Tempered Glass protectors?

Search This thread

an_xda

Apr 23, 2012
Any recommendations?

Looking to grab a glass protector from aliexpress but since the phone is relatively new, not sure of anyone's experience there. Previously got one for my S4 there and it was perfect.

Please report/merge if a similar thread already exists! TIA!

mike5026

Dec 13, 2010
Any recommendations?

Looking to grab a glass protector from aliexpress but since the phone is relatively new, not sure of anyone's experience there. Previously got one for my S4 there and it was perfect.

I first tried ZAGG glass but then I ended up using Galaxy S5 Screen Protector GLAS.tR SLIM Privacy. Both were pretty impressive to me. ZAGG has lifetime warranty for spigen I think you only get 90 days both cost the same $39.99 and ZAGG Glass is $34.99 on the website

an_xda

Apr 23, 2012
I first tried ZAGG glass but then I ended up using Galaxy S5 Screen Protector GLAS.tR SLIM Privacy. Both were pretty impressive to me. ZAGG has lifetime warranty for spigen I think you only get 90 days both cost the same $39.99 and ZAGG Glass is $34.99 on the website

Yep, aware of the bigger and more common brands. They are also usually more than 5 times the price of an equivalent one from China though!

Wondering if anyone had experience with the glass protectors from the Asian market?

I have used iLoome and Spigen products before and they do not impress me for the price I pay relative to alternatives at that point in time.

mike5026

Dec 13, 2010
Any recommendations?

Yep, aware of the bigger and more common brands. They are also usually more than 5 times the price of an equivalent one from China though!

Wondering if anyone had experience with the glass protectors from the Asian market?

I have used iLoome and Spigen products before and they do not impress me for the price I pay relative to alternatives at that point in time.

Well there's a saying you get what you pay for...pay for something cheap its obviously going to be cheap...if you pay for something that's pricey then most of the time the quality is great but here's some links hopefully it helps!

reviews on Movalute 7
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2744597
great prices
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2743707
reviews on other glass protectors
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2756657

Last edited:

babygau

Jun 22, 2011
Melbourne
i have different view on this matter. i'd recommend you to use asian brands because they are economical, yet good quality.

i'm using niilkin tempered glass, it's korean brand, it cost me just 14$ but i'm so satisfied with it, it fits perfectly with s5, finger-print resistance, real glass and super responsive. it's what you see is what you get.

hope it helps you

CallMeTut

Dec 26, 2010
Great glass

I am using the Lunnitt 9H (purchased from Amazon), love it and can't say a thing bad about the protector.

an_xda

Apr 23, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion all!

And if you really think that protector you get for paying the overpriced $30+ is any better than the $5 one... The marketing got you good...

ngl_ro

Sep 12, 2011
i9100
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
I use baseus, got it for about 15$.

I have it for about a month and a half now and it's still fingerprint resistant, very easy to clean, no scratches, and it's glass so it feels good to touch, i can't stand the plastic films.

I don't intend on finding out about shatter resistance though :laugh:

Jmoney420

Jun 12, 2013
Atlanta
Anybody pop off Otterbox defender screen protector and use a glass one? Ive been thinking of trying it but not sure if it will fit. I hate the defender case protector and love the clarity of the glass ones.

marvin79

Jun 18, 2014
Using m-glass. On all devices. Very nice and shipping to Russia cheap. Feel like no protector.

Top Liked Posts