New batches being shipped (build #311k)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

RedBlueGreen

Feb 26, 2011
London
So I actually posted this in the RMA thread but it just got lost in all the posts. Plus I can't find it posted anywhere else.

First two phones I had were 310k, both had faults and had to download the patch before using the phone.
My third phone is 311k, no faults and it came with KitKat preinstalled (no patch to download)

To check what build (batch) you have, look on your box where it shows the model #, imei # etc and look for S/N. The first 4 characters = build #.

I'm going to try and keep a log of all the build numbers and see if there are any changes to the phone like with the Nexus 4.

So.. so far:
310k - Need to install KitKat - Seems to have quality issues from my experience
311k - Preinstalled KitKat - Quality control seems better

This is just based off of three phones though. More information is needed.

td32

Nov 17, 2013
Mine downloaded the update at first boot, i don't have the box here right now, but i will report the build version tomorrow

Edit:

ye version 310k here too, lets see what the rma one will be, it should be here next week

Last edited:
Reactions: mittals888

cas8180

Apr 1, 2007
Las Vegas
Any improvements with the camera in the newer builds? Maybe I will RMA mine...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

RedBlueGreen

Feb 26, 2011
London
Any improvements with the camera in the newer builds? Maybe I will RMA mine...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Haven't noticed anything. I have both builds in my hands at the moment. 310k will be shipped back to Google tomorrow.

I got mine from sprint and it doesn't have the s/n on the box. I wonder how I could check it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Did you have to install a patch before using your phone? If so its a 310k build.

A_Str8

Jun 16, 2008
I got a 311K yesterday - no update was needed.
- The camera is slow
- Vibration is weaker than my Galaxy Nexus, but still noticeable when it rings in my pocket
- The speaker seems pretty loud to me. I can feel it vibrate a bit when I play music

Reactions: BoneXDA

Djapatos

Apr 7, 2011
I can also confirm.. I got 311K and no i didnt have to do update for real

Sent from my SGH-T999L using xda app-developers app

yonpa

Oct 6, 2011
Today I got my N5. It is 311k. No issues so far. No screen issues, no rattle sounds. 32gb black :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

[hfm]

Aug 21, 2009
NYC
New batch of manufacture.. Nothing to see here. It will continue to change until EOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OMG RMA just becase a button rattles...
    2794507.jpg
    Got a 401k. The speaker is so loud it blew out my windows, screen is so sharp it cut my face, buttons so firm they can't even be pressed, and the camera is so fast it took a picture of tomorrow!

Gonna have to RMA though because the earpiece speaker has 27 holes instead of 28. Get your **** together LG.
    So I actually posted this in the RMA thread but it just got lost in all the posts. Plus I can't find it posted anywhere else.

First two phones I had were 310k, both had faults and had to download the patch before using the phone.
    My third phone is 311k, no faults and it came with KitKat preinstalled (no patch to download)

To check what build (batch) you have, look on your box where it shows the model #, imei # etc and look for S/N. The first 4 characters = build #.

I'm going to try and keep a log of all the build numbers and see if there are any changes to the phone like with the Nexus 4.

So.. so far:
    310k - Need to install KitKat - Seems to have quality issues from my experience
    311k - Preinstalled KitKat - Quality control seems better

This is just based off of three phones though. More information is needed.
    I see. Thank you for replying. It looks like people get more 311K units with dusts under screens. Two of my friends had perfect 310K screens but RMA'ed because of a little loose power button. They both received 311K with dusts under screens and noisy haptic feedback (worse than my 310K). They are really pissed.

Serves them right.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    All N5 comes with KitKat. The update wasn't from JB to KitKat!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk