Focus i917 AT&T USA and i917R ROGERS CANADA RETAIL ROMs

Search This thread

PavelX1

Jan 25, 2009
Last edited:

astaccz

Jul 15, 2010
I can finally revive my demoed mode focus??? Which do I download if I am in the Usa the first, or the 4K? Whats the difference?

D

day2die

At long last, we have ROM for the Samsung Focus: a big thanks to PavelX1.

What's the different between UCJK2 AT&T USA & UCJK3 ATT USA 4K?

Last edited:

EnderPsp

Apr 6, 2008
Lost in Europe :)
Dude, I don't know what magic you did, but thanks!
Big thanks on the 1st post added!

Anyone, anything about the contents? OS version, radio etc?

astaccz

Jul 15, 2010
I flashed the Samsung i917 Focus firmware UCJK2 AT&T USA and its OS version 7004 and the software radio is 2103. Everything works beautifully. Many thanks PavelX1

Reactions: EnderPsp

minori_aoi

Jun 4, 2008
Jakarta
Hello, how can I flash my phone using this firmware ??? The "Start" button always disabled (greyed out).

Is this only for developer unlocked device ??

My phone is Samsung Focus rev 1.3 in 7390 Update (zune said it's already updated to latest version, but someone here said there's may update 7392)

astaccz

Jul 15, 2010
Hello, how can I flash my phone using this firmware ??? The "Start" button always disabled (greyed out).

My phone is Samsung Focus rev 1.3 in 7390 Update (zune said it's already updated to latest version, but someone here said there's may update 7392)

These roms bring your phone basically back to factory with os version 7004. Its useful if you have a focus in demo mode or just wanna downgrade to 7004 to do the chevron unlock and upgrade. But to answer youre question, in order for the program to see your phone, you have to put ur phone in download mode.
Turn off phone, hold camera, volume up, n power then connect to pc. Make sure you have samsung drivers installed. If you have windows vista or 7, if drivers are not there it will automatically install from windows update.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

Last edited:

minori_aoi

Jun 4, 2008
Jakarta
These roms bring your phone basically back to factory with os version 7004. Its useful if you have a focus in demo mode or just wanna downgrade to 7004 to do the chevron unlock and upgrade. But to answer youre question, in order for the program to see your phone, you have to put ur phone in download mode.
Turn off phone, hold camera, volume up, n power then connect to pc. Make sure you have samsung drivers installed. If you have windows vista or 7, if drivers are not there it will automatically install from windows update.

Just found your answer after I finished flashing my focus and want to give a little tutorial for people who don't know how to do it. But thanks anyway :)

And yes, I bought my focus from ebay, already updated in 7390, but I want to unlock my device. Have been struggling since yesterday, searching here and there. Now I can sleep tight :)

How to flash your focus !! said:
To wrap it up :

1. Download Samsung USB Driver (Windows 7 can't find it for me) and install it.
http : //mirror.batteryboss.org/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe

2. Unplug your device (if it's plugged).

3. Put your focus in download mode (I found this from Omnia forum), as astaccz already stated, press Volume UP + Camera + Power button, then after you see Exclamation Mark inside Yellow Triangle, release the button.

4. After the driver installed, Run the application (I use the 7.21 version) then load all of the files needed. (nb0, bin, etc)

5. Plug your device !! The Start button will be clickable now !!

6. Press start, and enjoy the flashing progress.

7. Wait until you get the Getting Started screen.

8. Enjoy !!!

Original Omnia 7 flashing guide here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=973420

Funkadube

Jun 6, 2011
FL
many thanks PavelX1, very good work indeed. More people can be set at ease knowing they can always flash back to factory default. This helps me out b/c I tweak my Focus so much I forget what all I've done sometimes :) Harder to try and undo things than just revert back to default factory and redo what tweaks I liked. Thanks again and keep up the great work...we all appreciate it.

maese34

Jul 8, 2007
Sadly, I'm still not able to make my focus workin. After flashing it's stucked and just displays SAMSUNG. :(

r67

Jun 1, 2011
It will not complete phone just goes to connect to computer screen and stays there. Been waiting for 30 min now. Any one have any info?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App

SuperSport

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
I've been waiting for this for a long time. My replacement phone came with 7390 installed, so I was locked out. Now, I've flashed this 7004 ROM, Unlocked, Updated, and am currently running 7390 UNLOCKED. Very much appreciated. :D

Be sure to browse for all the file parts in the Flash Program, then be sure to select ALL the check boxes. Next, put your phone into DOWNLOAD mode (Volume UP, Power, Camera) and then start the flash. See the attached images. Of course your files will be in slightly different locations.

