PPCContactsMgr v1.6

Search This thread

dotfred

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2005
Near Brussels, Belgium
www.dotfred.net
Description: PPCContactsMgr is a plugin for the Outlook contacts. It allows to select multiple contacts at once for deletion. Now it allows also to add phone numbers from calls history and received SMS. And recently, beam several contacts and add several contacts to SIM.

Version 1.6

A lot of people asked me if it was possible to beam several contacts at once or add several contacts to the SIM card at once and voila... It's possible now.

- Add Selected contacts to SIM
- Beam Selected contacts

Version 1.5

- added # and * in valid characters (requested by Bigix)

- application is translatable

Bigix wanted this tool to be translated in italian. So we worked together in order to have the tool translated.
Now everybody can have this tool in its own language thanks to mui resource dlls.

Here in attachment is the french version available.(Bigix will probably provide the italian version)
Both files (PPCContactsMgr.dll and PPCContactsMgr.dll.[LCID].mui) should be put in the \Windows directory.

The mui resource dll is just a resource dll containing all the strings used in the application.
Just use a resource editor (http://www.btinternet.com/~wilsoncpw/xn_resourceeditor_setup.exe) and translate the strings in your language. (See attached text file)

The number in hexadecimal in the mui resource dll filename is the default language id used on the pda.

for italia it is:410
for france it is: 40C

All LCIDs can be found here : http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/win2k/setup/lcid.mspx

If no mui is provided, the default resource strings from PPCContactsMgr.dll are used. (So English)

Version 1.4

Shows calls where the sender or number field is empty.

Version 1.3

2 menus items have been added to the standard menu and to the contact summary menu. (requested by lvlx)
- Add Phone From Calls History
- Add Phone From SMS

When you receive a phone call, or an SMS, you probably want to store the sender to the contacts, this is already possible. But often the contact already exists and you want to add a new number. This is what these new functions do.

Version 1.0 -> 1.2:

2 menus items have been added to the standard menu.
- Select All Contacts
- Delete Selected Contacts

If you select multiple contacts with the stylus, you will be capable of deleting them.

Cheers

ps.: the cab file should be copied on the ppc and installed from there. The PPCContactsMgr.dll (plugin) is installed in the windows directory (/Windows)

Cheers,

.Fred

ps.: cab file is in zip file, also reg file and dll (if you don't want to use the cab file). Some screenshots can be found in the zip as well.

pps.: if PPCContactsMgr is already installed, in order to upgrade it, poutlook.exe shouldn't run.

Attachments

• PPCContactsMgr.dll.40C.mui.v1.6.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 3,786
  • ppccontactsmgr_ids.v1.6.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 3,751
Last edited:

dotfred

Dec 30, 2005
Near Brussels, Belgium
www.dotfred.net
If I don't use the CAB File how do I uninstall this?
--
What do you mean outlook.exe must not run how do I turn it off?

1) Just use my Task Manager, select the processes tab, look for poutlook.exe, select it and click on terminate. If the process can't be closed, it will be killed.

2) In order to uninstall the plugin

a) "terminate" poutlook.exe
b) delete the PPCContactsMgr.dll located in \Windows
c) in the zip file, there is the reg file for the plugin, so use a reg editor, to remove the keys found in that file.

Cheers,

.Fred

molski

Mar 21, 2006
Amsterdam
www.molski.biz
Great Stuff DotFred!

I use your Taskmanager v2.3 and ContactsManager v1.2 in my Roms, I will update my Roms with this new version of this little app, it's great!

If I want to upgrade it wihout using the CAB, I only need to replace the .dll file and add the new Registry settings to my Rom? Is this correct?

Thanks a lot,

Molski

dotfred

Dec 30, 2005
Near Brussels, Belgium
www.dotfred.net
Great Stuff DotFred!

I use your Taskmanager v2.3 and ContactsManager v1.2 in my Roms, I will update my Roms with this new version of this little app, it's great!

If I want to upgrade it wihout using the CAB, I only need to replace the .dll file and add the new Registry settings to my Rom? Is this correct?

Thanks a lot,

Molski
Hi Molski,

Glad to hear (read) that! ;)

Yes indeed, because there are new entries in the registry.

Cheers,

.Fred

GerooTech

Apr 7, 2005
very good idea, it was selly to add the contact as unknown contact then copy the no to the original contact then delete the unkonw caller, thanks i am trying and i will feed you back.

GerooTech

Apr 7, 2005
Dear Dotfred
i have tried to add a phone no from call history but it displayes only the no's already saved with my contacts. Also i have tried to add a no. from sms i sent not one i received but it is only displayes the sms's i recieved.

bnycastro

1) Just use my Task Manager, select the processes tab, look for poutlook.exe, select it and click on terminate. If the process can't be closed, it will be killed.

2) In order to uninstall the plugin

a) "terminate" poutlook.exe
b) delete the PPCContactsMgr.dll located in \Windows
c) in the zip file, there is the reg file for the plugin, so use a reg editor, to remove the keys found in that file.

Cheers,

.Fred
Thanks for the info dotFred :) will try this one out... it seems worth just to be able to select multiple contacts.

dotfred

Dec 30, 2005
Near Brussels, Belgium
www.dotfred.net
Dear Dotfred
i have tried to add a phone no from call history but it displayes only the no's already saved with my contacts. Also i have tried to add a no. from sms i sent not one i received but it is only displayes the sms's i recieved.
You're right, if one of the fields sender or number is empty, I don't show the call, it will be fixed in next release.
For SMS, only the SMS in the Inbox folder are shown.

Cheers,

.Fred

lvlx

Apr 26, 2006
Frederic,
Thank U very much for All Ur Programms! It is amazing how U can
comprehend to make up for a deficiency in WM5 for the common good!
And all your programms still free as before.
I am agree with Faria: "you are a star. this is dedication." ;-)

bjevers

Feb 10, 2006
Waukee, IA
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Bug fixed?

Frederic - I have had a bug with PPCContactsMgr and I was wondering if it was fixed in this new version. To reproduce the bug, go to Contacts, filter to a contact using the letters on the top of the screen. Now if I choose that contact using the middle select hardware button, or by pushing my Talk hardware button, it actually chooses the first contact in my list. Now if I filter again, it works fine. It's only the first time that it does this. The other related bug is if I hold down on the pad and let it scroll through the letters. When it gets to the letter I want, and I select the contact, it actually selects a different contact.

Does this new version fix this bug? I would test it, but I'm running Molski's AKU 2.3 ROM and I'm not sure if I can update it since the PPCContactsMgr.dll is integrated into the ROM.

Thanks...Brian

dotfred

Dec 30, 2005
Near Brussels, Belgium
www.dotfred.net
Frederic - I have had a bug with PPCContactsMgr and I was wondering if it was fixed in this new version. To reproduce the bug, go to Contacts, filter to a contact using the letters on the top of the screen. Now if I choose that contact using the middle select hardware button, or by pushing my Talk hardware button, it actually chooses the first contact in my list. Now if I filter again, it works fine. It's only the first time that it does this. The other related bug is if I hold down on the pad and let it scroll through the letters. When it gets to the letter I want, and I select the contact, it actually selects a different contact.

Does this new version fix this bug? I would test it, but I'm running Molski's AKU 2.3 ROM and I'm not sure if I can update it since the PPCContactsMgr.dll is integrated into the ROM.

Thanks...Brian
Hi Brian,

I don't think this is to do with PPCContactsMgr, the only thing it does is subclassing the outlook window in order to change the style of the contacts listview. I don't do anything else. I tried to reproduce your problem but I can't. I'm running AKU 3.2 (see my signature).
There is something you can try to be sure. Just use this tool to unregister the dll. Do a soft reset and check if you still have problems with the contacts.

Regsvrce /u ppccontactsmgr.dll (to unregister)

cheers,

.Fred

ps.: if you want to upgrade to new version

1) Regsvrce /u ppccontactsmgr.dll
2) soft reset
3) install new cab

Attachments

• REGSVRCE.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 106

bjevers

Feb 10, 2006
Waukee, IA
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Everything works once I disable PPCContactsMgr. I didn't unregister the DLL, but I did remove all the registery entries related to it. This has happened to me with AKU 2.0, 2.2, 2.3, and Faria's 3.2RC1. Removing the reg entries has fixed it everytime for me.

Could it be something in my pim.vol that is messing it up? I could send it to you for testing it you want.

Brian

dotfred

Dec 30, 2005
Near Brussels, Belgium
www.dotfred.net
Everything works once I disable PPCContactsMgr. I didn't unregister the DLL, but I did remove all the registery entries related to it. This has happened to me with AKU 2.0, 2.2, 2.3, and Faria's 3.2RC1. Removing the reg entries has fixed it everytime for me.

Could it be something in my pim.vol that is messing it up? I could send it to you for testing it you want.

Brian
All right, the best thing to do is to ask Faria, if he has the same problems.
I'm really sorry, because I tried several times, exactly what you did, and not a single problem.

I'm sure it is nothing to do with pim.vol, it's just a database. The problem relies in poutlook.exe

Cheers,

.Fred

Kimba58

May 16, 2005
Great little program, but only works for default contact program. Usinf PI and it does not seem to work. Please help.

Kimba58