Samsung Galaxy R is discontinued, so says Samsung outlets

Search This thread

micrographics

Dec 5, 2008
Bangalore
Yesterday I visited several stores in Jayanagar, Bangalroe and everyone said no stock, product discontinued. Then I visited one of the Samsung Smartphone store i.e. Samsung Flagship store and the guy sitting there confirmed availability though he had only one piece in stock. I agreed for the price and then brought the box from store and to my surprise, the flagship store saleguy was having resealed box and clear marks on that showing "Speaker and Headphone problem - Brigade Road"

Secondly, the box had double seal on it. One Original; Samsung Seal with Samsung Logo and another pasted on top of it. This made be doubtful that sale person is trying to sell either a defective piece of a used piece which a customer returned and that too for 22K.

Is this the standard of Samsung Brand store.

Reactions: lalu.tura

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012
Yesterday I visited several stores in Jayanagar, Bangalroe and everyone said no stock, product discontinued. Then I visited one of the Samsung Smartphone store i.e. Samsung Flagship store and the guy sitting there confirmed availability though he had only one piece in stock. I agreed for the price and then brought the box from store and to my surprise, the flagship store saleguy was having resealed box and clear marks on that showing "Speaker and Headphone problem - Brigade Road"

Secondly, the box had double seal on it. One Original; Samsung Seal with Samsung Logo and another pasted on top of it. This made be doubtful that sale person is trying to sell either a defective piece of a used piece which a customer returned and that too for 22K.

These re-sealed boxes are usually the demo pieces which are put up for display. I was being given such a piece but I flatly refused to buy it.

I bought from another shop which had stock. I would suggest you not to buy any such re-sealed handsets as there's no way we can check what has been done to the handset or if there's any hardware defect.

Moreover if you saw some remarks indicating some hardware problems with that particular handset then it makes no sense to buy that piece.

But do try some other shops if you are lucky enough you'll get one. :)

raghavafitt

Jan 10, 2012
Khammam,AndhraPradesh
www.facebook.com
GALAXY R will not discontinious......

If it is out of stock now, then it might come again with ICS pre-loaded. Don't think Sammy will discontinue SGR so soon.The available device was imported/manufactued in Oct'11. So, after price drop it was sold out. Guess,it should be available with ICS by March-April.

Google86

Oct 19, 2011
Spain, EU.
what do you think about a galaxy R with STE cpu? our tegra2 is I9103 , the ste version shoun't be a diffent code? like ie I9103T,or I9103G? like S2 that exists variants like I9100, I9100T, I9100G regarding the diferent SoC or specs.

Our SGR i9103 has already confirmed by samsung ICS since Dec 20th. and we dont know anything about this new CPU on SGR. even if will be sold outside hong kong.

shafee005

Oct 20, 2011
Cochin, India
Samsung Official Response

This is how Samsung responded on their official forum

"We would like to inform you that galaxy R was launched with limited stocks and whatever quantity is available would be with retailers, please check with them for the same. However, alternatively you can check out galaxy S which offers great value with similar features: check the link- Forum not letting me post the source link here :(

It is evident from this response that, they have no plans for bringing Galaxy R back to market. The chances of Galaxy R getting ICS is diminishing. I was using Galaxy SL i9003, prior to Galaxy R and got the GB update after posting some really "GOOD COMMENTS" on all available samsung resources and forums on internet. We users will have to start cribbing Samsung from day 1, once ICS for Galaxy S2 is released ;)

aswath

Jan 20, 2012
It is available online

I am a new user and I am unable to post links. try on saholic.com Rs.22739

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012
This is how Samsung responded on their official forum

"We would like to inform you that galaxy R was launched with limited stocks and whatever quantity is available would be with retailers, please check with them for the same. However, alternatively you can check out galaxy S which offers great value with similar features: check the link- Forum not letting me post the source link here :(

It is evident from this response that, they have no plans for bringing Galaxy R back to market. The chances of Galaxy R getting ICS is diminishing. I was using Galaxy SL i9003, prior to Galaxy R and got the GB update after posting some really "GOOD COMMENTS" on all available samsung resources and forums on internet. We users will have to start cribbing Samsung from day 1, once ICS for Galaxy S2 is released ;)

Galaxy R has not been released just in India but also many European & Asian countries but not in America. So Samsung will have to face a lot of heat if it delays the update.

I don't think there would be any need to do all of that so early, let them first release the ICS for the Note & S2.

Our R being updated to ICS after S2 will help in reducing some bugs when it finally comes to us, even though there's little common between the two but it'll surely help them.

Some bugs will be rectified after Samsung gets feedback from the S2 & Note ICS ROM.

But if the need arises we can request our members to do the needful. ;)

Last edited:

shafee005

Oct 20, 2011
Cochin, India
Galaxy R has not been released just in India but also many European & Asian countries but not in America. So Samsung will have to face a lot of heat if it delays the update.

I don't think there would be any need to do all of that so early, let them first release the ICS for the Note & S2.

Our R being updated to ICS after S2 will help in reducing some bugs when it finally comes to us, even though there's little common between the two but it'll surely help them.

Some bugs will be rectified after Samsung gets feedback from the S2 & Note ICS ROM.

But if the need arises we can request our members to do the needful. ;)

Yup, lets hope for the best ;)

shafee005

Oct 20, 2011
Cochin, India
Latest Press Releaseon ICS

" SEOUL, Korea – March 13, 2012 – Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., the global leader in Android™ smartphones, today announced the availability of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) software upgrade for GALAXY S II. The upgrade will begin in the European countries including Poland, Hungary, and Sweden, as well as Korea today and gradually roll out to other markets. Android 4.0 ICS software upgrade for GALAXY Note, GALAXY SII LTE, GALAXY R, GALAXY Tab 7.0 Plus, 7.7, 8.9 and 10.1 will follow soon. "

:p

M

m.kochan10

That's what I thought :( It's the only one that mentions SGR. All others say nothing about i9103.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We have it in Russia about from $530 to $620 USD in internet stores and regular shops
    But we are paying about $170 USD for russian goverment test mark inside
    Guys you would not like to miss this for sure. Check this thread !! :cool:

Free Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation for Samsung Galaxy R owners

Hit 'Thanks' if you like. :)
    From little bit what I know of Marketing, it may be the case that Samsung Galaxy R is actually cannibalizing the sales of Galaxy S/Plus in India which still sell a lot, considering novice users dont know theadvantages between single/dual core processors. Samsung may want to push the sales of galaxy S/ S plus until stocks are out and then restart stocking Galaxy R. OR they may actually cease from selling Galaxy R in the Indian Market. The situation on Dev support would become apparent once its known whether other markets are going to discontinue Galaxy R also.

(Btw: Sammy, if you really did this then God bless Apple f**k you. If not, then let the hunter become the victim.)
    I did face the same problem...Samsung service centre told me that my mother board was faulty....I got my phone replaced from my retailer later...

Sent from my GT-I9103 using XDA App