[ODIN][CWM]ED01 Stock ROM/Kernel/Recovery

Search This thread

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
I put this together for the folks that don't care about the ED01 modem and just want the stock ROM. It could also be useful for people that got the OTA, but want to go back to stock after flashing a custom ROM. I updated via Adrynalyne's method (Odin DL09, update to EA28, then ED01) that he posted here.

There are two versions, one for Odin, the other for CWM. The Odin version is still rooted, but otherwise stock. It will flash the ROM, kernel, and recovery, as well as perform a factory reset. The CWM Zip version is not rooted, but you will want to wipe data after you flash it (perform a factory reset). Neither method will flash the modem as I have no way to dump that, so you will need to already have the ED01 modem if you want to be fully stock.

Odin Version
CWM Zip Version

Last edited:

bigjobber69

Mar 26, 2011
This is great work! I want the ED01 modem for this though, that prob wont be happening anytime soon though im guessing right?

imnuts

Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
Ah ok. Do I flash this or the modem first?

Thanks.

This doesn't include a modem, so you will be on the same baseband you were on beforehand. Until someone digs up a ED01 modem, you need to do the OTA to get the ED01 modem.

Is this rooted with the new su package? Thanks

Yes

This is great work! I want the ED01 modem for this though, that prob wont be happening anytime soon though im guessing right?

Yeah, until someone happens to find a full Odin package for ED01, or can somehow stumble upon just an ED01 modem, this will just be good for flashing the stock rooted ED01 system/kernel.

toskabab

Jun 28, 2008
Lubbock, TX
Thanks for this. I have been flashing my phone every other week if not more since day 1 without any problems. Now that I want to sell it all of a sudden I'm stumped and can't get it back to working order before I ship it out. Hopefully this will solve my problems. Thanks again. Thunderbolt, here I come! :)

sgtflick

Jan 6, 2008
thanks for the ODIN! This will help greatly! Is it pretty much stock, or did you change a few things (DEBLOAT) and does it have the STAY AWAKE feature?

BeeDubs

Aug 21, 2010
Out of curiosity why would you flash this when you can get the version with the modem?

What's the advantage?

Thank you for your work.

Sent with my thumbs.

imnuts

Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
It would be useful if you did the OTA to get the modem, then installed a custom ROM and needed to go back to stock. Say your phone starts doing something odd, you can't take it in with a custom ROM on it, so you could use this to get back to stock faster than taking the DL09->EA28->ED01 route.

shauder

Sep 27, 2010
It would be useful if you did the OTA to get the modem, then installed a custom ROM and needed to go back to stock. Say your phone starts doing something odd, you can't take it in with a custom ROM on it, so you could use this to get back to stock faster than taking the DL09->EA28->ED01 route.

Exactly, cause how odd would it be for a phone to have a ED01 modem and DL09 system =D lol

prehistorical

Mar 11, 2011
Thanks for this; I already did the long stroll to get the ED01 Radio, and this will save me tons of time if "something goes wrong" or for the next ROM change.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I put this together for the folks that don't care about the ED01 modem and just want the stock ROM. It could also be useful for people that got the OTA, but want to go back to stock after flashing a custom ROM. I updated via Adrynalyne's method (Odin DL09, update to EA28, then ED01) that he posted here.

There are two versions, one for Odin, the other for CWM. The Odin version is still rooted, but otherwise stock. It will flash the ROM, kernel, and recovery, as well as perform a factory reset. The CWM Zip version is not rooted, but you will want to wipe data after you flash it (perform a factory reset). Neither method will flash the modem as I have no way to dump that, so you will need to already have the ED01 modem if you want to be fully stock.

Odin Version
    CWM Zip Version
    I thought the EC01 modem would work with this?

EC01 modem will work just fine for this.

what do you guys mean by modem i came from a htc evo to the verizon network which is way better lol

Modem and Radio r the same thing
    Modem = Baseband = Radio
    Updated the OP with a CWM Zip file to go back to stock as well.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, this has NO impact on your modem. If I'm on Comm Rom or EF with my ED01 modem, I flash this and I'm back to stock VZ froyo, correct?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

You are correct that this does nothing to the radio/baseband/modem. And if you flash this, you will be back to stock Froyo, or stock/rooted Froyo.