Attachments

• SamsungFocusFlash.jpg
    SamsungFocusFlash.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,388
  • DownloadMode.jpg
    DownloadMode.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 5,200
Last edited:

dendron

Dec 31, 2007
I've been waiting for this for a long time. My replacement phone came with 7390 installed, so I was locked out. Now, I've flashed this 7004 ROM, Unlocked, Updated, and am currently running 7390 UNLOCKED. Very much appreciated. :D

Be sure to browse for all the file parts in the Flash Program, then be sure to select ALL the check boxes. Next, put your phone into DOWNLOAD mode (Volume UP, Power, Camera) and then start the flash. See the attached images. Of course your files will be in slightly different locations.
Same here, got a focus from ebay which already had 7390, after flash, the firmware and radio were downgraded on mine compared to the original retail rom from att, I used UCJK2 AT&T USA, the process took less than 10 minutes, also I kept my sandisk 8gb sdcard in, and was formatted and added automatically. Ran chevron, debrand, updates to 7392, all OK. The UCJK2 AT&T USA is 7004, did not try the UCJK3 ATT USA 4K because it's probably already 7390... and you will not be able to unlock it.

Last edited:

SuperSport

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
Same here, got a focus from ebay which already had 7390, after flash, the firmware and radio were downgraded on mine compared to the original retail rom from att, I used UCJK2 AT&T USA, the process took less than 10 minutes, also I kept my sandisk 8gb sdcard in, and was formatted and added automatically. Ran chevron, debrand, updates to 7392, all OK. The UCJK2 AT&T USA is 7004, did not try the UCJK3 ATT USA 4K because it's probably already 7390... and you will not be able to unlock it.
I also left my 16GB SD Card in during flash. I did try the 4K version, but it said I didn't have the correct hardware. Not sure what that one is for. Maybe it's for the phones that have the newer memory, v4 or something like that?

It's so great to be unlocked! I've got a REAL FlashLight again...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

so i was FINALLY able to manage them! you was waiting so long for them?
    first really Retail ROMs for Focus i917 and i917R

Enjoy them!

signed by WP7_PRODUCT (1.3 HW):

Samsung i917 Focus firmware UCJK2 AT&T USA

Samsung i917R Focus firmware UXJL2 ROGERS CANADA

signed by WP7_PRODUCT_4K (1.4 HW):

Samsung i917 Focus firmware UCJK3 ATT USA 4K

Happy Flashing

Just found your answer after I finished flashing my focus and want to give a little tutorial for people who don't know how to do it. But thanks anyway :)

And yes, I bought my focus from ebay, already updated in 7390, but I want to unlock my device. Have been struggling since yesterday, searching here and there. Now I can sleep tight :)

How to flash your focus !! said:
    To wrap it up :

1. Download Samsung USB Driver (Windows 7 can't find it for me) and install it.
    http : //mirror.batteryboss.org/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe

2. Unplug your device (if it's plugged).

3. Put your focus in download mode (I found this from Omnia forum), as astaccz already stated, press Volume UP + Camera + Power button, then after you see Exclamation Mark inside Yellow Triangle, release the button.

4. After the driver installed, Run the application (I use the 7.21 version) then load all of the files needed. (nb0, bin, etc)

5. Plug your device !! The Start button will be clickable now !!

6. Press start, and enjoy the flashing progress.

7. Wait until you get the Getting Started screen.

8. Enjoy !!!

Original Omnia 7 flashing guide here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=973420