[Q] Rezound internal SDCard unable to mount, partition, or wipe/format

Search This thread

GoatboyKev

Apr 27, 2011
This is driving me nuts... Here's my story.

Rooted Rezound, running Tachyon Rom.
One morning (today) phone would just no longer boot. Can boot into TWRP v2.7.1.1 recovery. Can flash recoveries, no problem.

But the internal SD Card shows 0 for size.

So I can't flash a new ROM, can't run the current one any longer. Can't do anything but flash recoveries.
I'm S-ON, so no idea how I can get utilize RUU's.

Any ideas? It's my only phone right now. I'm desperate.

HTC Rezound
TWRP v2.7.1.1
HBOOT: 2.28.000
RADIO: 2.23.10.0123r / 2.23.10.0124r
S-ON

GoatboyKev

Apr 27, 2011

One morning (today) phone would just no longer boot. Can boot into TWRP v2.7.1.1 recovery. Can flash recoveries, no problem.

So I can't flash a new ROM, can't run the current one any longer. Can't do anything but flash recoveries.

HTC Rezound
TWRP v2.7.1.1
S-ON

Seriously? Nobody has anything they can add to this? I'm really hoping to save this phone as I don't have the $$ to replace it at this time.

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Why can't you flash a ROM? Is your complete internal sdcard (all partitions) gone, or just the emmc (Internal Storage)?

Just put it on your external storage and flash from there... many Rezounds are running without the internal storage and they work fine, and in many JB ROM's they internal and external were "reversed" and the external storage was used as the primary, try some of the 4.2/4.3 build of Carbon, LiquidSmooth, Beanstalk, or any of the larger distros at that time.

If your entire internal sd card is gone (no /boot /system, etc), then your PIT (Partition Information Table) is probably toast, not a good spot to be in. Are you S-OFF, then try one of the executable RUU files (NOT one of the PH98IMG flashables), they will often rebuild the partition table and return the device to service. If you are S-ON, then only HTC can fix this, not sure if even a JTAG service can fix it.

GoatboyKev

Apr 27, 2011
Why can't you flash a ROM? Is your complete internal sdcard (all partitions) gone, or just the emmc (Internal Storage)?

Just put it on your external storage and flash from there... many Rezounds are running without the internal storage and they work fine, and in many JB ROM's they internal and external were "reversed" and the external storage was used as the primary, try some of the 4.2/4.3 build of Carbon, LiquidSmooth, Beanstalk, or any of the larger distros at that time.

If your entire internal sd card is gone (no /boot /system, etc), then your PIT (Partition Information Table) is probably toast, not a good spot to be in. Are you S-OFF, then try one of the executable RUU files (NOT one of the PH98IMG flashables), they will often rebuild the partition table and return the device to service. If you are S-ON, then only HTC can fix this, not sure if even a JTAG service can fix it.

Correct. The entire internal sdcard is gone. I can't mount, partition, wipe, or format it.
I'll see if I can flash a new ROM to the external SDCard. Can you direct me to a tutorial or something on how to flash to external SDCard or logically reversing the SDCards? It keeps failing as it tries to flash to internal by default.

I am S-On. :(

Thanks!

~ GBK

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Correct. The entire internal sdcard is gone. I can't mount, partition, wipe, or format it.
I'll see if I can flash a new ROM to the external SDCard. Can you direct me to a tutorial or something on how to flash to external SDCard or logically reversing the SDCards? It keeps failing as it tries to flash to internal by default.

I am S-On. :(

Thanks!

~ GBK
TBH, its probably toast then... Once the PIT is gone, or the internal flash chip goes bad, there is no recovery method I know of on an S-ON Rezound, even with S-Off there is only a slim chance of recovery at this point. The phones needs to have access to /boot, /system, and cache partitions on the internal flash, the rest can reside on the external storage.

GoatboyKev

Apr 27, 2011
TBH, its probably toast then... Once the PIT is gone, or the internal flash chip goes bad, there is no recovery method I know of on an S-ON Rezound, even with S-Off there is only a slim chance of recovery at this point. The phones needs to have access to /boot, /system, and cache partitions on the internal flash, the rest can reside on the external storage.

And the weeping begins... Thanks for your input on this.

zekemo

Mar 27, 2012

HTC Rezound
TWRP v2.7.1.1
S-ON

I had this issue appear when I tried to install a ROM on my S-off Rezound. Mine was the internal storage though. I tired many things to recover the data, but was only able to get it to remount after a format.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2665697&page=24 post #238

Last edited: