[Q] One Mini : Fastboot r Recobery impossible ! Helo me !

Search This thread

frneko

Aug 23, 2008
Hello aa all, and to the rescue!
I have a HTC One Mini (bought used) which revolved in Android 4.4.2...
By restarting, I touch Volume - and passed it in Bootloader
and impossible to get out!
I have tried Factory reset (in red) and Recovery (in green) but nothing.
The menu displays the following information:
* UNLICKED *.
M4 UL PVT Ship S-OFF RL
CID 1111111
Hboot 2-19 0000
OS 1.33.73.1
sept 03, 2013
Then the navigation FASTBOOT commands... etc...
Can you tell me how to deliver an original HTC 4.2.2 ROM or a stable (MagioR3?) custom Rom... and in french!
I flashed an Htc Diamond under WM 6.5...
I downloaded "Magio_Rom_R3.zip" this will be my 1st Android flash!
I installed HTC Drivers (M4) and ADB/FASTBOOT then TWRP2.6.3.0.img renamed to "recovery.img"
When I type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" =.
"FAILED (remote: image update error)"
Same message if I type "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
Can you help me?

Excuse the English, the translator...
Many thanks in advance.

scotty2000

Feb 28, 2008
You need to be in fastboot mode when you are in the boot loader menu, it must be the one with the red background.
Then type fastboot devices in commandline ( cmd window ) the response should be like a identity number from your device.
If there is no device found your windows drivers are not installed correctly. If your device is found, the fastboot flash..... Command should work.

Sent from my HTC One mini using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

In your posted details there is the cid 1111111 ( seven times a 1) that's not correct! There need to be 8 times the 1 ....maybe there is the mistake you need to get rid off!

frneko

Aug 23, 2008
You need to be in fastboot mode when you are in the boot loader menu, it must be the one with the red background.
Then type fastboot devices in commandline ( cmd window ) the response should be like a identity number from your device.
If there is no device found your windows drivers are not installed correctly. If your device is found, the fastboot flash..... Command should work.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

In your posted details there is the cid 1111111 ( seven times a 1) that's not correct! There need to be 8 times the 1 ....maybe there is the mistake you need to get rid off!

Thanks for your reply.
For the CID is 11 11 11 11 (8 digits)
"fastboot devices" = n ° of the M4 = Ok
"fastboot recovery recovery.img" (TWRP 2.6.3.0 ° =
FAILED ("remote: image update error")
I am desperate...

scotty2000

Feb 28, 2008
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and this file must be in same folder where fastboot.exe is located. Hope it works

dizzyman1180

Dec 20, 2010
Yes, all the files are in the same folder, but:
FAILED (remove: image update error)...

I too am having this same issue. I did an update and now all I can do is get to bootloader and recovery. There is no rom installed apparently.

my bootloader says this

Tampered
Unlocked
M4_UL_pvt ship s-on rl
hboot-2.22.0000
radio-1.19.40d.00.14

Ive tried adb sideload and it keeps coming back with an error. I can't get anything to work. Hoping i do not have a perm brick. Any hep as to the process i need to take to get a rom back on would be awesome

dizzyman1180

Dec 20, 2010
To the op I was able to figure out how to get a Rom back on my mini and get it to boot again. I can help you if you still need it. Pm me if you want assistance.

frneko

Aug 23, 2008
Hello, could you tell me how you did to put a Rom? with which files? web links and the method...
Many thanks in advance.
Excuse my English, translated from the French by Bing.

Durchblick

Apr 6, 2014
Hey Folks,

i got the Problem that i cant install any zip with´my recovery. Im using cwm advanced recovery 6. My Problem is that i got no OS on my device. I tryed to install with sideload cm but i just get the message: E: Error on /tmp/update.zip (Status 7)

I just want an OS on my device, doesent mather what at the Moment.

*** TAMPERED ***
***UNLOCKED ***
M4_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.21.0000
RADIO-1.24.40i.00.12
OpenDSP-v19.2.0268.0927
OS-2.12.111.3
eMMC-boot 1024MB
Dec 25 2013,17:02:52.0

Android-Version 4.3
HTC Sense Version 5.5
Software-Nummer 2.12.111.3
HTC SDK API Stufe 5.65

dizzyman1180

Dec 20, 2010
To the op I was able to figure out how to get a Rom back on my mini and get it to boot again. I can help you if you still need it. Pm me if you want assistance.

Ok, you will need 2 things in order to put a Rom back on. An OTG cable and a usb drive. I have pictures of them but it won't let me upload

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

To anyone having issues getting a Rom back on the mini I was able to fix this issue. My bootloader was unlocked, but still s-on and not rooted. A failed update was my issue..which I should have known better.
So I downloaded adb,, fastboot files and placed them all in a folder directly on my hard drive. I was able to flash a recovery using fastboot commands and once I had twrp recovery I wiped data and all, just to be safe. Then I used an OTG cable and connected it to my usb drive, in which I had a Rom zip on, and was able to flash it with no problem. I wiped cache and dalvik, and restarted back in bootloader and used fatboot once again and flashed the boot.img from the Rom I just flashed. Rebooted and it had a Rom again. That is the process I used after I tried all the other steps everyone had and nothing worked.

frneko

Aug 23, 2008
Ok, my basic problem: all recovery tempted by "fastboot flash recovery xxxx.img" return: "image update error" !

dizzyman1180

Dec 20, 2010
Ok, my basic problem: all recovery tempted by "fastboot flash recovery xxxx.img" return: "image update error" !

Try command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img". And make sure that the recovery file is not double named "img." Windows will automatically know it's an image file so just name it recovery.

Sent from my One Mini using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Boblud

Oct 8, 2013
Canterbury
no access to recovery

I've got the same sort of problem. The unit is fine until I try to go into recovery. It refuses to go there.
The problem started when I flashed CWMRecovery. Fastboot and adb recognise my phone, and accept commands, but when I try to flash recovery it sends an error message.

I get fastboot and bootloader menus fine.

I tried " fastboot boot recovery.img" but that just froze the machine .

When I try to get into recovery from rom manager or ROM toolbox pro, it takes me to the fastboot menu, not into recovery, and we're back to square one.

Running android 4.3 Sense 5.5 software 2.12.401.1 Supercid 11111111
rooted and unlocked

To get the phone to work again, I have to hold power down for about 10 secs direct from fastboot/bootloader. If i turn power off from bootloader, it returns to bootloader when I power up again.

Ho hum.

As I say , it works like a dream until I want to go into recovery.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks