[Q] GS2 Skyrocket root?

Search This thread

DoctorQMM

Feb 24, 2011
Anyone know/ sense if the new GS2 LTE Skyrocket phone (with 2.3.5) will be more difficult to root than the i777 GS2?

dayv

Sep 7, 2010
Anyone know/ sense if the new GS2 LTE Skyrocket phone (with 2.3.5) will be more difficult to root than the i777 GS2?

No. It will be more difficult to reset the binary counter if you trip it. But it won't be any harder to root just because of 2.3.5.

Now if they do something more to try and lock down the phone, that might make it harder to root.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Just like the TSGS2, none of the ISGS2 or ASGS2 ROMs will work on it. Maybe the TSGS2 ROMs will work because they're essentially the same phone. AT&T's said that their LTE phones will have a single combination radio which means no existing radios will work either.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
It will be more difficult (but not too much more) difficult to root.

1) Almost surely it is going to be less likely to attract competent developers. Look at the T989 as an example.
2) Download mode uses a somewhat different protocol, so you need the absolute latest Odin, and Heimdall will not work.

mbze430

Feb 28, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Actually the TSGS2 is getting some quick development. They just got a kernel now with BLN, with new Governor, and OC to 1.8ghz. Its moving along over there quite nicely

All this can be had on the Skyrocket since they share the same CPU platform.

tylerdurdin

Sep 30, 2010
New York
I would try the zergRush root....if it doesnt work it doesnt work. It will be helpful to the community to let them know.;)

juostaus

Oct 12, 2010
works on mine

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1296916

C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>adb shell
$ chmod 755 /data/local/zergRush
chmod 755 /data/local/zergRush
$ /data/local/zergRush
/data/local/zergRush

[**] Zerg rush - Android 2.2/2.3 local root
[**] (C) 2011 Revolutionary. All rights reserved.

[**] Parts of code from Gingerbreak, (C) 2010-2011 The Android Exploid Crew.

[+] Found a GingerBread ! 0x0002e118
[+] Found a Samsung, running Samsung mode
[*] Scooting ...
[*] Sleeping a bit (~40s)...
[*] Waking !
[*] Sending 149 zerglings ...
[*] Waking !
[*] Sending 189 zerglings ...
[+] Zerglings found a way to enter ! 0x18
[+] Overseer found a path ! 0x00030730
[*] Waking !
[+] Overseer found a path ! 0x00030a18
[*] Waking !
[+] Zerglings caused crash (good news): 0x40322cd4 0x0074
[*] Researching Metabolic Boost ...
[+] Speedlings on the go ! 0xafd25b05 0xafd395cf
[*] Waking !
[*] Sending 181 zerglings ...

[+] Rush did it ! It's a GG, man !
[+] Killing ADB and restarting as root... enjoy!

# id
id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root)
#

Reactions: HTC Chris
can someone please provide some directions on how to root this please.

I am trying the thigns mentioned but i dont get anything to folllow when i run runme.bat...?

:/

thanks

Will the .bat open? Are you n windows 7 64bit? (I am just curious) Make sure you turn on Unknown Sources and USB debugging. DO NOT connect your phone as a USB device. Hit spacebar after you load up the .bat. Make sure your not running the unroot file. Make sure you unzip the file too!

Last edited:

the2rrell

Jun 27, 2011
trying to get hulu working but cant seem to get root explorer to let me change the r/w options on system files.

but it gave me the allow root option. i used titanium to restore my apps so i know the root worked.

and to the guy above if follow the instruction to a tee, which there were not many.....it WILL work. when run the .bat even without the phone plugged it you should still get the black command prompt with the instructions.

djarpit

Jan 24, 2009
USA
trying to get hulu working but cant seem to get root explorer to let me change the r/w options on system files.

but it gave me the allow root option. i used titanium to restore my apps so i know the root worked.

and to the guy above if follow the instruction to a tee, which there were not many.....it WILL work. when run the .bat even without the phone plugged it you should still get the black command prompt with the instructions.

i tried as it says and i get the following

unledyts.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

Will the .bat open? Are you n windows 7 64bit? (I am just curious) Make sure you turn on Unknown Sources and USB debugging. DO NOT connect your phone as a USB device. Hit spacebar after you load up the .bat. Make sure your not running the unroot file. Make sure you unzip the file too!

I just connected phone ( havent connected as storage)

running on windows xp machine

both unknown sources and usb debunning are tunred on

I dont have hulu anymore but I used titanium backup as well so I know it worked. Set up some profiles on setcpu as well. Waiting on a kernel. Will the kernel for the GS2 for tmobile work for this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    works on mine

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1296916

$ chmod 755 /data/local/zergRush
    chmod 755 /data/local/zergRush
    $ /data/local/zergRush
    /data/local/zergRush

[**] Zerg rush - Android 2.2/2.3 local root
    [**] (C) 2011 Revolutionary. All rights reserved.

[**] Parts of code from Gingerbreak, (C) 2010-2011 The Android Exploid Crew.

[+] Found a GingerBread ! 0x0002e118
    [+] Found a Samsung, running Samsung mode
    [*] Scooting ...
    [*] Waking !
    [*] Sending 149 zerglings ...
    [*] Waking !
    [+] Zerglings found a way to enter ! 0x18
    [+] Overseer found a path ! 0x00030730
    [*] Waking !
    [+] Overseer found a path ! 0x00030a18
    [*] Waking !
    [+] Zerglings caused crash (good news): 0x40322cd4 0x0074
    [*] Researching Metabolic Boost ...
    [+] Speedlings on the go ! 0xafd25b05 0xafd395cf
    [*] Waking !
    [*] Sending 181 zerglings ...

[+] Rush did it ! It's a GG, man !
    [+] Killing ADB and restarting as root... enjoy!

# id
    id
    uid=0(root) gid=0(root)
    #
    I am currently rooted using ZergRush
    Worked 100% for me too....took about 5 to 7 minutes to root.
    All of the above.... it just gets to that point and then nothing. From the sounds of things it should be super simple

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

it was....lol

what os are you running xp?

---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

Got a link you can share for the CWM process? Got my SR rooted with TB installed, definitely want my backups next.

Is this it? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1315390

if you get rom manager....select the t-mobile sgs2 and run that recovery and that will give you the blue cwm
    hi,

ran a quick search in Google and found this one click root based on doomlord's zergrush easy root tool kit. http://techspyre.com/root-samsung-galaxy-s-ii-skyrocket-on-android-2-3-5-gingerbread-how-to-guide