TyphoonNBFTools.dll installed on your phone. Try running TyphoonNBFTools and selecting Tools->Immediate Flash Tools->Test Immediate Flash. It should automatically install the required stuff for you. Check you phone when you run the program. You should get a prompt to installed a program from unknown publisher. Make sure to choose yes.

Last edited:

DomConway

Sep 25, 2007
Stuck in bootloader

Just trying to do this following my question here.

I though it was going well but I have a major problem now! I managed to do the emergency flash, but every time I boot I just get the tricolour bootloader screen (IPL 1.00, SPL 1.01.0064) and can't get any further. Any ideas please? I have tried using mtty to load wm5.bin but get the error "MTTYDownloadImageNot allow operation!"

I have also tried re-doing the "format BINFS" and doing the above again but still no joy.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

er1cc

Dec 8, 2005
I try flash Amadeus = Qtek 8100 with UpdateTool from Qtek 8310.
Update process stopped at 74% , and UpdateProgramm closed.
Now my Qtek 8100 not Powered ON , and can't enter in boot mode (tricolor screen) with "Camera" button hold + USB cable conneting.
PC don't see any USB devices when I connected my Qtek 8100 to USB port.
I think I erased Boot loader in my Qtek 8100 (but not sure).
Is any method for repair ?
WBR !

dark_prince

May 5, 2007
Islamabad
I try flash Amadeus = Qtek 8100 with UpdateTool from Qtek 8310.
Update process stopped at 74% , and UpdateProgramm closed.
Now my Qtek 8100 not Powered ON , and can't enter in boot mode (tricolor screen) with "Camera" button hold + USB cable conneting.
PC don't see any USB devices when I connected my Qtek 8100 to USB port.
I think I erased Boot loader in my Qtek 8100 (but not sure).
Is any method for repair ?
WBR !

UR Phone is fried!

this happens to almost 1 out of 20 users.....that while downgrading/upgrading to another bootloader, ur phone becomes dead....

rickwyatt

Feb 7, 2007
london

I though it was going well but I have a major problem now! I managed to do the emergency flash, but every time I boot I just get the tricolour bootloader screen (IPL 1.00, SPL 1.01.0064) and can't get any further. Any ideas please? I have tried using mtty to load wm5.bin but get the error "MTTYDownloadImageNot allow operation!"

I have also tried re-doing the "format BINFS" and doing the above again but still no joy.

get the tricolour bootloader type in mtty info 2 the type format BINFS then upgrade using rom upgrade

amptronic

Mar 14, 2008

i also got that problem but i reinstalled the patched RUU again and my phone now boot but i have not been able to go back to the 2003 as i insalled WM5 but still cant format the BINFS

josh_wraith

Feb 25, 2008
If already have patcher the bootloader with the guide to upgrade to wm 6.0 can I ignore to do it again? I mean flash bootloader again ?